[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

While mention of them is common I can't remember the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: Chrono Logos.png (99KB, 1020x154px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono Logos.png
99KB, 1020x154px
While mention of them is common I can't remember the last time a actual thread was made for the series.

Chrono series thread. Fortunately all three(ish) games are retro and can be discussed.
>>
File: 53179771_p0.jpg (497KB, 1754x1240px) Image search: [Google]
53179771_p0.jpg
497KB, 1754x1240px
Damn, no one wants to talk about the chrono series?
>>
>>4082608
Why is harle so best lads
>>
>>4083397
There's CT threads all the time, it's one of the most popular JRPGs there is. You aren't really bringing anything new to the table with your OP.
>>
File: 18821696_p0.jpg (814KB, 1915x705px) Image search: [Google]
18821696_p0.jpg
814KB, 1915x705px
>>4083406
I don't believe I have seen a dedicated thread for the series. Of course it is mentioned, it's one if the most beloved jrpgs, maybe even games, ever made. I just would love to see some discussion on it as I have been replaying them.

Really I'm interested in /vr/'s thoughts on it as a whole series, not just a particular game.
>>
File: chronobreaklogo.jpg (38KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
chronobreaklogo.jpg
38KB, 800x618px
It's coming out any day now, right? Right?

Anyway usually I don't care about remakes and fangames but I really don't get Square's drive to kill any and all Chrono fanprojects. I mean it's obvious they aren't ever going to make any official Chrono games themselves anymore even if the fans have been wanting more Chrono for decades. Now I get the "we aren't getting any money from fanprojects" side of thing but wouldn't allowing them raise the interest in the series alive in case they actually were to eventually release something official meaning it would sell even better? Seriously what's going on here?
>>
>>4083421
>I just would love to see some discussion on it as I have been replaying them.
Well then maybe you could start? You're just saying "alright talk about chrono trigger now".
>>
>>4083463
Probably because they're trying to sell garbage like I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear as spiritual successors to Chrono Trigger and they don't want the fans one-upping them.
>>
I spent so many hours on Chrono Compendium reading about the ridiculous theories. It was one of the only series where I actually cared about the story. Sure, the majority of the playable characters are pointless in Cross, but the scope of the story and making connections to Trigger was so much fun.

Back then I saw Chrono as being the antithesis to FF. Rather than reinvent itself every time with an entirely new world, Square finally had an epic series with a continuous story. Along with Xenogears. ;_;

All 3 games are very special to me. Radical Dreamers is especially comfy. The joke endings were fucking hilarious
>>
File: 31424305_p0.jpg (305KB, 1381x749px) Image search: [Google]
31424305_p0.jpg
305KB, 1381x749px
>>4083471
Well alright then.

When I think of the chrono series one emotion in particular is felt: melancholy.

Chrono Trigger is such a genuine masterpiece in every way. Everything truly feels expertly put together. As a story I genuinely love it. It isn't incredibly deep or life changing but feels very engaging and interesting. Twists are constantly happening and the characters, while simple, are charming. All the characters have some really great moments, things like when Marle and Chrono are reunited on Death Peak or Magus' care for Schala really is memorable while not feeling overly complicated. It's a very sentimental game to me. maybe not my absolute favorite game but a definite favorite.

Then you have Chrono Cross. First I just want to say I don't hate CC, I like it fine, but fuck is it a pretty soul crushing game especially for fans of CT. It has a lot of good qualities in itself, great art, some nice characters, and the greatest soundtrack ever made for a videogame, but the story never sat well with me. There's just so much depressing shit in that game, coming off of CT it feels so foreign. CT had some emotional moments but it was generally upbeat or at least optimistic and hopeful. So many of the main characters in CC have such miserable backgrounds and miserable endings. Kid in particular is a character I feel so mixed about. I quite like her but who appears to be the lead heroine of the game we spend so little time with her that it feels undermined and not as special as it should be. Of course seeing the fates of the CT cast is depressing too. Learning that Crono and Marle most likely died terrible deaths or, at best, lived as random outcasts is pretty depressing. Lucca too, who most likely burned with the orphanage, depresses me. Also the characters of CC never really felt resolved to me. Seeing Serge lose his memories of the entire adventure just pisses me and learning Kid/Schala can never really be him feels like such a fuck you.
>>
File: 51302520_p0.jpg (176KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
51302520_p0.jpg
176KB, 1000x705px
>>4083582
Part 2

To me it seems like CC is just so needlessly cruel with all of it's characters. Like the Kato was kind of just pissed and didn't want you satisfied. Something about CC just really rubs me the wrong way, I don't think my explanation was great though.

Still, it is a beautiful game. The soundtrack of CC blows me away every time I listen to it. This song in particular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7fr4CYer8
This song moves me tears just listening to it.

It's a great series, just depresses the fuck out of me.
>>
File: wub.png (91KB, 381x353px) Image search: [Google]
wub.png
91KB, 381x353px
>>4083403
I see you're a man of good taste

If only her ending wasn't so shitty
>>
I never played either but know quite a bit about them for some time and I gotta say I keep forgetting that Trigger and Cross are part of a series.
>>
>>4082608
I just noticed that the logo is wrong in Chrono Cross. The numbers in the pseudo clock face that forms the C read 6, 9, and 12 in the Trigger logo, but in the Cross logo they read 6, 9, and 11. Why does the clock only go to 11?
>>
File: unnamed.png (162KB, 535x274px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
162KB, 535x274px
>>4084387
It is 12 anon, it's just a low res pic in the OP.
>>
>>4084675
Weird. That part of the logo in OP's image is actually bigger in the CT logo compared to the CC logo (where the 12 renders correctly). I guess they used tighter kerning in the logo for Chrono Cross. Considered more modern-looking at that time, maybe.
>>
>tfw there will never be another Chrono game or good spiritual successor.

Well, maybe its better so as SE would probably fuck it up.
>>
File: 22369654_p0.jpg (1MB, 1250x850px) Image search: [Google]
22369654_p0.jpg
1MB, 1250x850px
>>4084753
I don't think SE can really be trusted at this point, that and I doubt they could get the dream team together again for a big project.

CC had a pretty complete ending, it was ambiguous in terms of the characters but lavos is dead finally. Unless you wanted a completely new story.
>>
Cross was a mistake.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.