[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://shop.hdretrovision.com/coll ections/component-cables

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

https://shop.hdretrovision.com/collections/component-cables

They just restocked their cables if any of you guys are interested.
>>
>>4078610
Nice, Deschannel Famicom-senpai.
I'm considering buying some.
>>
File: I_gots_the_hookups.jpg (670KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
I_gots_the_hookups.jpg
670KB, 2592x1944px
Very cool, thanks! Hope you give a similar warning when the GDemu becomes available.

I knew they were going up from $40. Thought it was going to be $50, but now it is $53 per cable. I do not know if I'd want to double down with these, even though I already do the RGB thing with upscalers. I don't think I can afford these at the moment, so in a way I hope they sell out so the temptation is removed as I don't think I need them, yet they would give me more connectivity options for my old systems. Also I cannot think of an ethical way to get the kind of funds right now, so it was a more comforting knowing it is not an option available to me.
>>
>>4078690
>>4078681
Just an FYI I'm not associated with this website at all guys. Just wanted to let my fellow anons know the cables were in stock.
>>
>>4078693
Yeah, I know.
I just want to buy some and thank you for letting me know.
>>
>>4078610
>$53 for a fucking video cable

is this a joke? You can get rgb scart cables for a third of that.
>>
>>4078734
scart was never widely used in america. it's pretty rare to see a TV that has it.
>>
>>4078743
>scart was never widely used in america. it's pretty rare to see a TV that has it.

PVMs have RGB input, you just need a scart to bnc dongle. And if you use a modern TV then you need a scaler anyway, and those can take RGB Scart.
>>
>>4078734
Buying more than one of them is especially retarded. You can get a good SCART-component transcoder plus cables for less money and it'll be the same exact thing.
>>
Only plebs will buy this.
>>
>53 loonies
i'll pass.
>>
I'm glad that I got one of each when I did. Not that they were cheap before, but I figured they'd just go up in price.
>>
>>4078610
Does a SNES require any modding to work with component?
>>
>>4078825
Only SNS-101s do.
>>
>>4078825
SNES doesn't support component. It supports RGB. This cable has a chip in it that converts the signal to component. That's why it's expensive. The small SNES has to be modded to support RGB (and these cables) but the standard models work fine.
>>
>>4078825
Only some Super Famicom/SNES consoles can output Component natively and they need to be modded, the mod isn't that good and is pretty risky.

The HD Retrovision cables are literally just RGB cables with built-in RGB-to-Component converters and RCA Component outputs for HDTVs which support 240p and for CRTs with Component inputs.

The Super Famicom/SNES (except for the Mini versions) and the PAL GameCube all output native RGB, but the Nintendo 64 requires a mod to restore RGB output and the NTSC GameCube doesn't output RGB, but there are official Component cables for the GameCube which are ridiculously expensive.

Also, the Famicom/NES (at least the original models) and the Wii/Wii U use different cables than the other consoles do.
And from personal experience, Component and RGB from the Famicom is pretty shitty and I would stick with Composite for the Famicom if I were you.
But Nintendo 64 in RGB is really great and you should try it.
The Super Famicom/Nintendo 64/GameCube Multi AV Out port is also on the AV Famicom and some rare top-loader NES consoles but they only output Composite, there are mods for them to output RGB and S-Video but as I said before, I don't recommend them.
A Super Famicom Jr. or Super NES Mini can be modded to restore RGB output and it will work just as well as a 1CHIP Super Famicom.
I hate the look of Famicom games in RGB/Component because they use emulator palettes which are inaccurate, and the Famicom can never output native RGB since Nintendo never intended it with their PPU.

The HD Retrovision cables will work with the Super Famicom, a PAL GameCube and an RGB-modded Nintendo 64 but it won't work with an NTSC GameCube or an AV Famicom.
>>
>>4078840
>>4078828
>>4078831

thanks, I had seen mention of a component mod in some forums which had confused me, but good to know i don't need to bother with it.

Do you have an opinion on 1-chip vs 2-chip SNES? I had been under the impression that 1-chip was objectively better, but have only recently been reading some discussions that suggest the opposite.
>>
>>4078852
1-chip is better for sure. 3-chip (there's no such thing as a 2-chip) looks worse in a way that you can't un-see once you've noticed it.

There are like two games that have issues with 1-chip consoles, nothing anyone cares about.
>>
>>4078852
>>4078862
2CHIP is how Nintendo intended it to look like, the softer picture is intentional because Nintendo didn't want it to look as pixellated as the Famicom.

The SHVC-CPU-01 Super Famicom is the best Super Famicom.

1CHIP is just an official clone they made to cut costs.

Plus the 1CHIP has some visual glitches for some games like Disney's Aladdin (they are usually 1 pixel junk at the top of the screen), but it gets worse on some games, Soul Blazer's music is borked and the Super FX games are slower.

Here's some more info (check the sixth comment):
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?245275-SNES-RGB
>>
>>4078878
Still looks worse. Don't care what the developers intended or didn't intend.

>1CHIP has some visual glitches for some games
Hidden by overscan anyway.

>Soul Blazer's music is borked
That is incorrect. It runs the same as a 3-chip on first startup.

>the Super FX games are slower
Citation needed.
>>
>>4078878
>1CHIP is just an official clone they made to cut costs.

fuck off, byuu.
>>
>>4078887
>Citation needed.
if i'm reading right, this link seems to suggest Doom and Star Fox are slower on SNES Mini
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=46303

>>4078898
So byuu's claim has been debunked?
>>
>>4078610
Cool shill bro

>>4078831
>a chip that costs a couple bucks is the reason a cable costs $53
Sounds legit
>>
>>4078937
>forum post by some rando saying it "seems" different/slower that has never been confirmed or replicated by anyone else
Good citation.
>>
If im only planning on using this with a crt would it still be worth getting.
>>
Fuck these jews for charging more than $25 for these in the first place then having the nerve to keep raising the price. Any news on china knockoffs yet?
>>
>>4078957
Racketboy is good source. Please post counter argument with video/facts.
>>
>>4079369
>Racketboy is good source.
Did you even read the post you linked? He offers no evidence of his own, straight up says he hasn't tested it himself, and just quotes some other guys who also offer no evidence to back up their claims. Great source, yep.

>Please post counter argument with video/facts.
Sure. The 1CHIP CPU is clocked exactly the same as the non-1CHIP CPU. The Super FX clock rate is set by an oscillator in the cartridge itself, not by the console. How about you tell me what mechanism exists that could possibly cause Super FX games to run at a different speed on a 1CHIP console?
>>
aaaand they're gone.
>>
>>4078610
got my snes one last night. looking forward to binning my chinese scart to component transcoder that fuzzes up to shit and ugly green whenever you look at the scart head the wrong way. calibrating that is a fucking pain. hopefully this one looks ok with a modded N64 too, but the guys said it was calibrated for snes only.

Also worth noting is that OSSC is back now too, and they all come with the audio board built in now. It's like a framemeister but better and worse in a few ways.
>>
>>4079772
aaaand nothing of value was lost
There are cheaper better alternatives and have been for decades
>>
>>4079808
According to My Life in Gaming, the Super Famicom HD Retrovision cables work perfectly with any RGB modded Nintendo 64, whether it's the old-fashioned way where you need a very early Nintendo 64 model or if it's Tim Worthington's universal N64RGB kit.
It also once had problems with the PAL GameCube with distortion on the upper-right corner but they fixed it too in the latest hardware revision (AKA: The one that's being sold right now).

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpy1M6v2_MI
>>
File: 0625171909.jpg (3MB, 1976x3280px) Image search: [Google]
0625171909.jpg
3MB, 1976x3280px
How am I able to tell whether I have 1 chip or not? I just got this today for $45 so I'm not gonna complain if it's 2 chip. I've got to mod this for s-video anyways.
>>
>>4080794
>SNN-CPU-01
Yup, it's a 2CHIP.
Also, you don't need to mod a Super Famicom/Super NES for S-Video output.
All Super Famicom and Super NES consoles natively output S-Video.
>>
>>4080805
It's a mini snes
>>
>>4080825
Okay, if it's a Super NES Mini, then there's a 100% chance that it's a 1CHIP.
No Super NES Mini/Super Famicom Jr. can output RGB but it's pretty much a 50/50% chance of getting one with S-Video.
If your Super NES Mini doesn't output S-Video, you need to mod it.
>>
>>4080850
Yeah, I figured. First time whippin out a soldering iron. Hopefully I don't fuck it up too bad.
>>
>>4080862
Good luck on your quest, laddie.
>>
>>4080850
>it's pretty much a 50/50% chance of getting one with S-Video
I've never heard of an unmodded SNS-101 with S-Video. Are you sure about that?
>>
>>4080915
Whoops, I was wrong.
I just paraphrased a fellow /vr/ anon who told that to me.
You still have to mod your Super NES Mini if you want S-Video.

Does your CRT TV even have Component inputs?
Then just get an HD Retrovision cable.
>>
>>4080793
Ah, I'm sure it would work, just that the colors might not be perfect. Mine is the older/cheaper NS1 mod.

also I can't believe MLIG isn't more popular. Really good stuff from that channel. I guess most of it is pretty obscure when so many people just emulate.
>>
>>4080973
Apparently, the colors are great, according to MLIG.
But the colors might not be how HD Retrovision wants them to look.
>>
>>4080978
>half a dozen posts in 2 hours getting everything wrong
Jesus. Time to start filtering tripfags.
>>
>>4081065
Don't filter them. Call them out on their bullshit so they don't mislead others.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.