[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw megaman 2 is the only one i can beat How are all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (53KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53KB, 852x480px
>tfw megaman 2 is the only one i can beat
How are all the others so much harder?
>>
i think megaman x series from the snes are somehow easier to beat as you have more freedom in movement, it feels that whenever i die is because of my lack of skill, rather than blaming the engine as i usually think when i drop on earlier megaman versions
>>
Because you played on Normal.

It's an easier difficulty put in for weak gaijin.
>>
>>4049436
They edited 2 for the US version to make it much easier. No, seriously.

Hard mode is the Japanese original, more in line with the other versions of the game. Normal is actually more of an "easy mode" than anything else.
>>
>>4049446
I thought normal was the japanese and hard was the US exclusive.
>>
>>4049436
Because you fell for the Metal Blade meme. The other games only have balanced or useless weapons.
>>
Biggest flaws in Mega Man games
Mega Man 1: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 2: Metal Blade
Mega Man 3: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 4: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 5: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 6: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 7: No Metal Blade
Mega Man 8: No Metal Blade
>>
>>4049447
No, it's the other way around. There's no difficulty option in the Japanese release, you were simply given Rockman 2 and had to play it as it was.

The overseas release decided the game was too hard so they edited the game and gave it two modes. "Normal" mode is a streamlined and easier version of the game while "Hard" sets the game back to how it was as Rockman 2.
>>
Even if you play on easy ("normal"), MM2 still isn't easier than 5 or 6.
>>
>>4049436
I beat 2,4 and 5 on the actual system back when I had it. Never owned 1, 3 or 6 physically and haven't bothered to emulate them.

Emulated X, X2 and X3 on ZSNES and beat them with very little save-state use (only used them so I wouldn't have to enter passwords).
>>
so we can all agree 1 is the hardest right?
>>
>>4049447
Other way around, the only difference between the two is that all of Megaman's weapons do double damage on Normal mode
>>
>>4049474
>6
>no indication as to which path leads to the REAL boss
WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
>>
>>4049603
That or MM&B.

And if you're including all Mega Man games there's also X6.
>>
>>4049436
You're not alone OP
I've tried playing through almost every Megaman game (1-10) and I always give up due to lack of interest
They're great games but they take a crazy investment of time if you suck a jump-and-shoot-man
The only Megaman game I beat wasn't even an official version, it was Megaman 2.5d
>>
>>4049436

btw, Akira Kitamura's blog (he directed 1/2) has been discovered. I'm not sure if it contains any relevant information, but he does blog on game development.

http://aknote.hatenablog.com/
>>
File: Mm9.jpg (145KB, 648x864px) Image search: [Google]
Mm9.jpg
145KB, 648x864px
you can't even beat the best one what a shame
>>
>>4049614
The boss door you have to get ouf of your way to reach is the one that matters. That's a pretty big indication.
>>
>>4049636
This is what really crystallized my perception of modern gamers.
>Have 10 years younger "srs gamer" friend
>$2000 gaming rig, buys new consoleson release day
>Literally only happy when sitting at his rig playing a game, can't even really hang out away from home without alcohol or drugs and heavy socializing
>Be hanging out at his house
>"This game is fucking impossible"
>Sit down never having played it before and in the course of the evening beat it over beers while he watches/plays Witcher 3
>He is in awe and hopefully learns a thing or two about perseverance and logic
>>
>>4049665
>10 year old
>needs booze to leave the house
Is he the child gangster from Robocop 2?
>>
Maybe video games aren't your thing friend
>>
>>4049726
Read it again, my reading comprehension deprived friend. His friend is 10 years younger than him.
>>
>>4049623
hate NA blog

are they still sour about ww2 ?
>>
>>4049436
They're not harder. You've just dedicated more time to Megaman 2 than the other games.
>>
File: 1493156858947.jpg (101KB, 793x714px) Image search: [Google]
1493156858947.jpg
101KB, 793x714px
>>4049436
Nothing really. The rest of the NES games started adding padding before Wily's Fortress, probably giving the illusion of difficulty wherein there were more bosses.
>MM3: resurrected Robot Masters
>MM4: Cossacks's Fortress
>MM5: Protoman's Fortress
>MM6: Mr. X's Fortress
>>
>>4049636

Mega Man 9 is overly difficult. Either play it the way it wants you to play or don't play at all.
>>
>>4049454
>The other games only have balanced or useless weapons.
7's Junk Shield was just as brutal
Also, perhaps, 4's Pharaoh Shot
>>
How come everyone has trouble with MM3? I have been able to beat that one with my eyes closed since the year it came out.
>>
>>4049609
Bingo. That's why Metal Blade OHKOs Metal Man on Normal but takes two shots on Difficult. Same for Flash Stopper on Quick man.
>>
>>4049456
underrated
>>
>>4051043
3 would have been my favorite Mega Man if you cut out the Doc Robot section of the game.
>>
>>4049436
I can't beat 2 but I beat 1

the dragon and the barriers bullied me so hard as a kid I can't stand to play it now
>>
>>4051049
9 is the easiest in the series what the hell are you on about?
>>
File: wp_01_1280x1024.jpg (1013KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wp_01_1280x1024.jpg
1013KB, 1280x1024px
Could be worse. The only one of the classic series I've ever beaten was 10 and even then it was because I spent the summer of 2011 with fucking nothing to do or play but it. I couldn't afford the Bass DLC either so I just replayed as Rock and Protoman on every difficulty over and over.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.