[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you store your carts, /vr/? I have a couple of these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: n64_12_game_drawer.jpg (20KB, 640x507px) Image search: [Google]
n64_12_game_drawer.jpg
20KB, 640x507px
How do you store your carts, /vr/?

I have a couple of these for Supers and 64s carts, and for when I start collecting NES, I have been eyeballing the ALS ES-2800s
>>
>>4092402
Reference picture of what I want to get in the future
>>
>>4092402
Nearly all my carts are in boxes in storage. I have a few flash carts and similar things that I play on. Wouldn't be caught dead with storage like that. Actually if I had shit like that I'd probably be found dead, alone, virginity intact,my flesh eaten by my 27 cats.
>>
I just have my most important / played carts in a shoe box, the rest are in boxes in the garage
>>
>>4092402
In an old ramen box next to my tv
>>
>>4092402
I have them in a drawer
>>
In an old septic tank. The ziplok freezer bags protect them well enough.
>>
File: 20170620_200835.jpg (181KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_200835.jpg
181KB, 640x480px
>>4092402
I store my Famicom and Megadrive carts in a Music Cassettes tape box.
I got it many box from Second hand shop. one box can store 45 carts,But it can't store Atari N64 and SNES carts.
>>
File: IMG_1720.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
>>4092402
Bro, do you even K'nex?
>>
>>4092434
>Nearly all my carts are in boxes in storage.
Why even collect if you're not going to display at least some of it?
>>
>>4093087
Probably the same reason other people collect and don't turn their house into a toys r us.
>>
>>4093087

If they are like me, they don't want their house to look like a Funco Land threw up in it.
>>
>>4093236
Maybe don't live in a cardboard box. It's ok to have a game room/man cave when you're successful and your house is 3000+ square feet.
>>
>>4092402
As ROM images on my hard drives.
>>
>>4093287
Maybe they're waiting for that point in their lives and collecting now before reseller scum ruins the market entirely?
>>
>>4093236
>>4093262
If you're not going to enjoy displaying your games then why not just emulate or use flashcarts? Why bother buying physical copies?
If you keep all of your collection in plastic bins inside a basement I wonder if you even play your games at all.
>>
I think showcase is only for display untouch old paper box or limited box and figure.
I collect retro games because I love to play real hardware on small CRT like my childhood memory. Who care about emulator on phone or big LED screen.
I choose to use boxcase because it very easy to find cart game to play.(I put HUcard in name card book too)

I want pocket size retro zone because I not want them annoying me. It very shame when you away use free time play retro game but have many of unfinished new game.
>>
>>4092414
I have that and it sucks if you don't have the plastic sleeves for all your NES games. The bottom drawer has no bottom, just like a row of notches to hold the plastic cases. If you put bare carts in it they fall through the bottom and get scraped up when you open the drawer.
The controller storage area is neat though because the zapper gun fits perfectly. Keeping the cables organized is a pain though, I suggest modding in some clips or ties, or pegs to wrap the cables around.

In mine I just use half of a small cardboard box to line the bottom drawer and keep other stuff in there unrelated to cartridges.
>>
>>4093058
I'm not 13 so no
>>
>>4093087
Many reasons. Primarily because I'm not a manchild.

>>4093287
Maybe some people prefer a man cave to a manchild cave?

>>4093547
>mantra of the poor bandwagon collector
Why would I emulate when I have all these consoles? Of course I have flash carts. An I have their predecessors because I'm not underage.
I have many games I don't play. In fact I have boxes full of multiple copies of meme games I never play because I bought them for $1 each at the start of the retro craze simply to keep them out of the hands unworthy faggots like you.
>>
File: 20170701_221826.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_221826.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
How I store my Geny carts
>>
i dont got that many so i keep them in shoeboxes in the closet :D
>>
>>4093003
>>4094327

Came here to post this; cassette tape boxes were the perfect size for standard Genesis carts.
>>
>>4094284
>Primarily because I'm not a manchild.
>I have boxes full of multiple copies of meme games I never play
So you're a hoarder then? Much better.

>mantra of the poor bandwagon collector
So much projecting here.

>simply to keep them out of the hands unworthy faggots like you.
>Implying

I was just asking what's the meaning of piling up thousand of games in boxes and keep them hidden but since I was assaulted by mr. insecurity here, I guess the answer is simple. You're either a hoarder, a reseller or a manchild in denial.
Yes, I'm calling you a manchild as well. The term doesn't really make much sense to me, but I guess it applies to you, too.
Just because you keep your hobby a secret from your friends and family doesn't make you less of a nerd.
Or maybe you can't keep your toys inside the house because your wife/mom won't let you?
>>
those ups flat rate boxes you get at the post office
>>
>>4095143
Are you so poor that you need to steal cardboard boxes?
>>
>>4094775
I'm a hoarder and a reseller. It gives me pleasure to know that this triggers poor underage bandwagoners like you. Neither my hobby or my business if a secret from my friends and family. Many of them enjoy playing games with me. Games that were paid for with hipster tears.
>>
>>4094425
Ya they work perfect, picked mine up at Salvation Army, i see them there all the time
>>
>>4096184
what's your average monthly profit margin?
>>
>>4095371

are you so poor of character that you attack people who give you an honest answer?
>>
>>4094327
what did you do with all the cases and manuals?
>>
>>4092402
I think nes, snes, genesis box, cd box, dvd box are beautiful when stored in a bookshelf, but famicom, super famicom, genesis and n64 cartridges are not beautiful and look difficult to find on bookshelf.
>>
I put them in the same plastic container as the console unless they're too numerous, in which case they get another plastic container all to themselves.

Anymore though I'm more privy to getting flash carts. SNES is one of the only ones where I still have a lot of original carts.
>>
>>4096394
Over what time period? Since I started? No idea. This year? Just over 800%.
>>
I keep all my game boxes in plastic container in my closet and never think about them. Flashcarts are the way of life and anything disc based I have in a disc wallet.

Man caves are the gayest thing ever conceived but they became more successful after they were fucked into your brain by the media.
>>
>>4097457
>Man caves are the gayest thing ever conceived but they became more successful after they were fucked into your brain by the media
kissless virgin detected. beggin ya ta have sex.
>>
>>4097457
It's not a man cave, it's an office.
>>
On a bookshelf, contacts facing the wall. For games without endlabels, I take some painter's tape and a sharpie and make a quick one. Some day I'll probably mass buy some VHS-style cases for them all.
>>
File: FlashAnnotate.jpg (459KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FlashAnnotate.jpg
459KB, 1280x720px
I just watch this video and away think bookshelf is not looking good place to put cartridges.
>>
They stay in the console because the entire library fits on one emulation cart
>>
>>4098623
Even though it's not a great idea to store genesis games, CGR is fucking awesome. It's too bad he's had to downgrade massively.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.