[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, my new job has a weird-ass 'split shift' system,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: lostvikings_01.jpg (411KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lostvikings_01.jpg
411KB, 1280x1024px
So, my new job has a weird-ass 'split shift' system, where you end up just with nothing to do for two hours. It's long enough for me to get bored, but too short for me to go home (Since I have an hour-long commute).

To deal with this, I've got emulators on my smartphone. SNES, GBA, etc, and I've been playing games during that time. Only problem is that the controls are pretty clumsy compared to something with actual buttons, so things like the Secret of Mana and A Link To The Past are a bit too hard to control. What are some good SNES or GBA games that don't require someone to be amazing at control? I ask because I recently beat pic related and now I don't have anything except the aforementioned 'too hard to control' games.
>>
>>4064343

Get a cheapo bluetooth controller. I got one for 15 bucks on amazon and it works great. I was playing mario 64 for a while with it. Honestly though, you're better off with a hacked PSP, emulating on my phone kills the battery incredibly fast
>>
File: shiren17951.png (26KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
shiren17951.png
26KB, 512x448px
>>4064343
Could be a good time to get into Roguelikes. They're turn based so awkward controls don't matter, but they're still good and challenging with lots of fun decisions to make.

Shiren is a good place to start. Great game but accessible to newcomers of the genre.
>>
>>4064415
Hot damn, I love me some roguelikes. I thought they were a PC-only thing.
>>
File: powmaxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
powmaxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>4064439
Not at all. There are some good mobile options. POWDER is fantastic, but there are even options for playing Nethack and other more normal ones mobile now too. I haven't been into Nethack in a while but I've heard good things.
>>
File: dq6snes_032[1].jpg (34KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
dq6snes_032[1].jpg
34KB, 256x223px
>>4064343
Any jrpg under the sun
>>
>>4064503
Tfw got to the last couple of levels on my GBA several times only for it to crash every single time. ;__;

The PSP version (althoug simply stretched to fit the screen) can make use of the additional face buttons, which is really handy in a roguelike like Powder (additional actions can be assigned). However, the latest Version had no downloadable build on the author's website.

Although strongly discouraged by the author, I went through the EXTREMELY painful process of compiling the source code of the latest version for PSP. Took me a day or two, but I guess I learned a bit about linux. I never played it.

I can upload it somewhere if there's interest.
>>
File: powDSCF3492.jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
powDSCF3492.jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>4064690
>However, the latest Version had no downloadable build on the author's website.

Really? I wonder if he took it down. The PSP version is mostly what I've played but the version is old. It's from before he released it on mobile platforms. So it's possible when he did that he took down some other older ones I guess.
>>
>>4064439
They aren't terribly common but quite a few are very good.

They are not retro, but the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are very good and the first one is on GBA; you should be able to emulate it no problem
>>
>>4064713
Nah, he kept developing and releasing it for most platforms, however he simply did not update the PSP port. You may have been missing out on essential features such as:

>Objects collapsing into meatballs now properly state if the result is multiple meatballs.
>Failing to forget no longer uses a turn.
>Frogs have a bonus to attack vs insects.

...and to think you've been missing out all this time!
>>
>>4064813
>>4064813
For shame, my experience is ruined! Actually now that I have a smartphone I should buy a version on there just to throw him a few bucks. It was still free when I got the version I had and played the fuck out of it.
>>
>>4065010
Huh? The Versions on ZincLand are still free of charge, as is the source code.

Are you referring to the iPhone version? What would the controls be like on that one?
>>
>>4064343
Never mind games, go for a jog instead. Your body will thank you.
>>
>>4065565
he said he can't go home, so he wouldn't be able to shower before his 2nd shift
>>
>>4064343
>So, my new job has a weird-ass 'split shift' system, where you end up just with nothing to do for two hours. It's long enough for me to get bored, but too short for me to go home (Since I have an hour-long commute).

Fucking pathetic, get a real job you worthless loser
>>
>>4066553
Sure, I'll just wait for you to make your own fast food instead of sitting in the drivethrough bitching.

It's my first job, and I don't have any experience.
>>
>>4064343
I was in a very similar situation once, and the type of games that I found best for that are Turn-based strategy games, a la fire emblem or advance wars. The two hours will fly before you notice, and you can just save and continue later without much commitment.
>>
>>4066642
Protip: SNES version of Civilization 1 or alternatively PS1 port of Civ II, although that one would need too many buttons.

Civ 1 on SNES has a nice and easy control scheme and is not too deep compared to later games in the series, juuuust right to play a turn or two or 50.
>>
>>4066738
not sure why I checked the spoiler flag there, it's just a screenshot.
>>
>>4065698
M8, I have a job where I have to serve customers and I frankly don't give a toss that I'm dripping with sweat when I come break from my lunchtime jog. Unless you have someone specific to impress your appearance in the workplace just does not matter.
>>
Can anyone recommend some good GBA/DSI emulate games? Preferably ones that aren't super timing reliant, or touch screen heavy. I dont really know where to start, I never had any gameboy.
>>
>>4066553
>So, my new job has a weird-ass 'split shift' system,
They probably do it like that so they can pay you less. In Australia, anything more than 7.5hrs/shift is paid as overtime at like 1.5x I think, and shifts are defined as being separate only with at least some number of hours between them, That's in addition to the 38hr/wk threshold. Splitting it into two shifts means they don't have to pay you for that half-hour of overtime.
>>
>>4068990
> good GBA/DSI emulate games?

not retro
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.