[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never seen a Macintosh games thread on here. Recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: _resize.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
_resize.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
I've never seen a Macintosh games thread on here.
Recently picked up an LC II and playing Prince of Persia and Oregon Trail. They're really nice versions it seems.
Any other Mac game recommendations? Preferably MacOS 7.5.3 or lower.
>>
>gaming on a mac
>>
>>4064000
Power Pete
Blood Bath
Dark Castle
Wolfenstein
Doom
Boom
Bubble Trouble
>>
>>4064001
pcuck mad?
>>
>>4064001
Attempting to, yep.
>>4064003
Thanks!
>>
>>4064000
Monkey island of course.
>>
Might and Magic 1-5
>>
>>4064000
SimCity 2000.
>>
>>4064001
Atleast Mac OS/System 1 - 7 actually had some games, granted most are clones
>>
File: 252px-Taskmaker_cover_art.jpg (34KB, 252x367px) Image search: [Google]
252px-Taskmaker_cover_art.jpg
34KB, 252x367px
Taskmaker
Taskmaker
Taskmaker
Taskmaker
Tomb of the Taskmaker
Realmz
Exile
Everything from Ambrosia Software
>>
>>4064003
BTW, this is a terrible list. Blood Bath sucks. Everyone knows Dark Castle. Power Pete will not run on an LC II, and neither will Doom or Wolf.

And if you do want to talk the type of games that will only run on PPC or 68040, then we can do that...

Escape Velocity
King of Dragon Pass
Quake, but I have yet to get it to work on old Macs anymore... Never enough memory to open the game sprockets control config windows.....
Battle Angel
Virtual Valerie
Total Distortion
After Dark (For Lunatic Fringe)
Aperion
Avera (are people still online for this?)
Marathon 1 and 2, and all the editing tools.
Warcraft 1 and 2
I could go on, but I'd have to pull out some old magazines and discs to remember all the shareware games....
>>
File: 1de.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1de.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>4064490
>Battle Angel

Never heard of this title for macintosh.

Please enlighten us.
>>
File: Pro-Pinball-Big-Race-USA-Demo_2.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pro-Pinball-Big-Race-USA-Demo_2.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
Just installed/played Pro pinball:Big Race USA on my PPC 550/225. OS 8.6
Ran smooth as good scotch.
Graphics were gorgeous for the age.
It was very fun.
>>
>>4065186
Those are some lush graphics for 1998.
Does anyone know what PPC emulation is like on an x86 PC?
>>4064000
Glider Pro is a classic must play.
>>
>>4064490
I think YOU are mistaken, I actually had a LC II and am sure that Wolf. and Power Pete works/worked on both
>>
Myth: The Fallen Lords from Bungie back when they were a Mac company
>>
>>4064943
My bad.... It's actually Battle Girl. Go Googling.
>>
Why do yanks like Apple shit?
>>
File: 232.png (162KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
232.png
162KB, 600x361px
>>4065683
Why do some Brits still pine over Acorn or Sinclair shit?

Because it's the computer many of our schools bought into so it was the first computer some of us learned to use.

Or because it's what our parents bought us and we'll be damned if we don't defend our shitbox to the death to all our peers.

Those of us who aren't autistic Apple whores, recognize the good of Apple and the shit.

Apple was a company that could produce some pretty reliable and easy to fix (though overpriced) computers. If you've ever worked on a IIgs or an Apple II you would know what I'm talking about.

But make no mistake, Apple is full of greedy self-righteous assholes and Steve Job is an autistic con-man who stole most of if not all his ideas. Most of the Apple fan-bois are sperg-tastic edgelords with more money than brains who would sooner beat them-selves to death with there own double-dildos than admit that there was always a machine available that beat out their precious rainbow fruit boxes and did it cheaper.

But there is something fun about working on something old and weird.
>>
>>4066152
Apple was always awesome. It was Jobs who fucked the company up. They used to make some good reliable machines, now they make boxes you're not allowed to look inside, running software that's slow and sucks.

But even before Jobs came back, Apple was incapable of committing to games. They'd hire people internally to help the game dev community, and in 1 year they'd quit or be fired because Apple decided games didn't matter again. Then they'd hire someone new a few weeks later to do the same damn thing. It was REALLY frustrating to deal with Apple as a game dev.

Basically, when they moved to OS X, I stopped being a rabid, insane, fuming Apple fan boi, and turned into a regular nerd. I immediately picked up Linux when OS X came out, and have never looked back.

The release of OS X was the end of Mac-exclusive games, basically. Even though I feel like I had found every Mac game ever, just walking through https://www.macintoshrepository.org/ shows how many amazing games were put out for Classic Mac OS. It really was a great platform.
>>
More games to play:

Ares https://www.macintoshrepository.org/7415-ares

Armor Alley

Asterax https://www.macintoshrepository.org/3045-asterax
>>
>>4064000
3 in Three
System's Twilight
Fool's Errand
At the Carnival
Crystal Caliburn
>>
Infotron is a strictly superior Mac port of Supaplex
>>
Mac OS(classic): Easy to use, Hard to master
Windows: Moderately easy to use, Moderatly difficult to master
DOS: Difficult to use, easy to master
Linux: Hard to use, Hard to master
OS/2: Lol wat?
OS X: Why even try?
>>
>>4064000
>>4064003
Dark Castle is awesome.
>>
>>4067302
OSX 10.6 and 10.7 were pretty awesome though.

Modern Apple does suck though.
Removing all ports in favor of 4 measly meme-teir USB-C ports is retarded, removing the headphone jack is retarded, and OSX Sierra forcing you to open up the setting panel to check a box every time you install a 3rd party application is incredibly irritating.
>>
Pathways into Darkness (the non-PPC one) will run on this okay - you may need to resize the view window a bit smaller. I actually played Marathon on an LC II in a tiny pixel-doubled postage stamp sized window with music and ceiling/floor textures disabled. Don't do that.
>>
mazeworld catacombs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OmUU6IAvHI
>>
>>4067765
Mazeworld: Abyss was my favorite
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/mazeworld-abyss

>>4066572
>>4067158
FWIW: macintoshrepository.org is 99% cut and pasted stuff from macintoshgarden.org, except that Garden doesn't have obnoxious download limits.
>>
>>4069717
I've not been to MG in years, and MR seems to have a ton of stuff I don't remember, so I was dazzled. Obviously, MG has gotten much better over the years.
>>
File: _resize.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
_resize.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
The only memory I have of playing a game on a Mac was having absolutely no idea what to do in number munchers in my kindergarten classroom.

I always liked the art style though and have really vivid memories of it
>>
File: hyper-girl.png (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hyper-girl.png
47KB, 640x480px
>>4065679
>tfw hyper-girl was never completed

http://macintoshgarden.org/games/hyper-girl
>>
File: taskmaker_screen.gif (22KB, 515x345px) Image search: [Google]
taskmaker_screen.gif
22KB, 515x345px
So OP, have you tried Taskmaker yet?
>>
>>4070726
Not yet.
I'll add it to my ever growing list, much appreciated for all the suggestions.
>>
File: Castle_Hall.png (842KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
Castle_Hall.png
842KB, 1000x769px
>>4071736
There's a sequel. Best RPG on the older systems, I think, before Realmz and Exile. Even the tutorial has secret passages.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.