[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Sega want to sell us Sonic 3? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Sonic3_title.png (9KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3_title.png
9KB, 320x224px
Why doesn't Sega want to sell us Sonic 3?

There's no Taxman + Stealth Sonic 3 port for Android, and the recent Genesis Flashback has every mainline Sonic game except for Sonic 3. I seem to remember there was also another recent Sega compilation that had every Sonic game except 3.

What's going on here?
>>
The Taxman port is coming.
>>
Music rights I think

>>4087561
source?
>>
>>4087567
I don't have the image on hand, but there was a dev picture for sonic mania. One computer screen had mania's title screen on it, the other had a blue sphere stage in widescreen.
>>
>>4087559
there's a rumor going around that there's going to be a S3&K remake released alongside Sonic Mania
but it's only a rumor (based on that screenshot of the widescreen S3 special stage)
>>
>>4087559
I like to think its because they moved their focus to working on Mania.

>>4087567
>Music rights I think
Also a possibility. Though they could easily just do a S&K Collection, and replace the relevant songs.
>>
Didn't write michael jackson the music for it? I think there is some copyright issue with michael jacksons music. Just my assumption
>>
>port
They're remakes, you retards. Taxman was remaking the games, not porting them.
>>
>>4088325
I'd more call them Remasters. Remake implies an entirely new game that is based on the old one.
>>
Theoretically speaking, would you guys be interested in a remaster of Saturn 3D Blast or another game like that? I'd consider it if they added some new extras or two.
>>
>>4088316
It was discovered the Ice Cap music was not made by Jackson after all. Brad Buxer reused an unreleased song from his own band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OWC5Hosv8
>>
>>4088349
Brad Buxer also co-composed Strangers in Moscow with MJ and used their music in the Sonic 3 credits. They also did Carnival Night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxtFoe-at0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwA9E-OTkbk
>>
>>4087559
sonic 3 has a lot more gimmicks that would make it harder to recreate than sonic 1 and 2.
personally i wouldn't be too fond of a sonic 3 hd because it still wouldn't have the all the "sonic 3 complete" romhack changes
>>
File: Sonic_X-treme_Coverart.png (222KB, 256x431px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_X-treme_Coverart.png
222KB, 256x431px
>>4088337
how about completing sonic xtreme?or at least releasing a playable build
Sega saturn needs some attention ,its like the console doesnt fucking exist tot hem
>>
>>4088376
How close to complete did any build of Xtreme ever get again? I'm not sure we're sitting on something like Star Fox 2 here.
>>
>>4088381

Barely past the tech demo stage honestly, most of its development time was spent trying to build something that could run decently on the Saturn. The Point-of-View engine eventually got there but by that point they were way behind schedule. If you have a Saturn you can find the POV beta online and run it yourself, it's barely anything but it's all we'll get.

Supposedly a more complete version ran on the NiGHTS engine before that was shitcanned, that would be interesting to play.
>>
>>4088381
>>4088419
Word on the street is that there's a build that was near complete.

The people who know don't want to talk (mainly Sega) and Chris is still quiet
>>
File: kikurui.png (55KB, 183x161px) Image search: [Google]
kikurui.png
55KB, 183x161px
>you will never go back to 1994 and listen to this for the first time again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-d-AM0gCM
>>
>>4087559
I think it's a save issue.
>>
>>4088720
Why would that be an issue?
>>
>>4088337
Nah. That game just went to prove that Isometic games just don't work as platformers.
>>
I'm happy with S3&K just the way it is. Sonic 3C filled any requirements I might have had for (sane) alterations to this masterpiece.
>>
>>4088337
I'd like a complete genre-shifted remake of 3D Blast, by making it a 2D platformer like 1-3k, but keep the great music.
>>
>>4088376

This is what I'd be interested in seeing completed. Hell, the Saturn in general needs homebrew love, to make up for what Sega never gave it.
>>
>>4087567
I really hope not. The Jackson estate is notoriously stingy.

And the PC replacement soundtrack is pretty garbage by comparison.
>>
>>4088376
Why is anyone interested in Xtreme? The early footage did not look very fun.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.