[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite having a massive hard on for anything feudal Japan related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1137723i.jpg (124KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1137723i.jpg
124KB, 620x465px
Despite having a massive hard on for anything feudal Japan related, I've never played this series beyond a couple of minutes or so. Where should I start? Which games have been translated? It's unfortunate a series so beloved in Japan went completely under the radar in other regions.

Also, if you know any other games in the same vein as pic related (light hearted, full of Japanese mythology and youkai) feel free to post it because I'd love to try it out.
>>
File: goeyaec.png (862KB, 796x547px) Image search: [Google]
goeyaec.png
862KB, 796x547px
You don't really have to play the games in any order, but I'd recommend starting with what's available in english first, I have played and liked the SNES Mystical Ninja (which I think is a good starting point), and both N64 games. I haven't tried the Game Boy games, I hear one of them isn't that good, but the others are, I think the GBC game was only released in english in Europe.
>>
I've beaten Mr. Goemon, SNES GG, NES GG2, Mystical Ninja 64, and Goemon Dynamite, and of those, the N64 game is the best. I heard the SNES sequels and GGA are even better though. There's also one on PSX I'd like to try, but it has adventure elements and it's only in Japanese.
>>
>>4088832
The Goemon games on N64 and the main reason I kept the console.
>>
>>4088832
everyone I knew had legend of the mystical ninja and that's as good a game to start as any, from what I have played of the other games very few of them are similar to each other beyond side scrolling platforming sections however.
>>
GG1 on SNES, and two games on N64. GG2 and GG4 (SNES, no English version) are pretty cool. GG1 imo is just ok. GG3 is an adventure-type game so unlike 2/4 on SNES it isn't really playable without knowing Japanese. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for N64 is a 3D platformer adventureish kinda game. It's funny and has good music, but it's not as tightly designed as the platformer games. Goemon's Great Adventure for N64 however is really good. It's a platformer like most of the SNES games but everything about it is just awesome. Definitely play this one at least.

Also, GG2 for NES is fan translated and it's fine. It's less of a platformer though.
>>
Dynamite, Great Adventure, and Dochu Dancer are the holy trinity of Goemon.
>>
File: flyer007.jpg (1MB, 1200x1557px) Image search: [Google]
flyer007.jpg
1MB, 1200x1557px
>>4088832
Pocky and Rocky and Far East of Eden might be right up your alley.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.