[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I heard that Virtual Console has a modified version of NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Donkey_Kong_arcade.png (2KB, 224x256px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_arcade.png
2KB, 224x256px
So I heard that Virtual Console has a modified version of NES Donkey Kong that restores the missing stage.
Is this available as a rom anywhere? Google isn't helping me much.
>>
Never heard of a modified NES version, but you can play the original arcade DK on DK64.
>>
Try looking for Donkey Kong Original Edition. I believe that's what it's called.
>>
>>4060978
Ayyo why did they remove that stage in the first place
>>
>>4060978
>>4061005
yeah that's the one. shouldn't be that hard to find because it's straight up a hack of the original NES release
>>
It is indeed available but I don't recall where I found it. I do remember it taking a little bit of digging, but I did find it.
>>
Nah, I got it, and it's just the 3 stages.
What you want is MAME
>>
>>4061042
Then be nice and upload it for us famicom.
>>
>>4060978
The rom is available but not on the Virtual Console

I owned it on the Wii. It only has the 3 levels
>>
>>4061191
turns out I won't have to because it's the 7nth google result.

http://xkeeper.net/private/pacman/

Seems to get glitchy graphics on FCEUX.
It looks just fine on whatever emulator the NES Classic edition uses though.
>>
>>4061251
Thanks! This is cool.
The stage order is different from the arcade though, but this seems to be the case for every DK port. Kinda weird.
I prefer the slightly smoother controls in the NES version however.
>>
>>4061340
What do you mean stage order is different? DK adds a new stage during each loop, the 3rd loop adding the pie/cement factory level
>>
>>4061007
DK for Famicom was released in 82 as a launch title. Storage space was at a premium then, and it was hard to get a lot of varied content into games then. The factory level had a lot of new sprites and elements to code (like the ladders that move and the pies/cement, plus DK moving around at the top) that was probably very difficult and expensive (space wise) to implement. So they cut it.

Also of note, Ninty wasn't very good at programming at this point, DK arcade was programmed by another outside team, so porting it to Famicom was basically like starting over
>>
>>4060978
Google "smokemonster ROM packs" without quotations.
You will find Donkey Kong: Original Edition in his Famicom/NES pack and in his Analogue NT Mini Jailbreak pack.
>>
>>4063927
>What do you mean stage order is different? DK adds a new stage during each loop, the 3rd loop adding the pie/cement factory level
That's the US arcade version, yeah. But the japanese one is different, every level it plays the four stages in the same order. The NES port follows the Japanese version, which can make it confusing if you aren't familiar with the differences.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.