[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever gotten one legitimately? How long did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: FFIV.png (31KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
FFIV.png
31KB, 512x448px
Has anyone here ever gotten one legitimately? How long did it take you?
>>
Sir Ron Lionheart got 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNVKKobWhKU
>>
>>4084404
really wish sirron would come back
>>
Imagine if every quest, every item, every boss fight in a game required an item with a drop rate like this from enemies with spawn rates as low as this. That was basically FFXI. Endgame fights required handfuls of rare items which usually meant you had to share items with other players and only one person got the (rare) drop from the quest/boss.

Yeah, I got 4 of these. It took a few days of doing nothing but farming. It's not even that hard, it's just time consuming. Use siren bells to call the fight, steal siren bells to amass a good number of them.
>>
>>4084721
I did it on the GBA version one winter we were snowed in in a cabin.

I hated every second of it.
>>
What's even the point? It's not necessary to beat the game, nobody cares if you 100% a JRPG, there's not even any personal feeling of accomplishment because it's all just a slot machine in the end...
>>
>>4084771
maybe not here but sometimes sidequests are fun. Whenever I play chrono trigger I always do all the endgame sidequests since I genuinely enjoy doing them. In this case I get you though, the pink tail is complete bullshit.
>>
>>4084771
>nobody cares if you 100% a JRPG
I care. To every anon who grinded out that rat tail, I personally applaud your dedication.
>>
>>4085041
Yay you receive a feeble congratulations from an anonymous guy on the internet, all those hours grinding have definitely paid off.
>>
>>4085041
Thanks anon, that means a lot.
>>
>1/64th chance of spawning in just one room in the game
>1/64th chance of dropping tail
>stops spawning after you kill 15 of them
for what purpose
>>
>>4085118
It is the most shit pre-VII FF game, so this really shouldn't be suprising
>>
>>4084721
>Use siren bells to call the fight,

no sirens in the SNES version.
>>
>>4085125
nice meme
>>
>>4085187
>no control over party makeup for the majority of the game
>no decision making in the development of character abilities
>YOU get a fake death scene! And YOU get a fake death scene! And YOU get a fake death scene!
>Edward
>III's gimmick dungeons return here, because that was just the best part of that game

>meme

Okay senpai.
>>
>>4085197
having ATB (and being the first one to do it) automatically makes it better than the first three games
and it's probably the least grindy FF and the only one that can't be hilariously broken
>>
>>4085118
Especially without sirens in the SNES version, it's pretty absurd. Though I like it in a way.

FFIV has a bunch of interesting rare drops. Did anyone find the hidden summon items?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9aeRZoyxX8
>>
>>4085047
>this salty that he never grinded for it and so doesn't get the congratulations
>>
>>4085236
I've found the Goblin, Bomb and Cockatrice, but not all three on the same save and never the Mind Flayer.
>>
>>4085236
I only ever found Goblin and Bomb. I couldn't be assed to track down the rest.
>>
>>4085047
I was kind of excited when I got it even though I used frameskip to make it bearable.

And it was fun giving it to the dwarf and seeing some new dialog
>>
I just have absolutely no interest in FF4

didn't they all suck before 5 anyway

I mean even 5 kind of sucks

Basically 6-9 are the only good FFs

10 is basically an anime

11 doesn't exist anymore

12 got aborted halfway through development
>>
>>4085328
yeah they all suck

FF is a pretty bad franchise desu

6-9 are all okay at best

10 and onward are not retro
>>
>>4085328
>>4085381
muh job system
>>
>>4085236
Never found Mindflayer but it's cool as fuck little Rydia can summon those.
>>
What are some other rare JRPG drops like this? Sword of Kings from Earthbound, but what else?
>>
>>4085118
It was meant to be an extremely hard thing to "accomplish" for kids to brag about.
>>
>>4084585
Did the pirate game mafia got to him?
>>
>>4085328
>reddit spacing
>>
>>4085328
>>4085381
8 is shittier than pretty much all of them but 2.
>>
regarding the snes original

>>4085118
>stops spawning after you kill 15 of them

Never heard of that. are you sure?

>>4085239
>Mindflayer

heard that was a fake, like mage.
>>
>>4085667
Nope. ICE did.

And it sucks.
>>
>>4085864
This is what the final fantasy wiki says:
"n the Flan room in the Lunar Ruins, after the first rare encounter of the eight Flan Princesses, they start to appear after every five or six random encounters. After five to seven of these encounters with the Flan Princesses, they will stop appearing. The player can quicksave, then reload the game to start it again. The player will have to spend time finding the rare encounter again, but they will start to appear commonly again after that. This makes acquiring the Pink Tail easier."

I've only ever found the pink tail in the DS version, so I can't verify it. Seems to be true though.

The Mindflayer summon was in the SNES version, called Mage though.
>>
>>4085873
I wonder if the quicksave reference means it's only something that happens in the DS version.
>>
>>4084721

another ptsd ffxi'er

welcome friend!
>>
>>4085873

Hmm, thanks, the reference to quicksave does kind of allude to the DS though. When i tried to get the pink tail, i would leave/re-enter the room cause i thought it helped my chances. (voodoo)

If i had the time i guess i could pour over the guides on gamefaqs to see if its mentioned.

>The Mindflayer summon was in the SNES version, called Mage though.

Ah ok, thats why i thought it was a 'fake'. Do you fight the mindflayer enemies to get it or the female 'Mage' enemies ? (im guessing mindflayer)
>>
>>4085328
you got that backwards, 6-9 is when it goes downhill and never recovers
>>
>>4084398
It was on emulator but I didn't use savestates. Didn't take too long. I mean, the Pink Puff fight is a guarenteed encounter if you use the Alarm Clock, so the only random factor is the drop rate.
>>
File: Mage-ffiv.gif (684B, 47x48px) Image search: [Google]
Mage-ffiv.gif
684B, 47x48px
>>4085925
Yeah, it's the mindflayer enemies in the lodestone cavern (the place where you can't use metal items).
>>
>>4085202
>slow as fuck ATB system with no visual feedback
>better than normal turn based combat
Hmmm
>>
iirc I postponed beating the DS version by about 2 years because I burned myself out farming tails before going into the final dungeon.
>>
>>4085236
The cockatrice summon doesn't exist on the SNES version.
>>
"that kid" told me about the pink tail and for years I refused to believe it even existed. In my defense he was alex jones-level horseshit on pretty much everything else
>>
>>4085757
This
>>
>>4085202
>and the only one that can't be hilariously broken

You say that like it's a good thing. Hilariously breaking FF games is the most fun part of them.
>>
>>4088336
agreed. I remember being really annoyed by the DS remake's optional superboss. There's no way to break the game, so no way to really beat him other than "grind until it's possible".
>>
>>4084404

Nostalgia bomb, man. I even remember him uploading an uncensored version before replacing it with this one, as I don't think he ever swore. To this day I'm not sure if SirRon was a gimmick or if he was some dude off his meds that would just play JRPGs for hours on end.
>>
>>4084721

>Camping for belt items

>Staying up until 5am waiting for a fucker with an hours-long spawn window to show up for the third day in a row

>LS mate kind enough to volunteer to camp with me has fallen asleep at the keyboard

>He spawns directly on top of someone else camping it

I almost REEEEEEE'd until I realized he had passed out, too. I snatched that shit up without remorse. Every man for himself out there.
>>
>>4085328

This is a garbage opinion.
>>
>>4085202
>the only one that can't be hilariously broken

cool tacit admission that this entry has less replayability than any other in the series, senpai.
>>
>>4088703
Both, it was a character he did that grew over time, but he was also chill as fuck in the sirron fanforum chat, he was a legit perfectionist though and preferred doing stuff the hard way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZxu0Xzz79E
>>
>>4085405
>>4085328
>FF5 is your fav. FF
>Want to play FF3 for the job system and history
>Almost 30 years and no Engrish translation
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>4089894
There's a fan-translation at least.
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/141/

FF3 is great, one of the best NES rpgs imo.
>>
>>4089894
I just finished my four-job-fiesta custom challenge, and then I found an F3 translation to play F3 at work a few days ago.

>>http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2701/
Though there's a bug with multiplying monsters lagging the game a bit.
>>
>>4085749
I've never posted on reddit except like 5 times to try and promote someone else's game that failed anyway
>>
>>4089995
I like Dark Lord a lot more than the FFs and DQs on NES/SENPAI
>>
>>4090127
Never tried it, looks interesting though.
>>
>>4085749
>>>/v/
>>
>>4089894
what the hell are you on about? use google you fuckwit and you'll find one
>>
I got it back in the day when I was in fifth grade. Have no idea how i figured it out because I was 12 and the internet die not exist yet.
>>
>>4085118

Doesn't the game erase your data if you enter/exit a room more than 64 times?
>>
File: 1422778630173.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1422778630173.gif
1MB, 400x225px
Uh....Hrm... 0-0

I was gonna take a whack at IV because all the fanboys who won't shut up about it almost had me convinced I'd missed something great. Now, I'm not so sure I want to...
>>
>>4091825
0 customization means 0 interesting options in any given encounter. The complexity of the plot was novel at the time (or so I hear, I wasn't around then), but it's pretty bad by modern standards. I really don't think FF4 has much going for it. The DS remake is passable, though, because it goes from 0 customization to 1 and ups the difficulty.
>>
>>4091931
This is pretty much how I feel.

Every character has 1 optimum move every single turn. Kain jumps, Cecil attacks, Edge throws something or attacks, Rosa heals, and Rydia summons bahamut every single turn.

It makes it incredibly dull.
>>
File: poo.jpg (50KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
poo.jpg
50KB, 300x195px
Anyone have that rare drop you NEED to get every time you do a playthrough? I can't do a run of Earthbound without getting the sword of kings.
>>
>>4091985
Not retro, but how about a rare drop you literally need to get every time you do a playthrough?

>Crimson Shroud
>skeleton in the second area will rarely drop a key that's required to move to the third area
>game needs to be played through multiple times to get the true ending

On my second playthrough I think I spent a few hours trying to get that key before I gave up and never played again. I don't think the game ever tells you about the key, either; you just wander around trying to figure out what to do until a skeleton happens to drop the key.
>>
>>4091791
> the internet die not exist yet.
>But the Super Nintendo did
go home to grave
>>
>>4085236

So the video you linked to says you have to cheat to get cockatrice..how would you go about doing that - would you need to hack the rom via emu, or use a game genie code, or is there a trick you can do on original/pure cart/rom?
>>
>>4091985

I usually get a Dragon Whip for Rydia.
>>
>>4085328
1 and 3 are good, 5 is great, 4 is alright and 2 is below average.
>>
>>4085328
I feel you. Love jrpgs but not a FF fan at all. I have played three (IV, VI, and VII) and couldn't finish one of those. I would rather just play DQ or something that doesn't have such inconsistent quality.
>>
>>4093568
try playing I, III, and V, I don't like FF too much either but I love those games
>>
>>4093593
Yeah I have heard those are more on customization and less on plot like those ones so maybe they're more my style. In VI I remember liking the idea of magicite but I found that it kind of made everyone the same now that everyone had magic. At first I liked trying to mess around with all the characters but it basically came down to "who has the best stats?".
>>
>>4084398
I got 5 of them in the DS version, i think i spent two weeks doing it. The armor carried over into NG+ and everybody can equip it except for Dark Knight Cecil, making him the worst character in the game by far.

>>4091985
Economizer in FF6. I love having 1MP Ultima's.

>>4093132
>not using the Stardust rod for the higher INT for stronger spells
>>
>>4089894
Anon just play the PSP version. I've been playing through all the FFs in order lately and I'm on 5.

Let me tell you, FF3 is utter ass in comparison. Slow as fuck, Job system is shit and nerfs you for changing jobs, plot is fairly bland outside of like 3-4 characters.

I'd recommend giving it a skip. If you want a damn good JRPG with a job system check out Bravely Default on 3DS. It takes a hell of a lot of pointers from FF5.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.