[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't there a Zyuranger version of this for Japan even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Why wasn't there a Zyuranger version of this for Japan even though it was made by Japanese developers? Most of the game wasn't even during the events of the movie and even the stages that were most of the movie tie in stuff were things that could've just had their sprites edited. In fact why are there hardly any Sentai games in general?
>>
File: famicom_ranger.jpg (310KB, 1200x827px)
famicom_ranger.jpg
310KB, 1200x827px
Yeah, it's weird. There are sentai video games in Japan though, not sure how good are they.
I had MMPR The Movie on SNES, seems like it was a different game than the Genesis version.
Best Power Rangers game is Fighting Edition, which Natsume later used as the basis to make Gundam Wing Endless Duel.
>>
>>4068296
>There are sentai video games in Japan though, not sure how good are they.
Yeah but they are pretty few and far between each other meanwhile there were a bunch of Power Ranger games which seemed odd to me since Sentai is such an iconic franchise and it could make for a really easy double dip. Guess toy sales are just too good to really bother. That being said I did play the Carranger game a few years ago and it's pretty ok however it has a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evpBLS6Z5VA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8ftdttw7k
>>
>>4068296
Sentai is for children too young to play games.
>>
>>4068282
This version is absolutely better than the snes one. All helmets are different and there's plenty of zords and movie, while the snes is just ooze as final boss and white ranger. Shout out to game gear version, tries to be like Genesis and everyone has different moves plus the giant mode cheat code.
>>
>>4068359
Zyuranger was definitely kid-oriented, but the very previous season was much more general audience and well-liked by a variety of age groups. There was even an adult-oriented novel retelling of the show. Even then, even Power Rangers isn't Teletubbies.
>>
>>4068282
the snes version was way worse
>>
>>4068282
>Why wasn't there a Zyuranger version of this for Japan even though it was made by Japanese developers?

A few reasons, I imagine. The biggest reason being that the Genesis movie game combines Zords and suits from Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kakuranger. An adaptation would require either many new sprites or an other worldly team-up plotline that'd make no sense. Only the MMPR S2 flashback Zord fights could be directly adapted into a Sentai game without modification.

Another reason is because this game released when all three of the above Sentai were outdated. Japan was airing Ohranger at the time, so even a Kakuranger game would be considered old. Also in 1995, the Saturn was released in Japan, not to mention the Mega Drive never did that well over in Japan, so I'm sure sales for a Kakuranger game would have been terrible. And that's a best case scenario. Zyuranger would have sold worse (older and "meh" season). And while Dairanger is way better than either season, I'm not sure it'd sell on Mega Drive in 1995, either.

Finally, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie was released in Japan! So, if they were going to do a Japanese release on an outdated console, I'm sure a quick translation is about all they'd be willing to do. Why waste hundreds of hours remixing the game when it could already pass it as an MMPR game? The SNES MMPR game released in Japan, so it wouldn't have been the first game to do it.
>>
File: 03200_2.jpg (30KB, 317x480px) Image search: [Google]
03200_2.jpg
30KB, 317x480px
>>4068282
> In fact why are there hardly any Sentai games in general?

I am pissed than Megaranger/In Space was never adapted into a video game. The Sentai where the rangers get their power from a video game never got a video game of its own! And In Space was the most popular Power Rangers season after MMPR for a long time. The closest thing I could find is pic related, the In Space Digizord. The minigames are basic and the it is basically useless without a second zord to fight, but I love seeing Tamagotchi sprites of the Rangers and Zords.
>>
>>4068282
Imo, the Genesis version gets boring really fast and this is coming from someone that loves beat 'em-ups. Personally, I prefer the variated level design of the SNES version.

I'd rather play Streets of Rage than both games, though.

>In fact why are there hardly any Sentai games in general?
Dunno but tokusatsu series like Kamen Rider have lots of games.
>>
While MMPR was relevant in the states, Zyuranger had long been phased out.
>>
>>4068372
And Jetman even got a game.
>even Power Rangers isn't Teletubbies.
Super Sentai isn't Power Rangers.
>>
I wonder why Sentai has never gotten any love in the form of videogames when compared to Kamen Rider. Rider even got those crossover games with Gundam and Ultraman.
>>
>>4068317
twist?d fucking psychop?th
>>
>>4068796

Sentai used to be included as well sometimes on famicom.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.