[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is actually really really good and deserves more recognition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: jf-japanbox-lg.jpg (189KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jf-japanbox-lg.jpg
189KB, 1000x1000px
This is actually really really good and deserves more recognition than
>that one 5th gen game that did 3D platforming before Mario 64.
>>
>>4055741
These were bottom of the barrel, even for PS1 platformers.
>>
>>4055754
Bullshit. It's comfy, fun and unique, and the only 3D platformer I can think of that wouldn't stand out in the arcades.
>>
It's a game I've been meaning to try for a long time, but haven't yet.

If t was before Mario 64 then it only used the d-pad for directional control instead of a control stick, correct? Does it manage to play smoothly despite that?

D-pad works for Crash but that's pretty different than most 3D platformers. Is this one more of an open game like Mario 64?
>>
>>4055786
The game controls like a fps, so imagine Doom with a d-pad and actually jumping over stuff. No crazy Mario parkour here. When you jump the camera moves to your feet and you can use your shadow to position yourself correctly.

Levels are nonlineal but it feels nothing like Mario 64 or Rare collectathons, they're just rectangles with a lot of platforms to jump over and collect stuff, then look for the exit.

It's not the best platformer of the gen period, but I thought it was really interesting and fun to play. Plus you can literally beat it in like a couple of hours and it's really pick-up and play friendly because, again, feels a lot like an arcade.
>>
>>4055817
Meant to quote >>4055793
>>
>>4055741
Check out where the series began with the game Geograph Seal
>>4055754
Rubbish, they're great games
>>
>>4055793
Mario, Crash and Flash are all very different kinds of 3D platformers.
>>
I thought Jumping Flash 2 had a surprisingly tough final boss. Had to use savestates to beat him, and it's weird because most of JF 1 and 2 are closer to kid-friendly easymodo with little risk of dying unless you suck.
>>
Played the first one, it's very fun and I really dig the early 3D aesthetic. Controls are a little awkward at first but once you play through a few levels you'll appreciate how precise they are. My one gripe has to do with its double jumping, you can do double and triple jumps but only if you repress the jump button during ascension, once you start descending you can't do anything but fall, I'd prefer having the option to jump and then on the descent do the double jump just before hitting the ground.

It's early 3D platforming, lots of making huge jumps across floating platforms in space, with some very expansive sprawling levels. There's two or three levels that are set in caves/tunnels with minimal platforming, instead having you running around collecting stuff, these aren't as fun as the normal open levels.
>>
>>4056009
The first time I played Jumping Flash i didn't know you could jump on the bosses to damage them, I spent every boss fight whittling the bosses down over several minutes with the regular gun after all the super weapons ammo was used up.
>>
>>4055741
does it?
>>
>>4056036
>There's two or three levels that are set in caves/tunnels with minimal platforming, instead having you running around collecting stuff, these aren't as fun as the normal open levels.
Those levels play like Doom clones, yeah.
>>
Combat in Jumping Flash is a lot of fun, 'cause of the random overpowered collectable items you can get, plus when you die you respawn with an item that may or may not be overpowered so there's lots of incentive to keep trying.
>>
>>4056594
Who cares it's fun.
>>
>>4055930
Learn to read.
>>
>>4055741
>and deserves more recognition
I think it's already recognized much outside of America.
>>
I think the most interesting thing this game has to offer is what it brought to gaming as a whole. It was before Mario 64 so it was pretty big innovation wise. But without that artifice, it's still a fun game to this day. And love the color designs!
>>
>>4055741
I like the Universal City Hall.
>>
File: tumblr_mhnuynznXE1s56proo1_1280.jpg (262KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhnuynznXE1s56proo1_1280.jpg
262KB, 1280x960px
THIS IS THE BEST ROOTBEER FIZZY I EVER HAD
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.