[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so this might sound like a dumb question, but how does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 307846_front.jpg (83KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
307846_front.jpg
83KB, 640x416px
Okay, so this might sound like a dumb question, but how does the PC Engine (Duo-R specifically) play burned CD games. As in could I burn a rom onto a blank CD and pop it in? Or is there more to it? Much thanks!
>>
You mean like a rom of a hu card game? No you need to use an image of a cd game, preferably a bin.
>>
>>4055893
Yes you burn the iso and you are good to go, that's it.
>>
>>4055905
this

CD-R's burn the laser faster, but with how expensive PCE games are these days, whatever
>>
>>4055931
>CD-R's burn the laser faster, but with how expensive PCE games are these days, whatever
this meme again
>>
>>4055931
okay where do I get iso for that, and would a laptop dvd burner sufice?
>>
>>4056225
you literally go on a site like emuparadise and extract the iso and cue file using winzip

then you mount the iso onto a CD-R

if you just want to play it on an emulator you use the cue file as a rom
>>
>>4056312
>you literally go on a site like emuparadise
I hate to break this to you....
>>
>>4057138
They only removed Nintendo games, PCE shit is unnafected.
>>
>>4055895
Actually you can play some hucard games off a CD but that's not what he's asking.

>>4057138
Break what to us? That it's summer? We know. It's painfully obvious.
>>
>>4055893
When I burned ps2 dvds it was recommended that the speed which you burn the dvd should be the lowest possible and that it wasn't advised to burn it at a speed higher than what the console driver can read.

I don't know if it matters.

Dunno if it matters.
>>
OP here, it keeps keeps not loading my CD's even when I burn at the low speed (10x) is it the iso? What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>4058065
Use IMGburn
Make a folder with the .bin and .cue files of the game
Put a blank disc into your burner
Open IMGburn
Open the .cue file
Burn the disc at slowest setting you can (doesn't matter if your slowest is x15 just use the slowest)

You should be good to go after that
>>
>>4058065
All I can think of now is that old CD readers have trouble reading colored disk. Stick to silver and make sure it isn't a re-writable disk.

Another thing is these burned disks usually only run on consoles with a modchip or some sort of swap magic disk. Maybe there's something equivalent for pc engine
>>
>>4058065

Also, don't just burn at lowest speed, that's not how CD burners work.

Burn it at whatever the recommended speed is for your burner. If it's an x52 speed writer, burn at x52.
>>
File: literallywut.png (283KB, 1282x720px) Image search: [Google]
literallywut.png
283KB, 1282x720px
>>4057140
>go there to see if Nintendo shit really was removed
>it wasn't (downloaded MT's Punchout as a test)
>see this
I don't know what's real anymore...
>>
>>4056312
>then you mount the iso onto a CD-R
What? I'm sure was just a mistake but since OP is clearly not good with computers I had best make this correction: you burn the ISO. Mounting it wouldn't work, though if you somehow manage to mount a filesystem on a blank CD-R you're some kind of wizard, sure enough.
>>
>>4056312
>>4057138
>>4057140
Just download a ROM pack, preferably via torrent, you can literally have all the games ever made, some nice packs have even unreleased and prototype games.
>>
>>4055893
This console is so good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.