[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked this game up yesterday. It seems to me that if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Wario_Land_3_(NA).png (673KB, 640x641px) Image search: [Google]
Wario_Land_3_(NA).png
673KB, 640x641px
Just picked this game up yesterday. It seems to me that if you're incapable of death, then enemies are only there to annoy you and waste your time - and indeed, everything DOES.
>>
>>4081972
You still "die" by getting transported back to an earlier part of the level.
>>
>>4081991
Only during boss fights, isn't it?
>>
>>4081972
Wario land 2 has the same mechanics.

You are supposed to use the tranformations to get ahead and collect secrets,
>>
File: (you).gif (21KB, 450x406px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
21KB, 450x406px
>>4081972
So you are saying dying would not waste your time by making you respawn at an earlier checkpoint?

Do you not see the beauty of this game mechanic, or are you so used to derivative formulaic platformers?
>>
>>4081972
it's more about just getting through the levels with all the coins you can so it's fine.
find secrets, get money, try not to take damage, repeat.
death wouldn't really make sense with how the levels is laid out and the enemies aren't quite dangerous enough.
to each their own tho.
>>
Wario Land 3 is a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>4083412
Rest assured, you can die.
>teleports behind you
>>
>>4083412
so is life a game?
>>
>>4082406
look man I know you like posting that gif but you gotta stop it's ruining your life
>>
>>4083412
So puzzle mechanics based around the damage effects you take from enemies is too high brow to be a game?
>>
>>4083460
he should have said if there's no loss condition it's not a game. puzzles have loss conditions
>>
>>4081972
This is why SML3/VB/WL4/World are better than WL2/WL3, the immortality gimmick is casual as fuck.
>>
>>4083412
>using cuck
you have told me all i need to know. This board is much older on average than others, be aware you look like an idiot.
>>
>>4083413
>>4083419
>>4083460
>>4083490
>all these people defending literal movie games
kek welcome to summer
>>
>>4081972
always preferred Wario Land 1 and VB
>>
File: wario land 3 - peaceful village.gif (152KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
wario land 3 - peaceful village.gif
152KB, 500x434px
>>4083452
It's a really nice gif though. I have others.
>>
>>4083958
Yeah, I'm just messing with you. I love the animations in WL3.
>>
File: Wario_Land_3_GBC_tile_screen.gif (22KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
Wario_Land_3_GBC_tile_screen.gif
22KB, 640x576px
>>4084665
No offense taken. But yeah, I posted that gif in the last 3 or 4 WL3 threads we had, I can't help it.

>I love the animations in WL3.
Even those who prefer WL2 have to admit that 3 looked better and was among the best looking titles on the GBC. The title screen of 3 alone (especially compared to that of 2) speaks volumes. Not to mention the soundtrack!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.