[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone actually own one of these? What do you think? My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does anyone actually own one of these? What do you think? My connector is iffy, even with occasionally cleaning, boiling, bending, etc.

How good is it? Will I finally be able to get my copy of Dr. Chaos to work?
>>
>>4064401
considered it but waiting for a cheaper one.

there is no reason for it to include a lockout chip on the board when if needed you can just lift a pin on the board of the nes.

then it would be a simple adapter and wouldn't cost $30-40 or whatever it costs.
>>
>>4064405
I actually took care of the pin myself. But I have trouble reading carts anyways. I can't always get them to work. And some I can't get playing at all.
>>
I just cleaned and rebent the pins in my original 72-pin. It'll read carts without pushing them down now. Didn't even need to disable the 10NES.
>>
Don't know about the product itself but at this point I wouldn't really want to give my money to them.

A few months ago I actually tried ordering one of them from their site but their site seemed to have a problem with paypal at the moment since the redirection to paypal's site for the actually payment process always claimed it received invalid payment parameters from the site I was redirected from.

Tried mailing them and they didn't get back to me for ~2 weeks. They basically said they'd look into it and then get back to me.
Never heard from them since.
>>
File: IMG_3863.jpg (288KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3863.jpg
288KB, 1600x1066px
>>4064401
Yes i own one, i particulary purchased one because even when i did the trick of boiling and re-force the pins on the connector, my famicom games coudlnt work with an adapter cause i had to still push down.

Also the fact that larger Famicom carts like the Black Jaleco carts (pic related) didnt fit in the original tray.
>>
I use one. It's alright, but the system gets a pretty tight grip on earlier NES cartridges. So far it's consistently working though.
>>
>>4064401
>Does anyone actually own one of these? What do you think?
>How good is it?

1 of 2.

Yes. I own two of them.

The first units that went out were tight and grippy AF. Very difficult to remove some games. Most of those units are now gone. There was a free recall and swapover. Most of the YouTube review videos available are of the original units, not the post-recall units.

The PCB mentions a Revision number. Very early units were marked Rev 1. Those ones had a daughterboard for the anti-lockout chip. The original traces for the intended anti-lockout chip are unpopulated. They were tight AF. These were mostly recalled.

The next PCB was marked Rev 2. These have a on-board anti-lockout chip. These can either have the original tight connector OR the newer less-tight one. There is no visual way to tell if it has the older or newer connector onboard.
>>
>>4066443
2 of 2.
If you buy one now from the manufacturer, it will be the less-grippy model. If you buy one second-hand, it could be anything.

The newer units are less grippy, but just as reliable. It still requires some force to remove carts, it's not ZIF no more!

One of mine has loosened quite nicely. Leave a thicker game in the system when you are not playing it. The other one I own has seen almost no use, has been empty and is still as tight as when purchased.

I have NEVER had a game not read! Every game loads up perfectly on the first attempt. In fact, it makes it so reliable that even hitting or moving the console has no effect on the game. This is wonderful when having a party and the console gets knocked over.

Communication with the guy who makes them was near impossible during the Kickstarter phase. Leaving some to question if he had run off with the money (he didn't obviously). I don't know if that has improved, since I have had no need to contact him since the free recall in May of 2016.

I appreciate the 100% reliability, and also appreciate that it region-unlocks the console without having to clip the leg on the 10NES chip. The mod is also non-destructive, and can be totally reversed with no evidence it was ever there. Just hold on to the two original screws that you won't be needing after the mod (along with the original tray+connector).
>>
Yes I have one.

Went from a AV modded toploader that fucked up to a toaster which barely worked.

Boiled pins. Kind of fixed it.

The Blinking Light Win works really well. I would recommended it.

I do have to use a pair of pliers to get games out some times because its really tight, and you just don't have a lot of room with the shell on for leverage. I always just make sure to use a towel inbetween the pliers and cart to ensure theres no damage so don't get triggered.
>>
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll get one after rent is paid this month.
>>
my 72 pin is fine but I have horrible curvy lines on my screen, even with a DC plug. Dunno what to do
>>
>>4066443
Fuck and i own one of the super tight ones and i live outside of the US and i bet the recalls were long time ago.
>>
>>4066702
The recall was for the Kickstarter backers only. It was open to internationals.

The PCB was the only thing going back, it weighed only a few grams. It was cheap to send back.

He sent back the new ones free of charge. Even to internationals.

If you were a kickstarter backer, you should have opted for it. It was a favor for being a backer.

If you purchased off the website, there was no recall. Not many people had gotten theirs off the website before production switched to the better connector.

If you were a kickstarter backer that missed out, it couldn't hurt to ask them. Sending an email is free!
>>
Just scrub and bend your pins and disable your lockout chip, you don't need to pay for some shit like this in most cases.
>>
>>4066957
I have done so. And I still have issues. I think I could benefit from one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.