[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of trying this out, but I'm wary of the Party AI.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: dw4nes.jpg (62KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
dw4nes.jpg
62KB, 500x556px
Thinking of trying this out, but I'm wary of the Party AI. Is this a non-issue during gameplay or does it frequently screw the player over?
>>
DW1
>>Cakewalk with some annoying dungeon moments.
DW2
>>Mmm comfy
DW3
>>Where the fuck do I go now... and what the fuck am I supposed to do with this item?
DW4
>>Welcome to AssRapeVille. Here's your complementary lube.
>>
File: tumblr_n8027uKwVu1tzojw0o1_1280.jpg (877KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8027uKwVu1tzojw0o1_1280.jpg
877KB, 1280x1810px
>>4070089
I have played this version twice and can say for sure that the party AI is surprising smart. Honestly I was impressed even, they typically were pretty smart in their actions. Don't get me wrong, there were a few moments they did something kind of stupid but this was pretty rare. The only real goof is that Cristo/Kiryl likes to cast instant death spells on bosses, which can never work. This goof has become quite famous, even in other games he appears the y make fun if this.
>>4070105
Did we play the same games? DQII is considered by many the absolute most difficult game in the series by far. Sure you have stuff like God in DQVII but DQII is fucking brutal. DQIV is probably the easiest overall of the NES games too, even with AI characters your party is quite strong and everyone is able to pull their weight. Alena is admitably even a little overpowered in my opinion though that's just one reason she's so great.
>>
>>4070089
The AI can sometimes make better decisions than the player, like when one party member suffers heavy damage and another heals him right after.
I played later games with AI too, for the most part I'm too lazy to give orders.
>>
File: DQIV_V_Jump_Art.png (1MB, 814x900px) Image search: [Google]
DQIV_V_Jump_Art.png
1MB, 814x900px
>>4070089
This>>4070156

I think that most people stay away from IV when they hear that they can't control the party members besides the hero.
>>
Honestly the AI problem only really affects Cristo who goes full retard after learning beat (instant death attack that NEVER, EVER works) and starts casting it over and over again. It's a shame as Cristo has good stats, can wear good equipment and would have useful healing magic on top of that but goes full retard after learning this single spell.

As for other characters AI actually is pretty good but if you really want to reduce the effects of bad AI sinple use a party made up all-melee characters like Ragnar and Alena and have the hero take on the role of healer in battles.
>>
>>4070273
Buy a Staff of Punishment from Small Island and equip it to Cristo. His Beat retardation is instantly cut by half.
>>
>>4070273
Beat and defeat are actually pretty nice, it's a good feeling when 3 green dragons block your way and are promptly removed with a single spell. For boss fights it's better to pick Ragnar, Alena and Taloon though.
>>
>>4070156
>DQII is fucking brutal.
On the original NES/famicom version maybe, but I've replayed it on the SNES remake and the GBC remake and i can't recall a single time it was much harder than the other games.
>>
>>4070247
in the ds port you can
>>
>>4071445
We are talking about the NES version.
>>
>>4070089
From memory the AI won't let you die or anything and actually cheat and decide their actions on the spot instead of at the start of the round like when you're in control, giving them a huge advantage. The only real problem and it is a sort of big one is
>Christo casts Beat!
>But boss immune to Beat does not die!
>Christo casts Beat!
>Christo casts Beat!
>Christo casts Beat!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.