[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What site do you like to buy your retro consoles and games at?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

What site do you like to buy your retro consoles and games at? Is it eBay or some other site?
>>
Goodwill once in a great while. Maybe a lucky yard sale. The time to buy retro games has passed.
>>
>>4092070
What do you mean?
>>
>>4092210
He read somewhere that Retro is not worth buying or the time has passed. He doesn't know.
>>
>>4092063
Chicagofag here, my two places I go to are People Play Games and the two Exchanges. People Play Games has a phenomenal selection but your typical prices on retro stuff is a bit higher. The two Exchanges I find have better prices typically but a much worse selection. I normally emulate but when I am looking for something these are my preferences when I want a physical copy. Sadly both are in popular, trendy parts of the city, really sucks.

Any other Chicago folks here, you have any places other then those that you use.
>>
>>4092063
People really need to stop using ebay. Ebay jews buyers as well as sellers.
>>
>>4092210
I mean that there are ways to play retro games without buying them and there are better investments to make than in retro games. It's still probably worth picking up whatever consoles interest you if you're a real stickler for authenticity but the games themselves are generally better simulated with flash carts, ODEs etc. You could spend your game money on other consoles if you want to keep it in the hobby.
>>
>>4092063
Pawn shops, thrift stores and yard sales.
If it is something I really want, the local retro game shop.
>>
>>4092063
I only buy games I really like, I don't collect. Everything else, I play on modded original hardware.
>>
My national "craiglist" and ebay jap games with SAL shipping, very cheap
>>
>>4092274
>My national "craiglist"
Which is?
>>
>>4092063
The sites the flea markets are located . lol

>>4092268
No one's talking about them as investments faggot
>>
>Buying retro consoles
>Not acquiring each one you currently own from childhood.
>>
>>4094617
So if you're not buying them for investments and you're not buying them to play then the only remaining reasons are sentimental/superficial which are subjective. Only you can decide how much the satisfaction/recognition you get from buying a particular game is worth. There are definitely cheaper ways to scratch those itches but if you insist on lusting after actual retro games I'm not going to stop you since people like that are the ones who continue to inflate the value of my collection. Just trying to offer you options and perspective.
>>
>>4095010
oh shut the fuck up
>>
Fresno fag here. Theres 2 shops worth looking at. Blues shell gaming and jays games shack. The only down side to either is that jays game shack is ran out of the guys house and is apointment only but his snes selection beats any shop in the valley.
>>
>>4095059
>you're not buying them to play
No one's talking about that either faggot
>>
>>4096160
So what ARE you talking about, Anon?
>>
>>4096190
How much sega sucks
>>
>>4096190
>I DIDNT read the OP
Cool story summer
>>
>>4095059
This. Just download roms and emulate.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.