[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your personal favorite retro console /vr/? (pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: retrogaming-consoles-360x360.jpg (72KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
retrogaming-consoles-360x360.jpg
72KB, 360x360px
What is your personal favorite retro console /vr/?

(pic somewhat related)
>>
Tie between SNES and MD.
4th gen was the golden era.
>>
Yeah, it's a toss-up between NES, SNES and Genesis. Each one has way too many amazing games to just pick one.
>>
>>4091928
It's a three way tie between the Famicom, Super Famicom and PSOne.
But my favorite retro game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, was for the Nintendo 64.
>>
>>4091928
SNES, PSX as runnerup
>>
Dreamcast
Genesis
Super Nintendo
Playstation

in that order but genesis and snes are very close.
>>
>>4091928
The one I grew up with.
Which was the Genesis :^)
>>
>>4091928
NES, SNES, PC-E.
If I had to choose only one for rest of my life, SNES.
>>
The snes was my favorite as a kid. PSX was my favorite in my 20's. 30's now and I'm starting to really fall in love with the genesis.
>>
>>4091928
I really like the Sega Genesis, mainly because all the attachments.
I remember really like the Super Nintendo as a kid too, at one time I had a huge stack of games.

Growing up I was never able to afford to buy a Sega CD or 32x, I just remember renting the Sega CD and Eternal Champions CD and some other games. My cousin and I really liked fighting games.
>>
>>4091928
Wii. Seriously the only reason I love that console was because it was my first exposure to a ton of retro that I missed out on as a kid thanks to the advent of Virtual Console. And then it became even sweeter when it was modded.

If I have to give a real answer, the SNES I guess.
>>
Easily the NES. So many great games. Many of which most people don't know about.
>>
>>4091928
#5: PC Engine
#4: Famicom
#3: Dreamcast
#2: Mega Drive
#1: Saturn
>>
File: atari2600.jpg (903KB, 1880x920px) Image search: [Google]
atari2600.jpg
903KB, 1880x920px
>>4091928
Respect your elders, and get off my lawn.
>>
1) SNES
2) PS1
3) Neo Geo
4) PC Engine
5) Sega Genesis
6) Dreamcast
7) NES
8) Nintendo 64
>>
File: silpheed.png (719KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
silpheed.png
719KB, 564x800px
Tempted to say NES since that was when I first became truly cognisant of loving video games. I was a Nintendo Power kid all the way but growing up in the US surrounded by tons of other kids who also had NESs, there wasn't really much competition. We had a VIC=20 but...eh...

I'll say Genesis. it came along at the right time and its life cycle took me from aged 7 all the way up to 16.
My neighbor had a SNES (and a TurboGrafx 16 for some reason) so I never missed out on any games but I have to confess that I was a major Sonic autist at that time, fandom such as it was during the AOL days.

I loved Star Fox and DK Country but I was like a proud papa when I looked at my Genesis/CD/32X in all its glory. I legit loved INXS Make My Video...
I felt I had the most high-tech chunk of plastic in the world for a while and most of my fond teenage gaming memories involve Shing Force CD and Sonic CD.

The only thing I loved more was LucasFilm Games on the PC.
>>
Haven't tried them all out. Probably NES.
>>
>1. Super Famicom
>2. PSOne
>3. Famicom
>4. Nintendo 64
>5. Sega Genesis
>>
>>4092560
>N64 above Genesis
Your a nigger.
>>
megadrive = spicy food
super famicom = mellow food
I love both of them.
>>
>>4091928
NES
>>
SNES
>>
>>4091928
Windows 98
>>
>>4091928 atari turbo graphix 16
>>
Either the Saturn or the 3DO... I'm into shitty FMV games. I wish sega ported Night Trap to the Saturn that would make it my favorite console of all time.
>>
My best memories are of the SMS and PC Engine. We were spoiled as fuck and had pretty much everything between my brother and me. NES, SMS, Genesis, SNES...everything but a Neo Geo.
>>
>>4092618
Meh DOS was better (glide/voodoo)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.