[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of Live A Live? I was going through old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: file.jpg (16KB, 250x135px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
16KB, 250x135px
What does /vr/ think of Live A Live?
I was going through old SNES RPGs I missed and I heard a few mentions of this
>>
>>4071453
I like how the caveman story only has one word of dialogue
>>
>>4071640
Didn't really need icons for that plot which was basically "I see a sexy cavegirl and I wanna fug".
>>
>>4071453
Anyways...

The mecha route is an adventure game with no fighting except the boss fight and an optional arcade game within a game. Theme feels a bit like a mix of Alien and Space Odessy 2001.

The cowboy route is short but fun. Just set up some traps and fight a boss battle, then you choose whether you want to kill your nemesis/bounty hunter.

The Kung Fu route is basically a rip off of Enter The Dragon. You also get to pick which student survives and becomes the main character in the final route. Nice music too.

The future/giant robo route is long but quite easy and boring imho. Take note that you should keep some of the robot accessories on Akira, so he can pass them on to the Robo in the final route, to unlock some skills.

The Street Fighter-ish route is probably the 2nd hardest? It's short but you have to figure out the weskness of each opponent to win. And the final boss requires a bit of luck to avoid one of his more powerful attacks.

Ninja route is rather tricky. If you go stealth, you'll probably need a walkthrough(inb4 walkthrough are for fags and cheats and butthurt) , and it would make the endgame harder as your level won't be quite as high. If you trick to kill everything for the XP and equipment, it's also rather tough like the Street Fighter route.

One of the places you fall into is also incredibly hard to get out of without using a emulator to throttle the speed. You need to kill off a bunch of spirit in succession before they regen, to escape a certain dungeon.

Odio/Medievil Route is probably the favorite of a certain political board because they enjoy their rage over cuckoldry. Kek.
>>
>>4071859
> It's short but you have to figure out the WEAKNESS of each opponent to win
>If you TRY to kill everything for the XP and equipment, it's rather tough like the Street Fighter route.
>>
>>4071859
>tfw you get cucked but it's okay because now you have an excuse to erase reality
>>
>>4071872
>>4071859
He isn't a cuck though.
>>
>>4071453
I love it.
It's unlike everything you've played before and similar to everything you played before simultaneously.
>>
>>4071453
loved it
>>
>>4071453
Individual scenarios tend to be great, only exceptions are possibly mecha and wrestling. Final episode though? Even at the best ending it feels like it was tacked on last minute.

Also holy fuck why does Lei not have more lewds?
>>
Cowboy > Roboto > Caveman > Ninja > the rest
>>
>>4072746
Wrestler > Cowboy > Kung Fu > rest
>>
File: 63065067_p0_master1200.jpg (81KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
63065067_p0_master1200.jpg
81KB, 600x360px
>>4071453
I like it but it is a game that really can't be replayed. The scenarioes are quite interesting from a gameplay perspective, or at least all except the mecha and sci fi, but can feel tedious upon repeat. My main problem lies in that I personally find some of sections to be too tedious. Although I love sci fi the lack of gameplay in the sci fi chapter makes it a drag to replay, and the story isn't really interesting being 2001 and alien combind. I always see people say they don't like the final chapter but I quite enjoyed it. The weird twistef world full felt really original and I enjoyed the non linearity in finding each person's dungeon. Overall I like it but it could have used some more thought. I would really love amodern rpg with a similar premise.

Also I find it pretty amusing how despite Yun being the "canon" pupil that is more pushed on you everyone has basically pushed Lei as the true pupil. I was browsing pixiv for fanart and every group shot has Lei in it without Yun or Samo. Speaking of pixiv I surprised to see it apparently has over 2,500 pieces of fanart on there. I never knew it was that popular, for a single game I was impressed.
>>
>>4072803
To be fair, he's kinda shit. You either go with Li for the waifu pick or Sammo for the actually good character.
>>
File: 7145789_p0_master1200.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7145789_p0_master1200.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>4073017
Lei is the good pick though. Yun dies easily and Sammo is slow as fuck. Lei is the balanced one and honestly with how combat works in LaL being balanced is better then the pros Yun or Sammo has. Honestlybshe may be the best character overall, Sunset maybe better with how broken Hurricane Shot is but he shit HP as well. I think people just preffer her since without her it would be all men.
>>
>>4073017
>>4073070
No. Yun has the best overall stats once you've trained him up in the endgame. Sammo is a tank while Lei has the best speed(not as good Sunset of course)
>>
>>4073560
https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/562650-live-a-live/faqs/16730
See *** TRAINING section.
>>
>>4073560
My bad. Sunset's speed is lower.
>>
>>4071453
I enjoyed the different scenarios by themselves. All of then were at least passable, and more than half were really fun to play (I enjoyed the ninja scenario a lot).

The 8th story (the one you unlock after beating everyone) had excellent story and delivery. The very last scenario after that was a bit weak. I liked the fact you could go fully in either direction of the story, but from the good guy perspective it felt kind of rushed and not well thought out.

I still very much enjoyed playing the game and would strongly recommend any person that likes RPGs/story driven games to play it, it's well worth the experience
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.