[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bosses or Sub Bosses in early level that harder than any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: fuckingshit.png (888KB, 930x619px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingshit.png
888KB, 930x619px
Are there more retro games with bosses in early levels that are far away from the final boss and also MUCH harder?

In this case it's the level 3 boss of ContraIII also known as Probotector. The Boss is difficult to figure out especially on hard mode, as he is super fast, anything you touch around you is death and you have to fight him in an awkward position. Without the perfect weapon this sub boss costs alot of lifes if not all. And is the hardest boss in the game.
>>
>>4080369
I hate that thing and that entire level.
>>
>>4080369
I've seen speedrun strats where the player stays really close to the top pillar and doesn't get hit.
>>
>>4080369
There's also that stupid brain with rotating spheres boss that's completely luck based. It could be very hard if you're dealed a bad hand.
>>
>>4080369
IIRC, it's not too difficult to learn its bobbing patterns. It definitely helps to be a good shot with the crusher weapon.

>>4080527
I used to be able to call my shot. I could hit the item spewer every time, although that was on a CRT when I was 25 years younger. I tried a couple years ago on an emulator and failed miserably.
>>
>>4080369
He's not hard if you keep moving.

The sub-boss of level 6 is RIDICULOUS, and the final boss of the game is FUCKING LUDICROUS.
>>
>>4080369
In Konami wai wai world the mid boss Golem also much harder then Last boss no one try to fight him and run away to final boss room.
>>
>>4080369
in hard difficulty it is indeed one major hurdle.
I remember staying at the very top, and when it's incoming, pressing jump to drop and then press right to grab the wall again, at the lowest point possible, then climbing up top, rinse repeat.
>>
>>4080369
His bobbing is rhythmic and easy to time even on hard mode. Since you only get a few moments to hit him during it, the laser and the crusher missiles are a good choice.

The part that I'd usually die at was the second over head level when having to navigate those very narrow ledges while ducking homing fire from the ants. Also on hard mode, those centipede things moved so fast that they could over run you if it spawned close to you. Besides that the roulette boss fight at the end was garbage.
>>
File: Clipboard01.png (3KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png
3KB, 480x432px
This arsehole right here
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.