[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>way more game than FFTictacs >larger maps >larger squads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tacticsogre.jpg (337KB, 800x902px) Image search: [Google]
tacticsogre.jpg
337KB, 800x902px
>way more game than FFTictacs
>larger maps
>larger squads
>90% of abilities in the remaster are ham-fisted
>magic is actually useful

I like this game, but what a fucking cocktease of an ability system. 10 slots and the ability list in 90% separate ranks and/or so hyperspecific that it kills the point of adding an ability system to the game (augment elements, each school of magic requires a separate ability slot).

So much of this PSP remaster left me wondering "what were they thinking" compared to the SNES version.
>>
>>4070223
Hope at some point to go for Tactics Ogre.
Should I go for snes or psp port?
>>
>>4070235
The SNES version is fucking brutal, and you can feel how dated it is. However, I would consider the PSP version to be too easy, but very enjoyable nonetheless. I found the added ability system to be underdeveloped and disappointing, but the game is still good.

It's almost as good as FFTactics. If the ability system was more competent, then the PSP remake would be a clear winner in my eyes. The game is also a fan of "this new class is just like this old class you've been using, but better in every way".
>>
>>4070242
>The SNES version is fucking brutal, and you can feel how dated it is
Games don't age reeeeee
>>
>>4070281
Not the dude but if someone use word dated, its not because the game got old, its because there have been multiple improvements to the system used in game and person who experienced them can tell that particular solutions are less refined than their modern counterparts.

/cptobvious
>>
>>4070223
larger maps and squads just make an already easy game slow and boring
the class system is also retarded
The only thing I like over the original is the ability to flee from battles
>>
what about the ps1 version?
>>
>>4070298
Can't say. I played the SNES version back in the day and played the PSP port when it came out. I don't even know what's different about the PS1 port.
>>
>mfw this game is better than FFT but FFT is more popular

Fuck this tranny earth. Anyone who prefers FFT or TO should have all of their loved ones brutally murdered in front of them and then locked in a dungeon for eternity. There is no excuse, no goddamn excuse, that anyone claiming to be a strategy game enthusiast have passed this one up

And makes me just want to punch my head in frustration
>>
>>4070223
I got this game a few years back for the playstation, and I just can't get into it

I loved FFtactics, so I figured I'd like this, but it's just kinda weird and opaque. I don't really get how it all works (but then I've barely tried). I also don't like how it looks or how the menus work. Especially the footsoldiers; they look like penises. Why does my huge golem suck at melee combat? Why can't I spin the damn camera to see what the terrain on the others side of this house looks like so I know what the fuck is going on with my guy?

I won't say it's a bad game because I haven't played it enough to judge.
>>
>>4070223
>>90% of abilities in the remaster are ham-fisted

Not /vr/ . Fuck off.
>>
>>4071848
>tripfags

Its the same game except few more gameplay elements were added.
You retarded or something?
>>
>>4071853
theres no tripcode, get ur shit together
>>
>>4071848
Remakes/ports are allowed on this board.

Dumb namefag doesn't even know the board's rules.
>>
>>4071848
Embarrassing. Summer namefags go and stay go.
>>
File: s9AGeh3.png (187KB, 403x466px) Image search: [Google]
s9AGeh3.png
187KB, 403x466px
>fagtics ogre faggots take a break from making everyone an archer to try to shit on the superior tactics game
>>
>>4070223

I sure hope you aren't implying magic is bad in FFT.
>>
Is there a reason why some of my units do pathetically low damage, many cases just 1 point, when they are equally leveled with the enemy and have str 2, etc skills?

Should I even bother using ninjas or rouges?
>>
>>4072486
crushing damage is best damage
give hammers to your frontliners
alternatively learn weapon skills that use tp for damage instead of accuracy
ninjas with steelstance rule, rogues with sneak attack are also pretty good
focus on elemental weapons later on
>>
>larger maps
More time to waste the first 2 turns until forces clash

>larger squads
More time to waste the first 2 turns until forces clash

>90% of abilities in the remaster are ham-fisted
The worst are the TP abilities, which belong in FFXI, not a tactics game

I do like this, especially after I played the abortion called FF15

Aesthetically the PSP remake is far far superior to the SNES/PS1 version, but they managed to introduce retarded gameplay mechanics at the same time, which makes it neither better nor worse than the original (or even FFT).
>>
>>4072762
>FF15
>magic not useful
I know this board's gimmick is to hate everything modern but get real.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.