[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the shit battery life of 90s non Game Boy handhelds solely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Was the shit battery life of 90s non Game Boy handhelds solely the fault of the backlit full color screens, or was it also in part due to batteries back then being worse than they are now? Like if I got some of these expensive ass duracells with "LONGER LASTING THAN EVER!" printed on the packaging, and put them in a Game Gear, would I still get the usual sub 2 hours of battery life? Or would it last significantly longer because of the allegedly better batteries?
>>
>>4094350
>"LONGER LASTING THAN EVER!" printed on the packaging, and put them in a Game Gear, would I still get the usual sub 2 hours of battery life?

Probably. Because those last the longest on devices with a low power draw that can milk every last bit of power. Part of the reason Game Gears and the like are so terrible on batteries is that they need so much energy that when it gets down to 50% there's not enough to draw on so it may as well be dead.
>>
>>4094350
The problem with the game gear is the way the screen is lit. If you replace it with an LED backlight kit then the batteries will be pretty comparable to a game boy.
>>
>>4094350
batteries are significantly better now and you can ues the li-on alkaline compatible batteries that hold much more charge than standard nickel batteries.
>>
It's backlit, and it's also heavier so the additional batteries power the added weight, then THE additional batteries power those batteries.
>>
Pretty much, yes. Color screen + Backlight is a combination for battery sucking.

I remember barely being able to get 2 hours out of my Game Gear, so I ended up just playing it at home, plugged into the wall.
>>
>>4094350
Better spend some buckaroos on some Batterisers (now known as Batteroo Boost).
>>
>>4094350
>40 hours off 1 AA
>shit battery life
All my wonderswans are laughing at you kiddo
>>
File: SAM_0011.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px)
SAM_0011.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
I made a lipo power supply out of a DC-DC stepdown regulator and a multirotor 3s battery. I should probably heat shrink the XT60 connector, but other than that it works well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.