[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vr/, what's the hardest game you've beaten?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1490024366589.gif (1MB, 282x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490024366589.gif
1MB, 282x263px
Alright /vr/, what's the hardest game you've beaten? Bonus question: name a game you really tried to beat, but gave up on.

Beaten: Ghosts n Goblins (both rounds)
Gave up: Castlevania 3 (fuck level seven, seriously)
>>
>>4073862
Beaten:
Axelay, Super Probotector on hard

Gave up:
Battle Toads in Battlemaniacs (Snes) - TurboTunnel

I later finished battle toads on snes with emulator and savestates, and I am glad I gave up back then, because the game even gets more nuts hard than the turbo tunnel
>>
File: IMAG0226.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0226.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>
Hardest beaten: either
Castlevania Chronicles (ps1)
or
Ranger X (genesis)

Gave up on:
Ninja Gaiden (nes)
and
seeing the end of Tetris
>>
Sad I can't think of a single really hard game I've beaten. Maybe Angband, I personally wouldn't consider it that hard though, at least the newer versions. I beat Contra Hard Corps but people exaggerate that one.

I never give up, I only move games to my backlog. That includes all the GnG games :(
>>
>>4073946
Just because a game isn't like ninja gayden on snes, doesn't mean it isn't hard dude...

Games I failed at were:
Street Fighter Third Strike and Virtua Fighter, love them both but never could beat single player mode on anything above average.
>>
Pokemon Puzzle League on super hard felt like the hardest thing ever, but I might just be bad at panel de pon.

Gave up on a Final Fight 1cc. I could get up to Rolento's elevator without dying, but everything would start to fall apart past that point.
>>
>>4073862
Ghosts n' Goblins
Castlevania 3

Both games require you to memorize tricks
>>
Beaten: Ninja Gaiden 2(Usually got stuck and gave up on the snow-wind part in level 2, but I had a real hot streak one day), Castlevania(Fuck the first part of the last level. Level 5 and Death have nothing on that shit.)
Gave up: The Lone Ranger, Zelda 2, The Battle of Olympus. I'm convinced The Lone Ranger's last level is impossible without cheating. Zelda 2's final Palace was enough to make me want to never play the game again, and the one time I reached the last area of Olympus I died within seconds and haven't had the motivation to try again.
>>
>>4073862
literally the opposite, beaten C3, gave up on GnG
>>
>>4074038
Crazy. I think GnG actually gets a lot more praise for difficulty than it deserves. Really the only trick you need to know is to jump in one direction and attack the opposite, that and maybe learn where the few armor drops spawn.

C300 is just git gud, stay gud
>>
>>4073862
I can nearly 1 continue CV3 but despite countless tries, I have never managed to beat GnG. I beat loop one and called it good.
>>
>>4073862
Tried to do Rayman 100% but I resorted to using the 99 lives cheat to top up my lives. The later levels aren't even fun hard, they're just badly designed.
>>
Kid Chameleon (an endurance test really)
Punch Out
>>
Beaten:
Metroid (NES)
Puss 'N Boots (NES - fuck the last boss)
Battletoads (Rare Replay)

Gave Up:
Castlevania (NES)
Contra Hard Corps
Almost any SHMUP I've tried. I don't have the patience.
>>
Beaten: I could name many I think, but recently the hardest one I've "completed" (and I use quotes to not trigger stgnerds) was X Multiply, an R-Type simil shooter by Taito from '89. Played it on Saturn. Great controls, level design, and body horror-themed art direction, along with dark, suffocating soundtrack full of minor key melodies with industrial-ish monotonous beats. It's really one hell of a ride, but the last level can go fuck itself in the ass. I didn't 1cc it, but at one point I could clear the first 6 stages without getting hit. Then level 7 came with its bullshit. I endured through its toughness and eventually became rather efficient at it, to the point of beating the whole level without getting hit, I memorized the fucker, and the Final Boss' first form is honestly rather easy, almost braindead I'd say, but then it divides into 6 fuckers with random patterns and if you lose, it's back to the very beginning of the level, all over again, only level without checkpoint.
Anyway, enjoyable, I just stopped playing after seeing the credits, don't think I'll ever 1cc it but who knows, I might play it again later.
Gave up: Not exactly gave up, but I couldn't beat the hard mode in S&P. I realized the level that fucked me the most was 2-2, probably the best level on the game, but also the hardest and longest. It's a very long level, and it doesn't have any rest, you're constantly shooting, deflecting, jumping, double jumping, dodging and rolling.
I decided to start playing the stage select mode, which only allows 1 life in one of the stages. To this day I still can't make it in one single life. Probably if I tried to play the arcade mode now, I think I have chances of beating the whole game. I wouldn't lose or get hit nearly as much anymore, I've gotten better. But stage 2-2 still kicks my ass, it's a tough endurance test. I keep playing that level alone, over and over, until I master it.
>>
>>4073862
>Beaten: Ghosts n Goblins (both rounds)

The casualized NES version, or the arcade game?
>>
>>4073862
Beaten: not sure which would be considered the most difficult so I'll name a few: SMB trilogy on nes, Lost Levels on All Stars, Little Nemo, Yo Noid!

I don't really ever give up. I will stop playing a game if it isn't very fun or interesting, but I will come back to almost all others every few years if I'm not able to beat it. I would say the one I have been stuck on the longest that I have made the least progress on is Battle Toads. I can easily beat turbo tunnels, but the furthest I have made it without warps is Ragnarok's Inferno (or whatever it's called), which is only like halfway through the game.
>>
>>4074520
The casualized NES version.
>>
>>4073862
>Castlevania 3
That's the hardest game I've beaten, though I played the easier JP version.
Working on Dracula X now.
>>
Somehow managed to 1cc Thunder Force III once. I've been trying on TFIV for ages but the desert level always kicks my shit in.
>>
>>4073862
Hardest:

Ghost N Goblins
Last level of Ninja Gaiden

Gave up:

Battletoads. I couldn't even get past the third level though the farthest I ever got was drunk off my ass in front of friends
>>
>Ghostbusters 2 (NES)
I beat it as a kid. After the first time I beat it easily a few more times. I tried it again recently and I think I got up to the last few levels before losing.

Also beat TMNT and Rocky and Bullwinkle for NES.
>>
>>4073862
Darius III
>>
>>4073862
>Beat

Batman for NES

>Gave up

Ninja Gaiden... all of them.
>>
beaten
abes oddysee (start to finish)
abes exodus (as above)
ps1 mgs (saving meryl)

gave up on:
(as a kid)
abes oddysee (just used to go through the level select cheat)
rascal
crash bandicoot 3 (105% run)
I fucking hated the relic shit
(currently replaying it, so far at 95% complete)
>>
no death-
Ninja Gaiden
Castlevania
Super Mario Bros (harder to no-death than the 2 above)
Milon's Secret Castle - up to 6th loop on Jap version

no continues:
Dracula X (Snes)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (might be harder to no-death than the first but easier game overall if played normally)

continues used:
Castlevania 3
Ghosts and Goblins (Arcade and NES)

Gave up on:
Battletoads
>>
>>4073862

I mean.. it's not retro but I did DMC3 SSS All Missions No Damage Dante Must Die without a break or resets, That was a fun day.

But that was back in Highschool when I had the time to sit down and practice video games.

I guess I've done some of the harder games like Ninja Gaiden 3 and Castlevania 3, and a full 2 loops of GnG.

>Gave Up
I quit Faria: A world of mystery and danger at the final dungeon because I refused to fucking grind to get a sword capable of damaging enemies.
>>
>>4073931
>seeing the end of Tetris
Which version? The GB is pretty easy to see the end of.
>>
>>4074496
>but recently the hardest one I've "completed" (and I use quotes to not trigger stgnerds) was X Multiply, an R-Type simil shooter by Taito from '89.
>X Multiply, an R-Type simil shooter by Taito from '89.
You already triggered with that one, just takes 5 seconds in google man.
>>
>>4084263
Brainfart, I meant Irem.
>>
>>4073957
I think he was saying he hasn't beaten any, but hasn't given up either. Not that there aren't any hard games, just that he's not a completionist.
>>
Probably Ecco.

CVIII eludes me yet
>>
>>4074025

>First part of the last level

You can just strut past
>>
Beaten: Super Hexagon
Given up: Contra
>>
Beaten:
7th Saga (US)
Adventures of Bayou Billy
Equinox

Gave up:
3D World Runner
Mystery Quest
Kirby's Pinball Land (I can beat Contra games without dying but can't even beat one level of this)
Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (unfair jank)
>>
beaten: ABUSE on the second highest difficulty
gave up: ABUSE on the highest difficulty, extreme
worst part is that it was the final level I couldn't beat
the final fight is not just hard but confusing as hell
it's a cover-less pit with multiple giant super versions of the normal ant enemies, except they seem to randomly teleport in and out of the room, or "phase out" and turn invisible, and it's not clear when my weapons are doing damage
I was able to beat it before by just spraying all my saved up ammo and sprint-hopping like a madman, but no dice on Extreme setting
there must be some trick I'm missing, but I could never find help online and the fight is just weird
>>
>>4073929
I've actually beaten this game without dying once
>>
>>4085074
Every single time I try, either the giant bats change their pattern and knock me into a pit, or shoot fireballs. Occasionally I get lucky and get by, or I sit there and continue until I get past it, but that spot always gives me issues.

>>4085110
>Beaten:
>Equinox
Bayou Billy is some shit, but godDAMN! I've beaten Solstice, but it's nowhere on Equinox's level.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.