[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded this on PSX emulator. I was under the impression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (212KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
212KB, 1920x1080px
Just downloaded this on PSX emulator.
I was under the impression that Metal Slug was supposed to be hard but everytime I run out of lives I can just press start to continue.
Is it possible to get a game over?
I've even changed the difficulty to hard
>>
File: 1242556801134.jpg (52KB, 795x480px) Image search: [Google]
1242556801134.jpg
52KB, 795x480px
You can play a game when everytime you continue you have to take a shot... like a shot in the head. Videogames!!
>>
>>4087852
>he emulated the PS1 version
yikes, it's quite possible that you may have given yourself a bad impression of Metal Slug. is this your first time playing?

I'm certain you can just emulate the NeoGeo version and switch over to the AES home mode, which limits you to 4 credits if you want to challenge yourself.
>>
>>4088124
Kind of unrelated and im not op, but is the wii virtual console version any good? As i understand those are straight neogeo ports
>>
>>4088129
virtual console neogeo ports are good, but honestly just save your money

please don't spend any money
>>
Man, games sure are easy when you have infinite lives. Metal Slug is the easiest game I've ever played, actually. Why should I even try to do good when I can just hit continue? They even give you a free heavy machine gun, so sometimes I even die on purpose. People who think this is hard don't make any sense.
>>
>>4088135
Dying replenishes your grenades too.
>>
>>4088132
Nah im talking about downloading wads of virtual console games. I already have a wii softmodded so i might as well.
>>
You literally can't lose in this, could it even be considered a game?
>>
>Just downloaded this on PSX emulator.

why the hell are playing the possible worst version of Metal Slug games? All the NeoGeo games on the PS1 are chopped as fuck.
>>
>>4087852
PSP metal slug collection gives 9 credits.
>>
abusing continues in metal slug is like abusing save states

for each wasted continue you need to donate 1$ to orphange to understand the Metal Slug
>>
>>4087852
Imagine if every time you died you lost a quarter.
>>
What are you? A Brazilian? Cause Brazilians are obsessed with emulating bad Playstation ports.
>>
OP is baiting, and you're all taking it like retards. Good job.
>>
>>4087852
IIRC, both the Metal Slug X port and the (bad) Metal Slug 1 port feature infinite continues on the PS1.

Protip: download Kawaks or something and play the original versions instead.
>>
OP back
>>4088124
I played MS3 on arcade at my old cinema from time to time
>>4088237
I'm really not trolling, I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong.
I guess I'll download a neogeo emulator then, pretty simple solution
>>
Might I suggest the PSP collection? you can even emulate it flawlessly with PPSSPP
>>
>not dropping a quarter in a jar for each live you use
>>
>>4088302
there's an emulator called fightcade if you want to play online with others
>>
>wanted to make a metal slug thread earlier today
>already tried twice before that didn't last long at all
>maybe I should just lay off. I love /vr/ and don't wanna force a thread about my favorite series of games ever
>come back and see this thread
>>
>>4087852
>everytime I run out of lives I can just press start to continue.
>Is it possible to get a game over?
That's called a game over, son. Except you can't insert another coin into a console and you essentially pay for all of those continues with the price of the console game
>>
if you want added difficulty then whenever you die just lower your resolution
>>
Its an arcade game port. Youre supposed to complete the game on one continue for challenge.
>>
>>4087852
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
File: msx-combatschool.png (37KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
msx-combatschool.png
37KB, 320x240px
>>4087852
there is a challenge mode you can play in that port that makes up for the difficulty. the fun part is the more you do good the warmer the instructor becomes towards you. Combat school i believed it was called. granted the port kind of sucks because of the limitations but combat school was a good challenge.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.