[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I've come to accept the following as optimal configurations:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: $_86.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
Okay, so I've come to accept the following as optimal configurations: USA Tvs.

SNES: Svideo/CRT
N64: Svideo/CRT
Wii: Wii mode in Wii U/HDMI/LED
WiiU: HDMI/LED

Can't decide on the Gamecube though. General consensus is Gamecube emu on Wii console with Component isn't as good as native Gamecube via its rare component Cables. Game cube also came along at a unique time when things were just starting to transition from SD to HD. also taking into consideration that many GC games are 4:3. So, what is optimal here?

Component/CRT
Component/LED

I suppose this saem question could be posed for the PS2 hardware
>>
>>4049503
>I suppose this saem question could be posed for the PS2 hardware
PS2 is always RGB
>>
>>4049506
>Okay, so I've come to accept the following as optimal configurations: USA Tvs.

USA tvs dont support RGB/SCART.
>>
>>4049506
Can the PS2 output RGsB through the $5 component cables or do I have to go through all the BS of getting SCART cables, BNC converter, etc?
>>
>>4049503
>optimal configurations: USA Tvs
>s-video

No. RGB->YUV component converter. They're like $50 USD and you only need one for all your RGB systems, which is pretty much everything after the NES era.
>>
>>4049521
No, but any decent one supports YUV component which is a single conversion away. Video quality is virtually identical between RGB and component.
>>
>>4049503
let me rephrase the question here, Is Gamecube better on a CRT or a LED, (without mods or conversions, just straight native output)
>>
>>4049526
>not having a PVM so you can just use a SCART breakout
shaggy
>>
>>4049537
>is this SD resolution console outputting analog video better on an digital HDTV or an analog SDTV
>>
>>4049503
I just use this to connect my gamecube to my 24" 1080p Playstation TV. I find it looks better when upscaled to 720p than 1080p for some reason. I don't really give a shit about image quality though as long as I can play the game. Your best bet by far is the official compenent cables for the Gamecube. Second best is just playing them on a Wii with component cables. It's actually far cheaper just to pay $40-50 for a BC Wii than it is to pay $300 for the gamecube cables.
>>
>>4049503
Not retro.
>>4049537
Depends. Some games are 16:9.
>>4049561
Gamecube doesn't output analog. Most modern CRTs (2000 and later) have multiple digital inputs. Pretty ignorant statements you made.
>>
>>4049537
It's personal preference.

I use the Nintendo Component cable on a 36FV310 that only does 480i/240p, and think it looks every bit as good as 480p on a 34XBR960.
>>
>>4049524
Yes, assuming your monitor can pull sync from composite. Most PVMs can, maybe all.

>>4049569
Gamecubes do output analog without the rare and usually expensive Component or VGA cables which have the necessary chip in the cable itself as a cost cutting measure on the consoles.

>>4049503
>Gamecube emu on Wii console
I think this is the genesis of your conundrum. When a Wii runs a Gamecube game it's not emulation, even more so than a PS2 running a PS1 game. The Wii is literally just a Gamecube that's overclocked, has more ram, some additional i/o gimmicks for the neat-o torpedo controllers and the digital output hardware included. Turbonerds have proven that the digital output of a Wii isn't as strong as from a Gamecube with the $$$ cable but you can easily adjust for that in your display and it's a much much cheaper solution. tl;dr GC on Wii is native mode, not emulation.
>>
>>4049529
this is mostly true, the only thing you really lose by using component vs RGB is a fixed white balance so you have to fiddle with some settings instead of the monitor automaticlly knowing.
>>
>>4049589
>digital output of a Wii
I'm confused
>>
>>4049506
RGB/SCART is not needed on anything 6th gen and up. Go for component since it offers more and isn't the ridiculously retarded hassle of getting breakout cables etc. component is perfect.

>>4049503
I've heard the n64 on svideo to pick is what's perfect but I think n64 looks like ass no matter what. I'm getting the ultra hdmi install done because I feel that's the only way it will ever be tolerable.

Speaking for the GameCube, I don't think any of its games go beyond 480p and maybe only a handful use 16:9. It's perfectly fine to keep the GameCube on crt. Again I'm getting the hdmi/component install for GameCube but I might not even use it with my LED.

I use component with all my 6th gen consoles. I have it hooked up so it can display on my 36 inch crt or 50 inch LED. The colors just aren't the same on the 50 inch and there is the absolute slightest hint of input lag.

I was actually surprised with how unhappy I was with the colors and I'll probably use the GameCube with the crt when it gets modded.
>>
File: s507011094.1.jpg (18KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
s507011094.1.jpg
18KB, 599x449px
>>4049524
Yes it can but remember that PS2 only outputs RGsB on 480p compatible titles which is a small proportion. For standard def content it only does RGBcvS.

A good way around this limitation is to insert a GunCon adaptor between the console and component cable. Then you can run composite from this into the sync port on your monitor and be prepared for all eventualities.

Personally I use pic related (SCPH-10130) but it's pretty rare and hard to find.
>>
>>4049529
The PS2 supports component natively. You don't need to convert it.
>>
>>4049503
get svideo and a crt tv
for all your old consoles!
>>
>>4049503
btw the ps2 can output svideo with the ps3 svideo cables
>>
>>4049968
As can the original PlayStation.

Or you could use >>4049741 and get ALL the output options without ever unplugging the Multi-AV...
>>
>>4049741
>Personally I use pic related (SCPH-10130) but it's pretty rare and hard to find.
I wrecked several for projects where I needed the A/V connectors
>>
>>4049741
>Yes it can but remember that PS2 only outputs RGsB on 480p compatible titles which is a small proportion. For standard def content it only does RGBcvS.
Wait.
What are you talking about?

It can do any resolution that the games run at over RGB/SoL, while the RGB/SoG is only for niche applications.
>>
>>4049521
Nothing to do with SCART, I always hear Americans tell me that they have TVs with RGB input, then just feed the Sync line from Luma or Composite.
Unless they were shitposting.

>>4049524
>Can the PS2 output RGsB through the $5 component cables or do I have to go through all the BS of getting SCART cables, BNC converter, etc?
Again, you don't need to use RGB/SoG, just use RGB with SoL or Composite.
>>
>>4049729
>RGB/SCART is not needed on anything 6th gen and up. Go for component since it offers more and isn't the ridiculously retarded hassle of getting breakout cables etc. component is perfect.
Component as in YPbPr is inferior to true RGB.
Also you don't need no retarded breakout cables or shit, I have no idea where you took that, just a single cable doing R/G/B/Luma(or composite) either with a SCART connector or separate BNCs, straight from the PS A/V port.
>>
>>4050083
They were most likely talking about PVM/BVMs, not consumer TVs.
>>
>>4050079
That's why I said RGsB which is industry shorthand for what you're calling RGB/SoG.

That's the configuration anon was proposing using component cables to achieve.
>>
How are zenith color tvs? Found an old one someone set on the side of their lawn; I'm assuming it is free. I wish I would have gotten the model number or taken a picture, but I did check the back and it has component input.
>>
>>4049503
>Okay, so I've come to accept low standards and shit opinions on the internet
Cool story summer. You should use RGB from any console that supports it. You should use HDMI on /v/
>>
>>4049506

This is wrong. Ps2 can't do 480p over rgb,
>>
>>4050387
What are you smoking?
It can do it over both, RGB/SoG and RGB/SoL.
>>
>>4049526
If you're gonna do that shit just feed the RGB through a good upscaler...
>>
>>4050558
You mean SoG, yes it works
>>
>>4049503
>not using RGB for retro consoles.
Rube.
>>
File: Wild_Gunman_kids.jpg (8KB, 250x135px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_Gunman_kids.jpg
8KB, 250x135px
>>4050558
How many times do you need to be told that it cannot do 480p with sync on luna?
>>
I really wish I'd bought component cables back when they were under 150 leafbux.
>>
>>4051656
I had one that I sold last year. Not much on the GC to justify stockpiling them back then.
>>
>>4051363
it works on SoG
>>
>>4052073
I know that. It also works on YPbPr. What it doesn't work on is any RGB with separate sync, be it composite (raw), Luma or Composite Video.

Are we done now?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.