[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are those prices legit? I've never sold or purchased "retro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: overpriced.jpg (90KB, 961x386px) Image search: [Google]
overpriced.jpg
90KB, 961x386px
Are those prices legit? I've never sold or purchased "retro games". I've just bought games when they got released and never sold them. I have all my games with manuals and boxes. 70 USD for a manual alone seems very over priced to me. Just like 100 USD for Kid Dracula.
>>
Keep in mind that a non-negligible portion of the market today consists of show-off collectors and investors, so they aren't really buying it for what it is (a game that they want to play or own for the joy of owning it), but rather for some trophy purpose or as a moneymaking opportunity.
>>
>>4083132
Online prices are out of whack due in large part to pricing by software. I use a program called Monsoon to sell records and CDs on Amazon; there's no way I could list and sell thousands of items manually (I have over 3000+ at a time). Basically, the algorithm looks at other listings of the same item and bases the current price on that; it's more complicated than that, and you can set various rules, but basically that's it. I monitor my listings and occasionally notice prices that are too high or too low, but again, it's hard to manage hundreds or thousands of listings individually.

The problem with this is when lots of sellers are using similar methods to price items, and when Joe Fleamarket looks up those prices, over time it leads to artificial inflation.
>>
>>4083132
You see kid, there is a thing called capitalism and free market
People are free to sell their shit
>>
>>4083228
*shit they plundered from a thrift store
>>
The problem nowadays is that a lot of retro game stores will send employees to flea markets to buy up all the reasonably-priced items and resell them at huge profits. Basically, the game stores dictate the prices. Retro games are an extremely competitive business nowadays, just like comic books were in the '90s, and only collectors can really get into it.

That's why most people on this board have switched to flashcarts. There's absolutely no reason to pay those prices. If you want to collect something, anything not Nintendo tend to be a lot cheaper.
>>
>>4083132
No. That's a shoop.

>>4083259
>Shopping is plundering
Sounds like you're mad you;re too lazy to plunder anywhere but ebay. kek
>>
>>4083337
>i'm actually retarded and not pretending
good to know i guess
>>
>>4083357
Usually when someone your age green texts a story they start off with >be me
>>
>>4083132
Check completed listings not just asking prices to actually see what they're going for
>>
>>4083357
Kys commie
>>
If you ever get mad at the price of retro games and you support a "retro gaming" channel with likes, subs, or anything at all then you only have yourself to blame.

Assholes like MLIG started this shit, plunged retro into chaos, and now you guys just sit around and complain despite supporting them.
>>
>>4083132
you are fucking jew
>>
>>4085957
>Assholes like MLIG started this shit
I'm not their biggest fan but by the time they became popular on youtube the bandwagon effect was already going on. Besides, it's not like they're telling their viewers they *have* to own a PVM or original cartridges. They even did an episode about flashcarts, which is apparently a popular choice on this board. Maybe you don't like their videos but simply blaming them might be a little ridiculous. If you really want some youtube scapegoats then go for Mike Matei, MetalJesus or those other fags who're like "dude original hardware, LMAO".
>>
>>4086000
Hence why I said "assholes like MLIG," and to be honest I don't know many of the retro gaming channels so I just brought up the first name that came to mind.

and before anyone says it, yes I do want it to be a secret little club. popularity ruins anything good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.