[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /vr/ I've just bought this little thing right here,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: pp.jpg (34KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
34KB, 498x498px
Yo /vr/

I've just bought this little thing right here, which i was planning to use for my Famicom.."was planning" since this shit barely works.
Basically, it LAGS; it's not just a small delay, it's a 3 or 4 second delay with every input, which makes it impossible to play stuff.
My only options right now are: play in black and white on an old TV, or play on a flat TV getting an huge headache in the process since it looks like shit.

Is there any way to fix this delay thing on this converter?
>>
Why do you even need this? Every CRT supports 60hz unless it's really shit
>>
>>4056890
>NTSC to PAL converter
3rd world problems.
>>
>>4056895
Not really. Many don't support 60hz, especially if they're from the 80s.
>>
>>4056915
The only ones I've seen that don't support 60hz are the very small sized ones. As far as I remember even when the standard was 50hz for everything, they still supported 60hz

Getting another TV is probably easier, cheaper and better than messing with that converter
>>
>>4056915
Yeah, what this guy said.
I have two CRT TVs, one come straight from the 80s and the other one it's from 2000 or 2001..and they both dont seem to support the Famicom signal and show it in colour.
>>4056934
>I've seen that don't support 60hz are the very small sized ones

This could be relevant though, as both of my CRTs are very small and probably meant to be portable.

Is there really no way to at least reduce the lag?
>>
>>4056943
Get a 60hz tv is all you can do, really. I'm guessing you're using the second model Famicom, or had one composite modded, so getting a 60hz tv will fix your issue.
>>
>>4056943
Is the image stable but black & white? In that case you could try a composite -> RGB converter. That way you circumvent the color issue but the signal remains 60hz. The device you used adjusts the timings and this type of device will therefore always cause delays.
>>
>>4056975
Im using a Twin Famicom actually.

I'll have to import one then, i can't seem to find a decent CRT TV around here.
Thank you all for replies by the way.
>>
>>4056985
>composite -> RGB converter

Does it even exist?
>>
>>4056890
Sucks you're too retarded to have any other options. I have a couple PAL famicoms I've been thinking about ripping the converter circuit out of. But all my TVs are multi system so there's not much point.
>>
File: svidvga.jpg (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
svidvga.jpg
83KB, 1000x1000px
Dont buy this one either, it is black and white if you try to play old consoles but there is no lag
>>
>>4056997
Yup, the Frenchies used them for their SECAM stuff and sometimes you see them bundled with consoles on eBay. I don't know any model names, sorry.
>>
>>4057112
No worries, i'll give it a look on ebay and see what i can find.
Thank you btw
>>
>>4057112
I hope you're not talking about one of these things, because it doesn't convert composite to anything.
>>
File: DmLeqwu.png (30KB, 908x524px) Image search: [Google]
DmLeqwu.png
30KB, 908x524px
>>4057430
We yurops know the difference between SCART and RGB thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>4057430
No, not one of these. I mean an adapter like the French use for the NES. A French NES outputs RGB derived from composite. Composite quality, but RGB so that the color encoding system is bypassed.
>>
Yeah just look into getting a good telly. CRT TV's were still very much a thing in the 00's and any TV manufactured then will support 60hz without a doubt.
>>
>>4057098
I couldn t get the one I got to do anything with a monitor or tv. No image nothing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.