[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what's a damn shame? The fact basically no one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 20749042_p0.jpg (100KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
20749042_p0.jpg
100KB, 500x700px
You know what's a damn shame? The fact basically no one knows about the metal max series. Let's get a fucking metal max thread going.

I've only played returns so I'm still new to the series but I loved it. What is your experience with the series /vr/?
>>
Got drunk. Scolded by father. Tried to climb tank. Couldn't climb tank because was drunk. Barfed on party member.
>>
I agree. Super underrated, charming af.
>>
Inventory full, idk where to go
>>
Thank you for making me aware of this game OP, I'm really interested. Where should I start out as a non-Japanese speaker interested in playing Metal Max 1? Ie which version would you consider the "definitive" experience that doesn't involve me learning moonrunes?
>>
File: 26167011_p0.jpg (147KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
26167011_p0.jpg
147KB, 900x600px
>>4064734
No problem anon, I'm happy to get someone interested in this great series.

Sadly for English only speakers there are only two games available to us, the good news is these two games are phenomenal.

The first game, Metal Max, was released on the famicom. Originally it was being fan translated however the game received a remake, Metal Max Returns, on the super famicom. This remake has received an excellent fan translation from Aeon Genesis. Simply find the rom and patch, or a patched rom if you can, and start from there. Metal Max Returns is a phenomenal remake of the original. It was made late in the system's lifespan and it shows. All the enemies, characters, and tanks have great battle animations, even different weapons have different animations. The music is incredible too.

The other game is Metal Saga on ps2. I won't go over this one too much as it isn't retro but it basically is just more the same as Metal Max Returns but in 3d. It's a great game too.

It's a great series and one of my favorite jrpg series of what I have played. The games are quite open world and non linear, the game's stories are often simple (you're more hunting bounties and not really after a true villain for the most part), the tanks allow for customization, and the tone is pretty silly for a post apocalyptic setting. Hope this helps anon.
>>
>>4064817
Thanks a lot anon! I'm going to download the aeon genesis version soon and I'll be on the look out for Metal Saga. I've seen it at Disc Replay before lol, but I wasn't aware of what it was. Thanks for all the help! The Metal Max games honestly sound like my kind of games. It sucks there's no translation of Metal Max 2, that game sounds like the best in the series. Thats what the dude in the OP's from, right?
>>
File: 17002477_p0.jpg (414KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
17002477_p0.jpg
414KB, 800x670px
>>4065550
No problem anon, I hope you enjoy them a lot. Also cool that you go to disk replay, I had one relatively close to me but it closed, I miss it.

For your question, yes, the guy in the OP is from Metal Max 2. His name is Ted Broiler, he is a major antagonist and probably the most iconic character in the entire series. japan seems to love him. Wish I could say why but I too don't speak Japanese. Hope you enjoy them anon.
>>
>>4065550
I don't know how rare Metal Saga is these days. But when I tracked it down a few years back, it was already nearly impossible to find a copy of the game. I still only have the disc, and never found a manual or case with cover art.

Also, while Metal Saga is way bigger and has a ton more to do than Metal Max Returns, it starts off way less appealing. Things didn't get interesting for a couple of hours after I began playing, but then it quickly became great.
>>
>>4065625
>japan seems to love him
I guess because he's a disgustingly powerful asshole who at the start of the game kills your friends/adoptive family, and barely left you alive (IIRC, you're actually "dead", but at the point where you can actually be revived by the series' mad scientist, unlike the others).
I'm guessing it felt good for most players to get revenge on him, given the severe assbeating you take at the start of the game.
I hate his look though. Ted looks fucking stupid and his name is pretty weak as well. I'm not sure why he's so retardedly strong either (from what I can grasp, he's either some sort of mutant or biologically enhanced, MM1/MMR had a human boss enemy who was also strong, but he was ripped and enhanced on steroids and other drugs.). Maybe that's part of the appeal.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.