[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was replaying Fate of Atlantis and Dark Forces and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: lucasarts.jpg (15KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
lucasarts.jpg
15KB, 500x313px
I was replaying Fate of Atlantis and Dark Forces and I thought about how much a liked the music in old LucasArts games.
>>
cool story, bro
>>
The Secret of Monkey Island has my favourite soundtrack ever. Shame I never got to hear it on a Roland MT-32 when I was a kid, but the Amiga version still sounded fantastic, better than on a PC with a stock Soundblaster.
>>
I really like Afterlife's ost. also the script, it is a good game
>>
>>4056025
Fate of Atlantis is not very good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WejFI0QwWRM

This is some amazing stuff, especially when they went all out and arranged it like here.

LucasArts is amazingly underrated on this board if the lack of threads for it means anything.
>>
File: bones.gif (478KB, 509x180px) Image search: [Google]
bones.gif
478KB, 509x180px
>>4056025
>>4056110

The track blending with iMUSE was ahead of its time.

>>4056694

LeChuck's Revenge is the best example of the system in practice probably.

The lack of threads is not really surprising though, they only made a handful of games in a genre that's not mainstream anymore and very easy to criticize. You just had to be there I guess
>>
Have you played Jedi Outcast? I own the game on Steam and on a disk; and whenever I open the game, it immediately crashes. For some reason it isn't working on my computer, which is weird because Jedi Academy runs smoothly with no problems, and it runs on literally the same engine. I think Disney has done something recently where you have to register to play the game?
>>
I was too poor to be able to afford a CD-ROM back then and I definitely did not have the money to have a Roland MT-32. So I never got to enjoy this game full audio brilliance (aside from trying it out in ScummVM emulation). I heard the music through the original 8-bit SoundBlaster, and that's what I remember.

I now reacquired a 486DX4 with a CD-ROM, but I do not know how I should burn a CD from the ScummVM collection torrent or just copy all the files to the HDD. I don't want to use my old 3.5" floppies, as it would probably break my heart if I were to know they have gone bad as I bought this when it was new based on the cover front and back covers alone.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.