[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't browse this board as often as I used to, and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
I don't browse this board as often as I used to, and have forgotten all of the nuances to the older games. Does /vr/ support Super Mario All-Stars? I remember vr making several arguments against it stating that Nintendo fucked the physics system in the original games, however I can't even remember if vr was arguing against this game or some other Mario collection.
>>
>>4068930
I like it. I never noticed any physics changes in it. I thought it was just a tile swap.
>>
Only SMB1/Lost Levels, and the physics change is only noticeable if you speedrun the games.
>>
>>4068936
Didnt that one black guy at AGDQ speedrun both versions? He was funny.
>>
File: 1471661430458.gif (2MB, 458x334px) Image search: [Google]
1471661430458.gif
2MB, 458x334px
So speaking of not coming here often, I just learned that Nintendo purged emuparadise of all of their roms. What to do...
>>
>>4068946
get out the internet you incompetent fuck
>>
>>4068946
>2017
>not downloading No Intro
You only have yourself to blame
>>
I've always felt the physics were just off from the NES versions enough to screw me up
>>
>>4068987
>No Intro
what does no intro have to do with anything?
>>
>>4068930
>I remember /vr/ making several arguments against it stating that Nintendo fucked the physics system in the original games
no you remembered correctly

those kinda of people love to be fixated on small differences that way they can call this and that shit and get into petty little arguments with people about how something should be enjoyed and that purism is something worth caring about it. yes the differences are there
>>
>>4068946

is so difficult to find a romset? They are around 1GB, how hard can it be to download?
>>
>>4068936
Those two games it's quite obvious really fast if you go right back and forth between NES and All-Stars. I honestly feel like there's something wrong with 3 too but I'm probably just imagining it.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (17KB, 245x162px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif
17KB, 245x162px
>>4068930
>>4069302

Thanks to the predictable magicks of Internet counter-contrarian contrarianness, there's this meme going on about only speedrunner autists noticing the gameplay inconsistencies; I'm not denying part of those credentials may apply to myself, but I've played through SMB1 only a handful of times and it IS extremely noticeable. Never noticed anything particularly dramatic with 2 USA or 3, even though I played those way more back in the day.

It's not even "physics" as such anyway; it's a one-time fuckup in the code that messes up the vertical speed reversal that should happen when you break a block. There's even this rom patch around that fixes it, and the author acknowledges he barely had to change one line of code.
>>
>>4068930
>>4068936
There's a patch for that:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/167/
>>
>>4069429
How could they fuck up something so simple
>>
Were those physics fixed in Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World?
>>
>>4070258
Simple fuckups are far more common (and are via snowballing often the cause of) major fuckups
Major fuckups are generally obvious; if mario was fucking purple someone would call foul, if a gameplay element literally failed to work it would be obvious, but in an entire multigame compilation it's pretty damned easy for someone to accidently an entire line of code
>>
>>4068940
Big Jon?
>>
>>4070584
It was not fixed in ANY release, even the VC ones. That's why, to this day, there's no real confirmation of whether it was actually a bug they are unwilling to ever acknowledge or an actually intentional change. But since SMB3's bricks still bounce you back down, the latter is kind of unlikely.
>>
>>4068936
The funny thing is, no one ever lists the specific change to the physics.

People are just parrots.
>>
>>4070694
I'm pretty sure >>4069429
somehow got shorthanded to "physics."
>>
>>4070704
Nah, most people don't know the physics change.
That guy obviously does, and so does the guy who posted the brick, and some others.
But many people on the topic honestly do not know.
I hate to use the word, but sheeples.
>>4069307
All of Nintendo is purged. NES is easy to find, but I'm having a feeling specific gamecube games will be harder to find
>>
>>4070671

one of my favorites. his commentary is always top notch.
>>
>>4070258

It was a misplaced minus sign. Breaking a block is supposed to push mario down (−y direction) and instead it sucks you up (+y direction). It's a simple, tiny mistake and easily patched.
>>
https://youtu.be/FMebFNpk69o
>>
>>4071162
le wow AESTHETIC glitch XD so random desu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.