[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm interested in playing Tactics Ogre, now what port should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: TacticsOgrePSP.jpg (712KB, 1504x1504px) Image search: [Google]
TacticsOgrePSP.jpg
712KB, 1504x1504px
I'm interested in playing Tactics Ogre, now what port should I choose? I'm mostly between PS1 and SNES
>>
Basically the only differences between them is the fact the PS version has load times while the SNES version doesn't. Also the SNES version isn't officially translated but emulation and flash carts are an option.
>>
>>4051331
Nice, thanks
>>
PS1 and SNES are virtually identical, if you can play the SNES version with a patch since load times are reduced.

>>>4051331
>SNES version doesn't have load times
Untrue, they are significantly less than the PS1 version, but still exist.

The real option is PSP vs. SNES. PSP version has significant changes while keeping it mostly the same.
>>
File: dame_ravness.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dame_ravness.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
just play the enhanced PSP port desu. yes, it changed and added things, but most are for the better and it's a super polished and comfy experience, docked points in the retro authenticity notwithstanding. plus you can play it on the shitter.

also best waifu is PSP-exclusive
>>
>>4051368
i'm falling in love with her without even playing it wtf
>>
File: sadraper.gif (489KB, 210x149px) Image search: [Google]
sadraper.gif
489KB, 210x149px
I'm currently playing the PSP version. So many story/plot choices it's fucking crazy. Almost decided to massacre the old slaves at that mining town but in the end I didn't do it. Then the cute girl fucking dies, fuck.
>>
I would like to cling together with some of those cuties for sure. >:3
>>
File: 1224646660750.jpg (24KB, 336x331px) Image search: [Google]
1224646660750.jpg
24KB, 336x331px
>>4051442
nice one
>>
I kinda want to play March of the black queen first but the game is not really clicking with me, its really appealing to me from the concept to the presentation but I cant get the hang of the gamplay
>>
i'm so frustrated that i'll never own an original CIB of knight of lodis
>>
>>4051553
looking on Ebay
>Japanese verison CIB: around $14 after shipping
>English version, cart only: $19.99
>box alone sells for $6
Why didn't I just learn Japanese
>>
File: me.png (14KB, 232x265px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
14KB, 232x265px
I ruined my own playthrough because I always have 2-3 extremely underleveled named characters levelling shit classes at all times in my party

It wouldn't be fun if all of them were archers

Yet there aren't many interesting choices either besides ninjas

The rest can't even get to the battlefield to fight

So I'm stuck with some of the sisters just hanging around healing people with items while they are dragoons and so

Or maybe it's the game turning too easy and boring who knows
>>
>>4051597
i love the game to death but yeah, a lot of the classes are useless.
>>
File: 1402109751413.png (705KB, 700x454px) Image search: [Google]
1402109751413.png
705KB, 700x454px
>>4051606
argh, and here i thought i'd get to see some great balance
>>
>>4051896
the classes go from overpowered to useless with hardly any middle ground

even moreso, the useless classes are more useless than, say, FFT's ones
>>
>>4051394
You did the right thing.
>>
>>4051551
Have you tried reading an faq for it? I dabbled with Ogre Battle for years and thought it was cool, but never really got it, and was frustrated by that. Eventually I broke down and read up on everything I could, and it made a world of difference.
>>
>>4052512
>the useless classes are more useless than, say, FFT's ones
entirely true and it really hurts, especially since most of the best characters (story-wise) are kinda stuck with their stupid classes
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.