[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help /vr/ >Find a Sony Trinitron 20M2MDU PVM >Buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pvm.jpg (281KB, 1680x1953px) Image search: [Google]
pvm.jpg
281KB, 1680x1953px
I need help /vr/

>Find a Sony Trinitron 20M2MDU PVM
>Buy a VGA to BNC cable hooked up to a 270 in 2nd PCI-E slot
>Run VMMaker
>Enable EDID Emulation on PVM
>Great! I get my desktop
>Load ArcadeOSD
>"Attach OSD to current monitor"
>Driver is found
>Get latest MAME
>get Latest GroovyMAME
>Replace mame.exe with groovymame.exe
>load command window
>"c:\groovymame\groovymame.exe -cc
>creates directories
>roms folder full of roms
>go into mame.ini and set monitor type under switch res to same as VMMaker
>"arcade_15"
>Save & close
>load mame.exe
>"Switch Res: could not find a video mode that meets your specs"
>wont fullscreen to PVM
>alt enter to window mode
>drag to PVM
>MAME wont fullscreen to PVM
>game looks squished and doesnt run properly
>Loads of games I am missing BIOS for
>Cant play most of them even though I got a proper rom dump 40gb's

I have also tried retroarch front end and every emulator runs like shit compared to the hardware and games are not running at their native res. They are instead running at the desktop resolution VMMaker set for the PVM

Im at a fucking loss. Seriously at a fucking loss

how has no one compiled GroovyMAME with HyperSpin and huge collection of badass games and fucking made a torrent of that shit?

I really need help

the charm is almost gone
>>
Bump. This is nearly and /or precisely the thing I'm concerned about that's holding me back from jumping into my mame cab conversion depending on how I decide to do it. Very curious how your work turns out.
>>
>>4062818
>blog
>Loads of games I am missing BIOS for
You're obviously new to this so go back to the beginning and check/test at each step. There's no way to tell where you went wrong without a lot more detail.
>>
>>4063404
Ive done these steps over and over again

Set up VMMaker, set up the CRTEMudriver, setup GroovyMAME and switchres throws an error

I was just giving thorough detail and you say its a blog naw
>>
>>4063502
>I've been doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Well there's yer problem
>not a blog
Thorough detail would be useful shit like the modes available and what you've tried.
>>
>>4063552
I tried Generic_15 and Arcade_15

those are the two that work for the monitor

The problem is GroovyMAME and Switch Res and it not fullscreening in Windows 10

(the CRT_EmuDriver has a Win10 ver.)
>>
I went the same route with my mame cab.
Couldn't get games to run at their native res. I followed the crtemudriver method to a tee. Believe me, I replicated every step and double checked everything. In the end I couldn't get games to run in their native res.

The whole setup is just too convoluted. In the end I just gave up because having to deal with MAME as well (which is an even bigger nightmare) was just too much of a headache.
>>
>>4065901
Its just weird. I cannot get past GroovyMAME and switch res stating it cannot find a resolution supported by my system and all games run at 640 x 480 in a window so i dont get proper game res like it should
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.