[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /vr/ games, in your opinion, have the most expansive, most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: middle-earth.jpg (584KB, 2024x1430px) Image search: [Google]
middle-earth.jpg
584KB, 2024x1430px
What /vr/ games, in your opinion, have the most expansive, most detailed and most interactive "open" worlds?

The obvious candidates come from the Western RPG genre like Might and Magic VI, Daggerfall, Spiderweb Software's games and Fallout 2. While I would like to hear about the RPGs, what I am really interested in are games from other genres or games whose exact genre is difficult to pin down, like Midwinter, StarControl II or Shenmue.
>>
Have you tried Herc's Adventures?
Ancient Greece is the coolest place ever to explore in open world.
>>
Fate: Gates of Dawn
>>
File: fate gates of dawn map vs.png (739KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fate gates of dawn map vs.png
739KB, 2560x1600px
>>4060667
>>
>>4060621
Totally agree. Very fun to explore, and I enjoy its art style a lot.

One thing that bugs me about Herc's Adventures is that for some reason no person I've ever talked to who played it beat it. Neither have I. This is not the case with Zeldas, so I wonder if Herc's Adventures is just hard or maybe subtly broken.
>>
>>4060667
>>4060716
That's fucking huge. How do you travel? It's too bad most of the information about this game is in German only. Apparently they made very few copies of the English version back in the day.
>>
My my
>>
>>4061018
I've gotta love European gamedevs.
>>
File: Quarantine_DOS_12.png (10KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Quarantine_DOS_12.png
10KB, 640x400px
>>
File: Screen4.jpg (198KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screen4.jpg
198KB, 800x600px
Vangers has large, destructible worlds made out of true voxels.
>>
>>4060962
Pretty sure there is an English forum and you can always check ou the CRPG Addict's blog.
>>
>>4060564
Sorcery!

Sorcery! Part 2

Sorcery! Part 3

Sorcery! Part 4
>>
~bump~
>>
File: yeah son.png (838KB, 2048x2304px) Image search: [Google]
yeah son.png
838KB, 2048x2304px
Tibia of course

Sad it's a dead game with no community other than huehues and kurwa polacks
>>
>>4065419
I still remember when I first reached Carlin and found out there were snow islands to the north or when I climbed the Mount Sternum, it felt like I was really inside an medieval fantasy world. Too bad CIP kept introducing these "themed" premium islands that doesn't fit at all with mainland. It killed all the immersion for me, the newer areas feel completely different from mainland, and the map looks more like a Zelda's map (with each area unnaturally fit together) than a 'realistic' medieval fantasy map. Sad.
>>
>>4065798
>inside a medieval fantasy world
Fixed.
>>
>>4065419
There used to be constant Tibia generals on this board, propped up by what I assume was the same two or three posters. Did they finally fuck off?
>>
>>4065798
You can climb in tibia? How does it work?
>>
>>4066153
Not actually climb, but you can get to the top of Mt. Sternum by going up the ladders.
But you can always exiva hur up/down, that's the closest there is to climbing.
>>
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/classes/cs8113e_99_winter/lambda.html
>>
tibia
>>
>>4065419
isn't that a poor mans ultima online?
im not usually a graphics fag, but the sole fact of this shit being topdown view kills it, we already had plenty os isometric games with 256 colors when this almosEGA NES tier shit was around
>>
>>4061018
instantly picked up!!
>>
>>4062583
Has there ever been a more "what the fuck" kind of game? Like, not one of those they make nowadays where that's the selling point.

I can remember two games I played that were even more mind-numbingly weird than this, but I can't tell you the names.
>>
>>4068158
I can't name many MMOs with topdown view isometric view that aren't clones of Tibia itself. Actually, I like Tibia's artstyle and camera angle, wish more MMOs did that. Most MMOs are 3Ds with 3rd person view, and the 2D ones are pretty shitty compared to Tibia, they're usually either RPG Maker tier graphics, platformers or isometric with point & click mechanics.

I'd gladly throw my money at whoever makes a sandbox MMO with Tibia-like artstyle, UI (one of the few games with a UI that doesn't pollute the game screen) and fix the several of the mistakes CIP accumulated over the years (starting by the pvp).
>>
>>4069221
>I'd gladly throw my money at whoever makes a sandbox MMO with
why not ultima online?
you actually prefer tibia, visually?
>>
>>4069282
Never tried Ultima, but yes, I find Tibia more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>4060564
Ultima VII and VI have very interactive expansive open worlds.
>>
>>4060564

You mentioned Star Control 2. Starflight has many similarities.
>>
>>4069221
Is Tibia's perspective any better than the more common one from JRPGs and RPG Maker? I mean just the perspective, not the quality of the art.
>>
>>4069221
Play Medivia Online, Iryont is making Tibia great again!
>>
>>4065419
Just no. I am a tibiafag since 2003 but cant deny it doesnt even compare to Ultima.
>>
>>4069672
If he ever adds battleye to Medivia, then I'm in.

>>4069627
I like it, it allows a more detailed art (like in isometric games, although in this case it's oblique projection or something) but still plays like any other tile-based game, benefiting from whatever advantages there are in using tiles.
>>
>>4069705
Bots doesnt have the same impact they do on RL Tibia. If you're living in EU you should join Spectrum and see if you like it. Its 1x exp rate.
>>
>>4060716
>>4063352
Can't find any downloads that actually work on emulator.

Found a few cracked version roms, but they give me a blank screen after cracktro.
>>
Pirates!
>>
Size is not all that matters!
>>
Frontier: Elite II
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.