[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I just replayed MGS1 for the PS1 for the first time in about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: MGS.jpg (25KB, 324x276px) Image search: [Google]
MGS.jpg
25KB, 324x276px
So, I just replayed MGS1 for the PS1 for the first time in about 10 years. I played the game many many times as a kid, getting all the extras (the bandana, the stealth camo, both combined, the tuxedo, etc.) and i know the game pretty well despite having not played it in a long time.

Several times throughout the game there were parts of the script I could not remember, pieces that felt new or changed. The only major one I can remember off the top of my head is at the very end of the credits when Ocelot is talking via codec to the President. Ocelot refers to him as Solidus, which I didnt remember happening before. I remember Solidus being a thing for the firs time in MGS2.

So my question is this: Were there two different versions of the PS1 MGS1 released with minor script differences? or am I just misremembering from 10 years ago?

Every time I google this I get answers talking about the differences in MGS1 and the remake The Twin Snakes, but that isnt what Im asking. I want to know if there were two versions of the PS1 MGS1 released.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>4075849
P.S. I guess I should mention that I played this on an emulator as opposed to the PS1 like i did as a kid.
>>
>>4075849
Don't think so. Ocelot's line was "Nobody knew you were the 3rd one, Solidus" right? Pretty sure that was always there, yeah. I think 2's the first time they call him George Sears though.
>>
Uhh that always happened. That's kind of how memory works. You misremember small details. Congrats on being done with school for the summer.
>>
>>4075856
yea that is the line. it's cool if the line was always there, but that was just one of probably 15 of so lines that I was thinking ".... that isnt how i remembered it", so it became kinda a recurring phenomenon lol.
>>
>>4075849
>or am I just misremembering from 10 years ago?

You got it.
>>
There is MGS: Integral which had some changes/additions, but I don't know if any of them were changes to the script though.
>>
>>4075849
mgs is overrated and aged terribly
>>
>>4075849

If I remember right, the better your score, the more complete you hear of Ocelot's message to Solidus at the end.
>>
>>4076065
That's your opinion and I respect it even if it differs from mine ;)
>>
>>4076070
Really? Wow, if that's the case I had no idea. As a kid I often ended up just killing lots of people. This time I played a normal difficulty and did reasonably well. I think I was caught less than five times and some of those were scripted. I did use a lot of rations though.
>>
I made a website dedicated to Metal Gear Solid.
Tell me what you think
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ithinkey/besnake/snaketraining.html
>>
>>4075849

There ARE two versions of MGS on the Playstation, the original and a release with some extra features/content called Integral. I've only ever played Integral so I can't help you on script differences.
>>
>>4076065
ok [\spoiler]
>>
>>4076065
This, but unironically.
>>
>>4077635
Isn't Integral based on the American release? If OP isn't nipponese its the only one he played.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.