[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to accurately portray the glory of S-Video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (917KB, 3254x2624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
917KB, 3254x2624px
Is there any way to accurately portray the glory of S-Video on a CRT TV?
>>
Sorry, meant to say "To someone using a digital TV"
Like can it even be recorded in such a way as it is in the picture?
>>
If you are wanting to focus on the visual intricacies of a certain display device, then no, I guess it wouldn't be possible to capture it in a photograph that is then viewed on an entirely different display device.
>>
Honestly, if you want or need pixels that sharp, you might a swell just emulate and save the hundreds of dollars on equipment that was never meant for gaming.
>>
RGB will blow your yankee doodle mind, m8.
>>
>>4084029
This, Deschannel Famicom-senpai.
>>
File: 1316121208436.gif (49KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1316121208436.gif
49KB, 320x240px
>>4084048
>>
>>4084001

Has someone ever explained what a color you've never seen before looks like?
>>
>>4084029

RGB with sync on composite is roughly equal in quality to s video. Sure the RGB way has a seperate wire for each colors signal, but it's sync signal is shit and not as good as sync on Luma. On a consumer set, the difference between the two is negligible
>>
>>4084001
>multiformat PVM
>RGB
Jesus fuck, is summer over yet?
>>
>>4085747
You morons will say any retarded shit to satiate your grape lust.
>>
The best SNES experience is one of the original models (1990-1994) using S-Video on a CRT with the sharpness turned all the way down. Looks sexy as fuck, none of that sharp and jaggy shit that the kids these days love so much... looks like emulated shit to me.
>>
>>4085747

Really depends upon the quality of RGB from the console and the tv in question.S-video can look very nice depending upon what encoder the console uses. It is a little harder to dial in S-video than Component/RGB color wise. Also you forgot Csync, which is the best form of sync you can have, then luma sync, then composite video sync (which is not Csync, stupid I know). Whoever came up with this name like the Xbox One and confusing people forever should be penciled in for a sudden visit by the angel of death.

RGB certainly makes a bigger difference on HD sets/upscalers as every flaw will be apparent vs S-video and the like.

On my consumer Toshiba set rgb/component is noticeable and worth it for me , but to some it may be negligible. It certainly is expensive to setup if you have a lot of consoles vs S-video.

It certainly isn't as big of an upgrade from Composite to S-video. Composite looks like shit unless you have a good comb filter from a later gen crt, but even then it looks pretty bad.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.