[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you've read Season of Sakura you've read every VN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: SAKU_P.png (66KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
SAKU_P.png
66KB, 640x400px
If you've read Season of Sakura you've read every VN ever. All anime girl archetypes of the past 30 years show up here in this game, all of them, no exceptions. There's no reason to pick up new VNs anymore.
>>
So play older ones like Tenshi-tachi no Gogo. Or ones without girls.
>>
File: Good_times.jpg (607KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Good_times.jpg
607KB, 2592x1944px
>>4094802
Season of the Sakura was a pretty cool visual novel. I wish I bought in its day. I still want it too. Shame there wasn't more with not-Katsuragi Misato. Even back then I recognized the Evangelion, St. Tail, and Rayearth ripoffs but I think part of the charm was that it took the characters and jammed them into the same school setting.

I think there are plenty of visual novels that offers stories that are different from just school love. I've gone through a few that were mystery thrillers, some explore horror, some are fantastical. The venerable Chrono Trigger had a visual novel sequel in Radical Dreamers. I think Elf's Yu-No game is pretty good. The C's Ware titles like Eve Burst Error, Eve: The Lost One, Desire, etc. are compelling too (I have not played Eve Zero yet) that goes beyond character archetypes and focus on their narratives.

I visit my local Walmart (in the middle of nowhere US, they are the center of our lives) and I see they still sell visual novels like The Walking Dead, Life Is Strange, The Wolf Among Us, etc. so I am guessing people are finding reasons to pick up new VNs anyway. I think of the genre like those pulp paperback fiction books you'd find, disposable entertainment where some enjoyment can be had. I think I even read that some of those games won awards, so I guess they are getting recognition even with their anime girl archetypes.
>>
>>4094910
>. Or ones without girls.
Gaaaaaaay
>>
>>4094950
please get a trip, your pictures are annoying as fuck
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.