[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does every genesis/md emulator have a problem with fullscreen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Kegafusion.png (29KB, 336x295px) Image search: [Google]
Kegafusion.png
29KB, 336x295px
why does every genesis/md emulator have a problem with fullscreen on a second monitor? all i want to do is play on my TV, but it will only use the primary monitor AND it changes the resolution of my computer when enabled. i have never had this problem emulating any other console. anyone know of a solution or an emulator that can do this? a fusion fork, perhaps?
>>
Just unplug your primary to make the TV the only monitor. Problem solved
>>
that's a workaround, not really a solution. yes, i could do a number of inconvenient things to make it work but I'm asking if there's a way to make this work how I described.
>>
>>4049749
>spend 2 seconds unplugging a cable
>inconvenient
>download different emulators and tweak different settings and fucking with video drivers is somehow not
Sure bro. Why the fuck do you even need a second monitor working while playing a game?
>>
>>4049737
I'm more bothered about the fact that Kega takes so long ass time to switch to full screen.
>>
>>4049737
>a fusion fork
lulz, fusion is closed source
>>
BUT ANONS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CLOSED SOURCE EMULATORS
IT'S NOT LIKE TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS WILL MOVE ON AND THEY WILL BECOME OBSOLETE, EVER
>>
>>4049787
there's no reason to use fusion other than laziness these days
blastem and genesis plus gx do better now

dunno if either do nicely with multihead setups, though
>>
>>4049806
There is one reason, though, genesis plus gx STILL doesn't support 32X.
>>
>>4049737
set your second monitor to be your primary
>>
There are many borderless windowed fullscreen applications for gaming. Although that may be "inconvenient" for you.
>>
>>4049810
true

no one else seems to care enough
picodrive "works" (it doesn't use the 32X bios, and has some definite inaccuracies)
I have no idea if Gens/GS updated the old Gens 32X code too much (and either way, Gens/GS hasn't been updated in forever since 2.0's been in limbo for god knows how long)
and I think that's it, all the not-Fusion 32X emulators that matter
>>
Just use Retroarch and select the display?
>>
>>4049737
Buy a sega genesis and sonic the hedgehog for the ultimate retro experience
>>
>>4049737
Windows programs usuallly can't into multiple monitors, especially if you use different display modes. Just have only a single display active at a time. Do this from your video card interface, like nvidia-settings or the ATI equivilent. Don't just unplug your monitor like someone else said. That's stupid. It may not tell Windows to deactivate the display and will likely end up putting you back on 60hz mode when you plug it back in.

Fixing up your displays before and after playing games is 5 seconds of work, don't be one of those lazy cunts who reckons that's too much effort.
>>
>>4049810
Their implementation of the 32X is too slow to run on the Wii and they don't want to rewrite it just to support a dead console.
>>
Multimonitor is a stupid hack that barely works for anything. I honestly cannot understand for the life of me how people put up with that shit, unless it's for the "look at me, I'm so cool, look how many goddamn monitors I have!" factor.

Every time I've ever tried multimonitor, it's been a disaster, as well as inconvenient and not at all useful for any use case. Get a good single monitor and go on with your life.
>>
>>4050636
That, and the 32x has less good games than even the Wii.
>>
>>4050636
Is there any point in them targeting the Wii still?
Hell, didn't they drop making standalone builds for it, anyway? Isn't it just a libretro core now?

>>4050643
There are basically two use cases:
>plug in second screen sometimes (like, a TV)
...but you can just clone to the second screen/only show on it
>second screen is for auxiliary stuff that doesn't really change
which can be useful (music/video editing, but those programs are specifically designed for working better with multi-monitor setups, programming where one screen shows docs and the other shows code)
which is like mostly just pure convenience for doing work professionally (and it's really only worth bothering if you are doing something professionally)

that's about it though
>>
>>4050846
Second case could be easily replicated with alt tab
>>
>>4050889
raw convenience -- again, only worth it if you're doing things professionally and time is very literally money
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.