[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is absolutely incredible and I'm incredibly disappointed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 177[1].jpg (250KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
177[1].jpg
250KB, 980x551px
This game is absolutely incredible and I'm incredibly disappointed in myself that I didn't really like it as much when I first played it.
Once I started my second playthrough and started getting good at finding structures and combos that would keep up my momentum, working out the best routes to take and which order to tag the spots in, chasing after those JET Ranks and trying to find the infinite grind spots in each section, I went from thinking it was a decent game but a bit clunky to realising it was a truly amazing game that rewarded those who would take the time to learn it with an incredible amount of freedom.
I don't think any video game will ever blow me away with such a simple thing as the moment I realised that the amount of grafffiti tags you can spray before the second wave of police turn up is the exact number of graffiti tags in the level that require you to stop and enter the inputs.
The game definitely had it's faults but the core design was absolutely impeccable.
This is truly an incredible game and I am miserable that in the unlikely event that Sega ever makes another Jet Set Radio game, it will most likely not be modelled after the first game and will probably be some empty open-world bullshit with nothing about the game that's worth playing more than once.
>>
File: sh-ggj.jpg (490KB, 1261x966px) Image search: [Google]
sh-ggj.jpg
490KB, 1261x966px
>I went from thinking it was a decent game but a bit clunky to realising it was a truly amazing game that rewarded those who would take the time to learn it
Sega games in a nutshell.
>>
>>4093938
>the amount of grafffiti tags you can spray before the second wave of police turn up is the exact number of graffiti tags in the level that require you to stop and enter the inputs.

For real? Damn, that sounds cool. Also, I always thought it was cool how all the sub areas in the map have secret paths to each other to cut down on time.
>>
I tried to like this game. I even played through it twice, once on DC and once on 360. It's just feels way too slow, and the graffiti mechanic is too stop-and-go for my liking. It's interesting, but I didn't find it all that fun.
>>
File: 1417586322734.png (205KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417586322734.png
205KB, 600x500px
>>
File: Jet Set Radio - guide (6).jpg (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Jet Set Radio - guide (6).jpg
2MB, 1280x1280px
>>4093938
I really love this game; I always thought the overall design looked a bit patched together though.

It feels as if they came up with these great game mechanics for a classic arcade-type experience (time attack, points-based gameplay and that kind of stuff) and then they struggled to package it as a more normal home console kind of game, with awkward objective-based levels, a silly "story mode" storyline, an an even more awkward final boss fight

>>4095021
The game is designed for the player to learn to take his time; you're supposed to take in the environments and find your favorite spots and routes little by little, as if you actually were some kid that lives around there. They didn't crank up the speed in the same way other parts of the game are stylized and exaggerated, to keep it more intimate and immersive than a simple racing game or moreTony Hawk-type stuff
>>
>>4095039
Future kind of spoiled the series for me; the core realism of the original setting was a big part of the appeal (granted, the realism stopped right there)
>>
>>4093938
Really great game -- haven't had a chance to play future
>>
>>4094982
>For real? Damn, that sounds cool.
Yeah, try it out. I think there's maybe one mission in Kogane-Cho where there's an extra tag but it's on the higher level where the cops can't get to you anyway.
If you go for all the larger tags first, you'll only have the small tags to worry about when reinforcements come so you can focus on speeding through the level.
Plus, the green tags don't contribute to this number so you've got even more options for your routes.

>>4095046
I actually really like the mission-based structure of the game. It does a great job of teaching the player the ins-and-outs of each section in isolation before letting them loose in the full version of each level (other than the Chapter 2 levels for obvious reasons).
>>
You are a liar and a crackhead, game looks and sounds amazing but is wonky as all fuck.
>>
File: 1420488154761.png (286KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1420488154761.png
286KB, 750x1000px
>>4095068
I agree.
>>
>>4095068

>jsr
>realism

excuse me
>>
>>4098231
I think he's talking about the world design.
>>
File: DOM.jpg (84KB, 750x811px) Image search: [Google]
DOM.jpg
84KB, 750x811px
>>4093946
That uh... Sure is a nice DOM you got there...
>>
>>4093938
I just burn JSRF on a DVD to play it on my modded Xbox hueg because I don't own a Dreamcast. Do I need play the original JSR first?
>>
>>4096672
Having full access to the levels is nice, and I finally got to that part of the game

nice to just trick around and occasionally do a tag -- haven't actually planned out how to beat the level within the time limit if that's even necessary
>>
>>4099646
They are both very, very different games and Future basically retells the same basic story as JSR. Kind of like Starfox 64 and Star Fox tell the same basic story.
However, it's definitely worth playing both.
Future is a easy-to-pick-up fast-paced "exploratory" 3D platformer with not much replay value whereas JSR is a much smaller, concise arcade style experience that has a relatively steep learning curve but is an absolute blast to replay thanks to it's great level design, mission structure and ranking system.
>>
I wish the characters had different stat spreads, though. Seems like there are a lot of characters with identical stats, which cheapens the value unlocking them. Of course, this could just be me being mad over how long it took for me to unlock Ryth, just for her to be a copy of another character.
>>
>>4093938
Love the game, actually all 3 of em. Though the gba is a bit off but not to bad. I actually feel like they should just release it on xbox one and be done with it. Its good as is. Would be cool to see a cartoon of it though.
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/205950/Jet_Set_Radio/
How is this version for someone who played JSR:F but the original?
>>
>>4101375
*but not the original
>>
>>4101375
Great game, just don't expect it to be like Future.
Take your time to get used to the physics and have fun!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.