[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone still have the willingness to die 50 times to a boss to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
anyone still have the willingness to die 50 times to a boss to figure out the pattern and actually win, even if it feels hopeless the first couple tries?

pic related, went through that bitch pocky and rocky

NOT EASY FOLKS
>>
>>4092443
Nice, contratulations bro.
>>
>>4092443
yeah, it's a lot of fun. i just played this game for this first time a few weeks ago. I'd play a game or two a night, hit a wall, and come back the next day and get a little farther. I still can't figure out how to get past of the first phase of the vampire; he wreaks me every time unless I bomb bomb him. The game has a really good learning curve.
>>
I have it for bosses that let me retry without replaying a bunch of stuff. It's much harder for me to beat games such as Castlevania that make me replay levels to fight bosses than games with a save right before the boss. For example I had no problem spending 2 straight hours learning how to beat Warmaster in Distorted Travesty 3, but even spending 30 minutes to beat a boss where I have to replay levels would kill my spirit. I'm glad lives are something that modern game designed has mostly phased out, but I accept it's just something to deal with un older games.
>>
>>4092543
>I have it for bosses that let me retry without replaying a bunch of stuff
Exactly. If I have to play the whole stage again and it's a particular annoying one, I'm done.

Adventure of Little Ralph got it right and so could others.
>>
>>4092443
Depends. If it's a game that's actually good and I enjoy sure. Sometimes I go in not searching any guides or how tos.
>>
>>4092443
Isn't that the whole concept of certain games, like Soulsborne and Megaman?
>>
Pocky and Rocky
>Co-op
>Super fun and challenging
>Alone
>What the fuck how is that even possible
>>
LITERALLY 2D DARK SOULS
>>
File: monh062bb2b7.gif (993KB, 240x144px) Image search: [Google]
monh062bb2b7.gif
993KB, 240x144px
>>4092443
That's the fundamentals of Monster Hunter and it's probably my favorite game/series of all time. Big boss fights are awesome.

Pocky and Rocky was a great game.
>>
File: alien-soldier-europe.png (317KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
alien-soldier-europe.png
317KB, 348x500px
I really wish more games were like this
>>
>>4092443
I've been getting this with the Ys games. Jesus christ.
>>
File: pkrk03.jpg (352KB, 1127x961px) Image search: [Google]
pkrk03.jpg
352KB, 1127x961px
>>4092443
>>
That's how I play, Anon. Save states are for shit like password-only (or no) saves. Any other time you shouldn't be using them in normal play.

If you can't handle the challenge, play a different game. What the fuck are you trying to prove, and to whom?
>>
>>4092931
People hype those series' difficulty up, but they're not really that bad. Usually they'll only have one or two bosses that can actually fuck you up. I think that people just aren't used to strategizing very much in action games.
That being said, fuck Sigma in X1.
>>
>>4092443
He was a massive jump in difficulty. The cloud level is pretty hard too, mainly because you don't have much room to move.
>>
>>4092443
That fucking ball-and-chain boss in Zelda 2. The strategy seemed like very simple (hit and run) but I failed so many times for whatever reason. I didn't use save states at all, I walked from Zelda's palace to the dungeon like twenty thousand times. It was a wonderful feeling when I finally smashed that son of a bitch.
>>
>>4094109
I could say exactly the same thing in your situation you elitist faggot.

Some of us have careers and can't play games until 5am.
>>
>>4094164
>Some of us have careers and can't play games until 5am.
Then learn to stop for the day after getting a game over. You know, moderation and patience.
>>
>>4094164

How the fuck are you this triggered over a comment made on a Russian matryoshka doll newsgroup?
>>
>>4094240
We don't really need advice on how to properly play with our toys, thanks
>>
>>4094313
clearly you do because you are claiming it has the ability to interfere with function as a normie
>>
>>4094323
That wasn't me. Just responding to that post
>>
>>4093428
Only for Ys I though. Vagullion, Yogleks & Omulgun, and Dark Fact alone accounted for 99% of my game over screens. The other bosses were a joke, and in Ys II you can just use fire magic during boss battles.

The series is still fun beyond that for sure, but the bosses are piss easy until well into non-retro territory... Bosses don't become a challenge again until very late into both Oath in Felghana and also Origins.
>>
>>4092443
good job beating with continues, now you can start trying to beat it for real.
>>
how the hell did you beat this with continues, the only way I can beat this is by not continuing once. Becaue when you continue your health goes back down to eight hits
>>
>>4094717
Do you even gain anything by beating it without continues? I don't think you do.
>>
>>4094719
rocky brings anal beads and nightvision goggles, unless you get those anyway
>>
>>4094717
it's easier to get lucky when you grind from checkpoints.
>>
>>4094753
there is not a single thing in this game that requires luck
>>
>>4094451
It's called Origin, you illiterate.
>>
>>4094831
i never said it requires it, but you can still get a lucky dodge.
>>
>>4094843
It's... been a while, anon.
>>
>>4094903
Relying on luck is weak.
>>
>>4095186
i'm not op, just explaining. but in case of this game 1cc might be easier becouse you get more resources, actually lots of console games shower you with lifes and shit, which is why you should play them on hardest or even no-miss.
>>
>>4095264
That's the case for a lot of games like shmups as well. If you fuck something up along the way it's usually better just to reset.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>4092443
Fuck dark fag
>>
>>4092894
The answer to that is not to give up and allow the player free continues at the boss, but instead to not create annoying levels. In games like Castlevania, the bosses are balanced as not entire challenges, but as the culmination of an entire stage. They're easy if all you have to do is defeat the boss. What makes them hard is having to clear the areas preceding them, and clear them well (with losing as little resources as possible). Take for example CV stage 5. It has Death, likely the most infamous boss in the series. Half the complaints you hear about him is the equally infamous hallway with medusa heads and knights. Together, they form one good challenge, but each part taken separately is not hard at all.
>>
>>4092443
obligatory git gud
>>
I play this game with my 3yo daughter, she loves Rocky!
>>
>>4098861
Aw, cute.
>>
I'm fine with failing a boss fight but the thing that makes me the most frustrated is if you die to a boss and have to run through the whole level all over again. That just gets tedious and annoying.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.