[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do prebuilt arcade machines with these type of things in them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: PANDORA-BOX4.jpg (199KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PANDORA-BOX4.jpg
199KB, 1024x1024px
Do prebuilt arcade machines with these type of things in them just use emulators? This is a Pandora 645-in-1 JAMMA Game Board. Or is it just like a flashcart that runs on original hardware?

Don't really know much about arcade hardware and was thinking about getting a little arcade setup.
>>
Yeah they're emulators running on ARM Cortex CPUs
>>
>>4093498
But are they decent emulators and do they have an acceptable amount of input lag?
>>
>>4093517
"Decent" and "Acceptable" are pretty subjective. Lag is quite low since input is direct, there's little to no OS overhead and output is in native mode. On the other hand, the accuracy of the emulation itself is often not great.
>>
>>4093517
They're the easiest and cheapest way to get a lot of games in a working cabinet without dealing with all the hassle of putting a pc in there, but the emulation is only serviceable. Good to play with friends or just relax with a quick gaming session.
>>
>>4093496
They're emulators and like all things Chinese there are clones of clones of clones with varying levels of quality. They range from complete shit to high quality you can actually play fighting games on. Don't spend much (or anything) on one of these until you really understand what you're buying.
>>
>>4093517
I thought ARM/RISC-based systems usually have more input lag than x86 stuff, but I could be wrong. There's always some discussion of Raspberry Pi input lag every other day here.
>>
>>4093527
>accuracy
Not OP, but how many system bestsellers are unplayable?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.