[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to try pic related for the first time. Tips for a beginner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Going to try pic related for the first time. Tips for a beginner?
>besides the stuff in the manual, ok
>>
>>4069107

TRADER GUIDE (Ali)

>carpets from instabul trade with art from athens
>bu used venetian galeass
>only needs 45 crew all set to navigate
>No guns max cargo space
>trade trade trade
>get enough money to do the madeira gold lubeck silver market manipulation trick
>max out money
>use money to invest inports
>investing in ports develops their economy (means they offer more stuff to trade sometimes) and gives trader fame while making them loyal to your country (good if war breaks out)
>it pisses off other countries when you invest in their ports so do it sparingly and stick to mainly neutral ports
>you can invest 50k in the trading market and another 50k the ship yard each month (can repeat at the first of the month regardless)
>win game

PIRATE GUIDE(Catalina, Otto)

>Get galleon
>upgrade to venetian galeass as soon as possible
>400 crew
>don't even bother with guns
>set crew to 100% combat immediately before you attack
>melee the enemy flagship but do not board it
> win battles
>get fame
>advance plot
>win game

If you want to challenge yourself, you can get good at duels. its like rock paper scissors - look it up. But basically get the best equipment you can (sword and armor) board ships and challenge the enemy commodore to a duel. Do this with with low combat level merchant fleet commodores at first until you get experience. The best equipment is the Crusader armor at riga, and Crusader sword at Timbuktu found in the item shops at 2 am (stores offer an extra item in some places at 2 am you can tell the lady at the inn to wake you up for that). They are expensive, the money is best earned by trading.You only need this to take down the strongest military convoys and pirates. (I never bother with managing a fleet, or guns just max one ship out with crew and melee or duel to death - you need the max crew you can get to force your way on bard and force a duel).
>>
You have to play Joao Franco for your first play through. His storyline is the default one
>>
>>4069354

ADVENTURER(Pitero,Joao, Mercator)

Sign up with a map guild and discovery guild before leaving Europe (Mercator is already assigned a map guild and pietro a discovery guild by the story).

You will make your first discoveries by sailing down the Nile. Sell them back to your discovery patrons and buy a new ship - or follow the story and trade a bit.

The ships you will want to trade up to are the carrack or the nao(roughly 40 days at sea each) you will want about 10% of the crewon look out, 90% on navigation.

These are both good for the first 40% of the game.

The two other ships you may want to move on to are the the trireme rowing ships (because the wind stops or slows at sea some times and can fuck you over)venetian galeass cargo space for food and water and the LaReale excellent speed - simply the best ship for adventurers.

the La Reale is a special ship that can only be built by investing a port (look up the special ships)

Then just sail around the globe and press select now and then, and gradually map out the world and stop at villages and give them food - the highest friendship level with villagers you should ever need is 55 most can be found with 15. There is only one discovery per village.

You can land anywhere (just like landing at a village) and find water. Food is hard to come by so be careful. You will want to get a cat. i know you can get them in Cairo (sail around the horn of Africa) and china. Rat poison might do (they eat your food). Lime juice prevents scurvy (monitor your sailors health with L and R and simply fire them all and hire new when they get sickly). Undeveloped ports with shitty economies produce less sailors.So keep this in mind. You can hire once a day. And go to the inn wake up at 5 pm head to the cafe and do it again - sailors on adventures get attacked by monsters and run off with the natives, and it gets rather frustrating at times.

Selling discoveries and reporting to your cartographer guild get you fame and cash.
>>
>>4069368

You will be hopping back and forth to Europe to report in and get paid.

Adventurers need the best figureheads they can get (lowers they effect of disasters and storms at sea and making discoveries). Buy balms as well, as they are protection against storms. Storms happen frequently around west africa and the carribean so hug the coast and land immediately when they break out and wait them out, then stop at the next port and get your ship fixed immediately (I never bother with lumber, either as storms tend to happen in places with ports nearby, the exception being the atlantic off the coast of west africa and the super rare pacific storm, where you can't fucking land to fix your ship anyway ).

Oh and fame advances the story line once you hit fame milestones new parts of the plot will happen.
>>
>>4069372

That's the entire game. I've finished it about 20 times.
>>
Alternatively to lime juice, just stop sailing once you're about 60 days at sea. That's when you stop gaining sailing EXP anyway.
>>
>>4069359

For added joy play the first game first, you'll know more about Joao's family history.
>>
>>4069368
The fuck? Don't upgrade to a Nao or a Carrack if you're playing one of the adventurers. You're way better off using a light galley until you can snag a used or new La Reale somewhere - the money from a good discovery run will let you tech straight up to it, while the galley is already the third best ship for adventuring in the first place.

There are 5 discoveries that give 10 ingots, although I don't think you can get more than two to spawn per game:
Moai on Easter Island
Moa on New Zealand
Dodos east of Madagascar
Mammoths and Sabertooth Tigers to the northwest of Greenland at the ice cap. They share the same village so you can only get one per game, as far as I know.

DO NOT accept requests from your king if you're one of the adventurers. Adventuring fame is annoying as fuck to grind and turning discoveries in there both loses you the money and fame that you'd get if you turned them into one of the patrons.

Oh yeah, and while the other two adventurers have no combat in their scenarios, that's not true for Joao - snag the Blue Crescent from Zeiton/Changan and a suit of full plate from Copenhagen so you've got cheap but effective equipment and keep a battle worthy ship moored so you can recommission it and recruit whenever the game needs you to fight.
>>
File: new-horizons-20090406094002550.jpg (202KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
new-horizons-20090406094002550.jpg
202KB, 480x268px
OP here, thanks gents!

Looking forward to playing a game that doesn't require me to Crush My Enemies and See Them Driven Before Me so much. Kind of just want to feel that 16-bit innocence vibe.

Music in this game is cozy af also, damn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_LfQUu7m6o
>>
>>4069897
Tropical Port is maximum comfort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRj1ffSBdE&list=PLB1FFDAF0269973D6&index=15
>>
>>4069107
Love this game
>>
>>4069897
>Music in this game is cozy af also, damn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVKaGV2ZnmA
>>
>>4069897
Try Costa del Sol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMxD6JNV1A
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.