[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star fox 2 has now been officially released Now these two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

File: Miyu_and_Fay.png (40KB, 350x175px) Image search: [Google]
Miyu_and_Fay.png
40KB, 350x175px
Star fox 2 has now been officially released
Now these two are canon
Thoughts?
>>
File: 1414667511941.jpg (42KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1414667511941.jpg
42KB, 450x320px
>Retroactive canon

Fucking kill me
>>
>>4082973
I'll consider buying one when they come out in september.
>>
I don't think these two are canon now just because the game is getting a limited release. I'm not expecting to see them in any upcoming Star Fox games, assuming the series isn't kill after the colossal failure of Zero.

Besides that, 64 rebooted the series, and Zero soft rebooted it again.

Also is there any merit to these characters beyond waifufaggotry?
>>
>>4082993
It's an official thing by nintendo, they're canon dude.
>>
They'll be hated, because they're not in a game that's a reboot/retelling of the first game.
>>
Imagine being a dipshit who cares about what is or isn't canon
>>
>>4083000

That's like saying Koopalings as Bowser's kids is stil canon just because that Super Mario Adventures comic got a re-release, but we all know they've been retconned into hired help.

Anything pre Star Fox 64 is still not canon, an official release of Star Fox 2 is probably not going to change that.
>>
>>4083020
>Koopalings as Bowser's kids is stil canon
Wait, they aren't now?
>>
>>4082990
t. scalper
>>
>>4083003
Seriously, Star Fox canon is as stupid as Sonic canon.
>>
>Nintendo Canon
Wow, I hope they release an official timeline and kickstart the nintendo cinematic universe.
>>
>>4082973
So how long before someone rips SF2 rom from the console and puts it in a repro cart? Id buy the SNES Classic, but it doesnt play carts so fuck that, I'll just use the money on a super everdrive.
>>
>>4083156
I'd give it two hours upon release, max.
>>
File: SNES-Starfox-2-cart[1].jpg (48KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Starfox-2-cart[1].jpg
48KB, 450x336px
>>4083156
There's very little chance it'll be different from the leaked ROM that's already been produced on cart by multiple retro sites.
>>
>>4083159
The lead PROGRAMMER already confimed it is completely different, fuck off, kiddo.
>>
>>4083161
Source?
>>
>>4083164
it's in the other thread
>>
File: neat.png (20KB, 620x231px) Image search: [Google]
neat.png
20KB, 620x231px
>>4083164
>>
>>4083179
>Scalpers buy up all the SNES minis
>All. Of. Them.
>They hold them hostage for people who want the finish ROM dumped.
>The internet has to collectively pay hundreds of thousands for a single unit to rip from.
>>
>>4083181
collectors charge hundreds of thousands for prototype carts too, it's nothing new
>>
>>4083179
He just said itll be the most complete version. He did not deny it may be one of the versions already floating around. Entirely possible that the "Final" version we find online is 99% complete and very little will change.
>>
>>4083206
Fuck off, he pretty much confirmed the final will have multiplayer.
>>
>>4083185
You're way off there. Most prototypes don't break $200. More popular games will go for more, as will unreleased, but $2k is very high for almost any prototype. Something like a legit Star Fox 2 prototype might go for a decent amount, but certainly below 5 digits.
>>
>>4083224
snes mini ain't going for 2k anyway, you can rest your mantits.
>>
>>4083213
You got anyone to play with? :^)
>>
>>4082985
Star Fox has multiple continuities.

Original: Star Fox -> Star Fox Nintendo Power comic -> Star Fox 2
Second: Star Fox 64 -> Star Fox Adventures -> Star Fox Assault -> Star Fox Command (the latter of which has many alternate universe endings)
Current: Star Fox Zero and whatever may happen after that.
>>
>>4082973
I would fuck the cat girl
>>
>>4083246
They are all remakes of the same game.
>>
Star Fox 2 is surprisingly fun, it's better thean the DS Star Fox( Command).

If they combined those two it would and threw in some in rails levels it'd be the perfect Star Fox game.
>>
>>4083251
Not remakes, reboots
>>
>>4083263
Yeah yeah whatev
>>
>>4083054
Nope, so says Shiggy. Bowser Jr. is the only real spawn of Bowser.
>>
>>4083126

I'd say that it's worse than anything Sonic's ever done because of Star Fox Command alone. After that cluster fuck I'm not surprised they rebooted a second time.
>>
>>4082973
Only canon to the Star Fox universe where they all cut off their legs.
>>
>>4082973
>officially released
Cool where did you get yours? Also make sure you start a few more threads about this. I don't think we have enough.
>>
>>4083181
>Scalpers buy up all the SNES minis

shouldn't be hard since Nintendo will make about ten of them and then quit
>>
Star Fox 2 isn't a good game. We didn't miss much by it's cancellation and all of its good ideas were already done badly in Command.
>>
>>4083156
How many burgers are you willing to bet the roms used in the mini snes are the emuparadise ones?
>>
>>4083567
Highly doubt it, just because it happened to Super Mario Bros doesn't mean Nintendo hasn't learned their lesson.
>>
>>4083251
Just like how Castlevania has like ten games all about the first time Simon fought Dracula.
Just retellings, not totally different canons.
>>
>>4083642
Castlevania autist here.

ACTUALLY Super Castlevania IV and Haunted Castle, for instance, are understood as a separate universes to the NES Castlevania and Castlevania Chronicles.

Super Castlevania IV is considered not-canon due to differences on the return of Dracula, and Haunted Castle because they add a lot of non-canon lore to the original plot.

Therefore yes, they're different canons.
>>
>>4083000
Not how that works. Not even remotely how any of that works. If so there are thousands of comics, games, videos, etc of Star Wars directly related to Lucas ltd. that should be canon. None of which are, and even less are since Disney bought them.
>>
>>4083263
A reboot is a type of remake.
>>
>>4083548
it's a great game, you have to play on expert though
>>
>>4083206
Nigger by saying complete he meant complete. Argonat knows about the hacked version that's online, and they know it's anywhere near "complete".
>>
>>4083319
Anyone concerned about any canon for a Nintendo game besides maybe Metroid needs to be shot for their pointless autistic faggotry.
>>
File: sf2 miyu+faye.png (247KB, 1451x626px) Image search: [Google]
sf2 miyu+faye.png
247KB, 1451x626px
im glad
>>
>>4082973
>A reboot is a type of remake.
I guess it is, like Bomberman act zero or sonic 06
>>
>>4083571
they're 100% complete roms, not the 90% prototype we've had for so long
>>
>>4083159
They wouldn't publish a buggy game with debug features intact ya dingus
>>
>>4083810
This.

And its obvious nintendo wouldnt use those roms, they would be using argonaut's finished rom.
>>
>>4083251
What, no. Only Star Fox and 64 are the same.
>>
Is the one on the right an iriomote mountain cat?
>>
>>4083206

Except they literally finished the game dude, it went through QA and everything. Even if the version we have is 'close to' complete its build date is still at least three months before work finished, at the very least it'll have that extra time put into it, even if was just spent polishing and bugfixing.
>>
>>4086530
And 3DS, and Zero.
>>
>>4083785

This, expert mode feels like a fuller game. I get the feeling one aspect they hadn't polished yet was the difficulty changes as anything else just feels sparse.
>>
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>4083224
der I AM THE HUEG BUTTER AND YOU ARE MADE OF 2K MONIES
>>
>>4086596
The SNES Classic will have Star Fox 2 on it
>>
>>4086543
A lynx
>>
>FoxXWolf becomes non canon
>everyone will be forced to draw superior WolfXLeon
Feels good
>>
>>4082993
>I don't think these two are canon now just because the game is getting a limited release. I'm not expecting to see them in any upcoming Star Fox games

>Besides that, 64 rebooted the series, and Zero soft rebooted it again.

You're talking like canon means that some fiction is more real that others. Fiction is fiction.

Starfox has multiple official canons and they are all equally fantasy. It doesn't matter what nintendo uses or doesn't use next.

Really there's no such thing as "not canon", only "not canon with". When people say "not canon", they're talking about a work that was disowned or never legitimized by a particular author or authority, this never happened to any of the officially produced starfox games.

Starfox 2 is being released by Nintendo for consumption by their audience. Why does it matter that the release is limited? Your disqualification is arbitrary.

It's a sequel to starfox. It's in the same canon as starfox.
>>
>>4083548
>Star Fox 2 isn't a good game. We didn't miss much by it's cancellation and all of its good ideas were already done badly in Command.

It really depends

If its barely more than the one we have now, I can see why they had no qualms about cancelling it.

But if the full game has on-rail levels for planets and boss fights, it will be awesome.

I don't know which I believe is more likely. It's hard to believe that their idea for levels was activating two switches in a small area then going into a hut and destroying a core, for every single planet. Battleships are defeated the same way without an exterior section. Andross is a real boss fight and it would be strange if he was the only one. Sure we have star wolf and mirage dragon, but that's dog fights and not traditional starfox bosses.
>>
>>4086743
Why would that be non canon?
>>
>>4086797
Because Fox will hook up with Fay and/or Miyu
>>
File: b8e.png (389KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
b8e.png
389KB, 600x600px
>>4082973
Huh. ProtonJon was planning to do an LP of it and then this happened.
>>
>>4086819
As opposed to Krystal and Katt? This is autism.
>>
File: 2D9855217.jpg (657KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2D9855217.jpg
657KB, 1280x960px
>>4083020
>>4083054
>>4083317

Lol, yeah, right. And I'll bet you think that the Bros don't come from Brooklyn either.
>>
>>4084328
While I believe it will be a more complete version than the ones floating around already, Nintendo has already set a precedent for using publicly hosted ROMs on both the Virtual Console as well as the NES mini. So I wouldn't say it's "obvious" they wouldn't use those ROMs. Though it is unlikely, if only for the fact that Argonat themselves confirmed otherwise.
>>
>>4082973
So they're hot and have cannons?

Sign me up, girls+guns is my fetish.
>>
>>4083317
He also backtracked on the koopalings not being related to bowser because it pissed so many off. It's an "ambiguous" relation now.
>>
>>4082973
Doggo is cute.
>>
>>4088598

I mean, yeah, Yoshi's Island retconned that too. That stork dropped the Bros off at a mushroom shaped house, not... whatever you'd describe the setting of the live action segments of that show.
>>
>>4083159
incomplete version
>>
>>4082973
Has someone already uploaded the final rom?
>>
>>4092906
No, it's only coming out in september 29
>>
>>4092926
Ah thanks. So OP is a faggot basically by making it sound like it came out already.
>>
>>4089429
Furries too apparently
>>
Rom when?
>>
>>4086782
There were other bosses. did anyone else play normal or expert modes?
https://youtu.be/E9i22DR8VY4?t=11m40s
>>
The Star Fox series is a clusterfuck anyway. The only game that matters is Star Fox 64.
>>
>>4095340
Hmm idk
SF snes is plenty fun to me
>>
>>4089478
I desperately need a source on this. Unless you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>4083715
>different canons
So... reboots
>>
>>4095348
SF is horrible, dude, the framerate is sub 12 fps.
>>
>>4096240
>not overclocking your SuperFX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgxFBqNdmfM
>>
>>4096340
The problem is makes the gameplay run faster

I wonder if it's possible to hack the rom to slow the player/enemies movement speed down, but probably not
>>
>>4094970
Oh neat

serves me right for using the casual setting
>>
>>4096450
>>4096450
I think it's technically possible, but you can't just half values or whatever, you'd need to completely alter the formulas to make them line up.
>>
>>4083642
That's only like three games, though. Castlevania actually has a pretty coherent timeline, even taking things like the World Wars in account. Nintendo just doesn't care.
>>
>>4098245
castlevania, vampire killer, haunted castle, super castlevania 4 and castlevania chronicles
the castlevania timeline was a mess before igarashi stepped in, cv3 and cv adventures were both about Simon's ancestor from 100 years before because the teams had no communication between them, they only later got retconned into taking place in the 1400s and 1500s respectively
>>
>>4096450
>The problem is makes the gameplay run faster

I don't see the problem with this. I'd actually much rather this than the slo-mo it plays at by default.
>>
File: Canon-EOS-80D-0002.jpg (141KB, 1500x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Canon-EOS-80D-0002.jpg
141KB, 1500x1002px
>>4082973 (OP)
I'm canon, fuck your cute POODLES up there.
>>
>>4083246
>>4086770
Star Fox Command was deemed not canon by Nintendo. I can't take anything you say seriously, knowing you don't know that. Also canon is a baseline for a series that contains all current information. It's not some umbrella cipher for the Theory of Everything. Anything is not canon if it doesn't mesh with that base.

Like Dragon Ball Super is not canon because Goku fights Kid Buu reincarnated at the end of Z, who he implicitly confides to Vegeta to be the weakest Buu during their fight in Otherworld. They can do a universal reset at the end of Super, but then you invoke Death of the Author - at some point you can just say "this is bullshit. I don't have to accept this as canon" if it's not kilter to what you know. In this case that nothing particular happened in that 10 year time-skip.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.