[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No modern GPUs seem to have either a dedicated VGA-port nor a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

No modern GPUs seem to have either a dedicated VGA-port nor a DVI-I port, so I will have to get some sort of adapter to use a CRT monitor. Does anyone have any idea about one with low latency added?
>>
>>4051349
There are no good ones. You need a downscaler if you want 240p.
>>
>>4051349
Get a 900 series GTX
>>
>>4051350
I think anon wants to use a 31khz+ PC CRT.
>>
>>4051356
Correct, I'm going to play Quake and stuff.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GPTOPMY/
Is apparently pretty well recommended for DisplayPort

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O55U8k
Works well for HDMI.

Both are just external DACs for taking the digital image your GPU is creating and turning it into analog RGBHV.

I personally have the HDMI one, and a bit of testing would suggest there's essentially no delay at all via a Wii U and using the gamepad as a control. It's 2 frames ahead of the GamePad, which apparently has ~2 frames delay itself.
>>
>>4051349
Of course not. GPUs are designed to be placed on video cards. It would be hell to try solder ports like that to a little chip and you'd probably destroy the whole thing as soon as you tried to plug something in. Better just to get a video card like the rest of us. It's easy enough to find one with VGA or DVI.
>>
File: W-DK29345_tcm21-254760.png (63KB, 420x268px) Image search: [Google]
W-DK29345_tcm21-254760.png
63KB, 420x268px
>>4051349
>>4051356
>>4051357
I can reccomend this one.
I own several, just cheap chink shit that costs a few bucks.

Literary no lag that I can notice of and I'm pretty much used to noticing lag because I'm pretty much a faggot for mouse sensors.
But using this with a CRT is pretty much like using actual VGA out on older cards.

There could be different versions of it, but I'd guess they all have the same guts.
>>
>>4051357

Why not just maintain an old computer? Surely something with low wattage should be fine.
>>
>>4052213
Why bother? If you're correct one can do it for way cheaper and without extra shit to clog up your space.
>>
>>4051349
I see you have the same problems as me anon
>>
Is there a reason why they kept DVI-D instead of DVI-I for the newer graphics cards?
>>
>>4052282
Modern cards literally don't have a DAC so they can't generate the analog pins on the DVI-I connector.
>>
>>4052286
I see, thank you for this information anon
>>
>>4052297
It's a new development, they held on into the gtx 900 series, as earlier anon said. Sad days.

>I can't find any CRT monitors locally, shipping is outrageous. QQ
>>
>>4051349
Get an old GPU then. Radeon HD 4000 series. crt_emudriver look it up.
>>
>>4052303
I'm honestly pretty salty they didn't stop using it after the 1000 series of graphics cards, then at least one could run most games with CRTs that go up to 2048x1536 in resolutions
>>
>>4052207
>pretty much
Stop it.
>>
>>4051356
>>4051357

His point still stands get a 900 series gtx card they all have dvi-i and can play modern pc games

I am using a 980Ti with my fw900
>>
>>4053079
Have you tried playing games at 2304 x 1440?
If so hows the framerrate?
>>
>>4053085
i cant imagine the frame rate would be very good at max settings its a 980Ti after all it can handle 1080p but not much higher not even a gtx 1080 can handle 120fps at that res

as for actually trying that actual resolution ive only done 1920x1200 at 85hz when im playing games i like to have it running as the same resolution as my desktop enviornment, i dont like switching the refresh rate and resolution constantly. id imagine games would or could look better.

the only game i really play btw is overwatch
>>
>>4052312
crt_emudriver supports cards up to the R9 series now, if they have analog, as well as a lot of integrated APUs. In fact the 4000 and below series cards are no longer recommended as the newer models work better, along with being tons more powerful.
>>
>>4053076
no u
>>
>>4052213
I live in someone's basement in a very small island nation, I just don't have the space for that kinda stuff right now.
>>
>>4051349
Why use this
>>
>>4056696
To get an analog signal for a CRT monitor, duh.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.