[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the Crash remake is out, when can we expect the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: Spyro HD Remake.jpg (258KB, 1600x780px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro HD Remake.jpg
258KB, 1600x780px
So now that the Crash remake is out, when can we expect the same treatment for Spyro?
>>
Hopefully never.
>>
>>4086761
This. We don't need another rape and murder.
>>
>>4086756
I could see that happening, especially if the Crash remake sells well. Spyro is the kind of game that could benefit from having an alternative, more modern control scheme too, unlike Crash. I think it'd be a good idea as long as they don't fuck up the art style and try to import the shitty Skylander's Spyro character design into the game.

>>4086761
Do you ever get tired of being a bitter old cunt?
>>
>>4086764
You sound bitter there and not him ironically.
>>
>>4086764
>I think it'd be a good idea as long as they don't fuck up the art style and try to import the shitty Skylander's Spyro character design into the game.

I don't think even Activision would sink that low.
>>
No.
It was unnecessary even for Crash. The original games weren't anything special, but they weren't bad and there's nothing to improve on them.
>>
>>4087952
>help pioneered a genre
>nothing special

OK underage
>>
>>4086756
I sincerely hope the same animators don' work on the remake. I do not like what they did with Crash's animations and really wish they got some actual professionals in. The Ratchet and Clank remake looks so much better than that crap.
>>
>>4088391
What genre Crash pioneered?
>>
File: tmp_27599-comp01r-717473694.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27599-comp01r-717473694.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
Does anybody else think these PS1 remakes tend to have uglier, more sterile-looking graphics? The lighting, especially. I've felt this for both the crash remakes and Oddworld New n Tasty, both were games that didn't really need remakes and all the remakes have really accomplished is to make the visuals look more bland. Pic related, rupture farms is lit up like a doctor's office in the remake and doesn't have the same dirty, grotty atmosphere as the original.
>>
>>4088685
>Does anybody else think these PS1 remakes tend to have uglier, more sterile-looking graphics? The lighting, especially.
That's called modern games.
>>
>>4088685
Another pic related. The sewer in the remake looks like it was built last week. Everything looks really clean and it's missing the details, like the pipes leaking.
>>
File: Spyro Worlds (3200 x 2400).png (4MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Spyro Worlds (3200 x 2400).png
4MB, 2400x3200px
I'll say the same thing I said in an old Spyro general. Spyro is the type of game that would benefit from something a bit more ambitious than a remaster like N Sane Trilogy is.
It's not that Spyro games are worse than Crash games (quite the contrary), rather their formula is a bit more complex than Crash's classical platforming. Spyro games are more about exploring and finding things than pure skill like Crash, so a 1:1 remaster wouldn't have much of a point for those who already played the games since they already know the level maps.
Adding to that, Spyro games suffered technology limits more than Crash games because of their vast open levels.

So I think a Spyro remake should shuffle things, a bit more so than what N Sane Trilogy did (example: improving Spyro 1 bosses and adding scrapped content), while staying true to the original games. At least for Spyro 1-3: they might as well de-canonize Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail since those slandered the characters, and start with new games. They could mix Insomniac influences with ETD/AHT and maybe stuff from The Legend of Spyro.

>>4088691
See this what I don't want to see happen. I hope for a slightly better art direction, and especially better music. Ruining Copeland's music would warrant death penalty.
>>
>>4086764
>Spyro is the kind of game that could benefit from having an alternative, more modern control scheme too
Except there's literally nothing wrong with the controls in Spyro.
>>
>>4088429
>What genre Crash pioneered?
Look up Temple Run for Android. That genre.
>>
File: if_you_should.jpg (396KB, 1423x766px) Image search: [Google]
if_you_should.jpg
396KB, 1423x766px
>>4088691
>>4088685
>>
>>4088792
Donkey Kong Country with a z axis is not a genre. Furthermore, There's no "endless running" in Crash.
>>
File: xxmgscompare10 (1).jpg (438KB, 1273x443px) Image search: [Google]
xxmgscompare10 (1).jpg
438KB, 1273x443px
>>4088685
I honestly can't think of a single time it's been done well.
>>
>>4088759
Where's the Beast Maker's world in that pic?
>>
>>4088801
Klonoa is nice.
>>
>>4088793

I have actually had this reaction to shit more times than I would have ever thought possible when I was younger.
>>
>>4088794
You're right.

I guess Crash didn't help pioneer any genre, in that case.
>>
>>4086756
Spyro looks pretty good though with hefty patches and maxed out graphics on the PSX emulator though.
>>
Hopefully soon. The original Spyro trilogy is ripe for remaster-plussing.
>>
>>4088801

Resident. Fucking. Evil.

No one would say that the Gamecube version doesn't live up to the PS1/Saturn version.
>>
>>4086756
who?
>>
>>4088837
>modern camera controls
>no LOD
>glitch-free widescreen
>60fps
>at least 6th gen graphics
I might explode if it happens.
>>
given it's random nature, music would be a bitch to remaster, though.
>>
>>4088957
>it's random nature
?????
>>
File: Beastmakers.png (262KB, 365x632px) Image search: [Google]
Beastmakers.png
262KB, 365x632px
>>4088803
This should be it.
>>
File: 1407085176346.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1407085176346.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>4088759
For sure. Too often jerks these days think all they have to do is model a thing, texture it lightly, and have the shaders do the rest of the work. It's fucking stupid.
>>
File: Alpine_Ridge_4.png (194KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alpine_Ridge_4.png
194KB, 640x480px
>>4089760
I mean, I'm no expert in graphics, the best I can do is open Photoshop and give someone funny coloured hair. And some levels in N Sane Trilogy are pretty good, like the Future levels in Warped. But Crash could work because it leans on real life (woods, temples, castles, space stations, etc). But so much stuff in Spyro is so fucking abstract, because Spyro is meant to be dream-like, especially Spyro 1. You need someone seriously skilled with that type of art for it to be translated well in HD. I've seen some Spyro remake projects, they're very well made, but they look a bit too realistic for my tastes. Spyro should be weird and abstract, the world is literally a different dimension from ours. You can't take pic related, make realisitc mountains and except it to work like the original game did.
>>
>>4090289
>textures fading at a distance
>skybox is colored polys rather than a texture

You're right, lots of cool techniques, difficult to translate into modern graphics.
>>
>>4090569
You can say things turned out that way because of limited technology, but those somewhat unorthodox solutions gave (perhaps unintentionally) the games their unique visual style.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.