[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get this fucker working with Windows 7? I've had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2465.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2465.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
How do I get this fucker working with Windows 7? I've had this flash cart (It's 256MB, the label fell off overtime) for a while and I rediscovered it again while doing some cleaning. I have a printer port to USB cable, but that's not working. Help a bro out before I spend $60 on an EZFlash?
>>
Check your PC's mobo to see if it has a LPT header.
It should be on the very bottom edge.
>>
>>4088861
lmao just pull out an old desktop running XP or 2000
>>
>>4088897

Not all of us have one of those. If you do, can I have it?
>>
Windows 7 is not retro.
>>
Often the issue with these things is that the OS needs to be 32 bit rather than 64 bit
>>
>>4088932
This plus a BUNCH of other shit >>4088897 has the right idea although I'd recommend 98se. OP should go spend his $60 on a thrift store PC + eBay video card and get a retro gaming PC out of the deal.
>>
>>4088959
Or a virtual machine with USB pass-through and a usb to parallel adapter.
>>
>>4088861
http://krikzz.com/store/home/42-everdrive-gba-x5.html
>>
>>4088861
Those usb adapters are kinda iffy OP, they work fine for printers but a lot of more complex devices won't get along with them. You're better off just getting a cheap XP laptop or desktop that has the port on the board.

If you can't get one of those just get an EZ Flash IV, if you don't mind the slow shipping, several China sellers have it for $40 on eBay
>>
>>4089343
I can confirm the Belkin parallel adapter works with non-printer devices. I use it with an EasyFlash linker and a Zip drive.
>>
>>4089384

Belkin is a good brand in general.
>>
>>4088861
>$60
really? I saw some at ebay for €20 - 30
>>
>>4088861
old computer really comes handy for shit like this and dreamcast gameshark
>>
>>4088861
A standard USB adapter won't work. They only handle the USB printing service not LPT. You can get a real USB<->LPT adapter but there's a much simpler solution. Nintendo used to make a really cool F2A programming device. It had a GBA cart slot on the front and a slot on the back where you could put in a card with an SD slot. You put some software on the an SD card and use it to transfer ROMs and saves back and forth between the SD and the F2A. The device even has a touch screen interface to be baby friendly. But only on the lower screen.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.