[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vr/ partake in the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 25

File: FFVFJF2016.png (1MB, 556x535px) Image search: [Google]
FFVFJF2016.png
1MB, 556x535px
Does /vr/ partake in the Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta?

I've done it four years now and this is the only way I play FF5. I revisit several Final Fantasy games annually but the Fiesta is my scheduled revisit to 5. I've gotten to know this game so well it's satisfying to form strategies around party compositions.
>>
This will be the first year that I'll be playing it. Should I just run the default Normal/All Jobs/No Restrictions?

I've played FF5AC before so I'm not a complete scrub, but the other rules just sound boring.
>>
>>4047650
I'd recommend going Normal for your first year, although even if you go with those special options there's a chance you might just get a pretty normal party. I don't imagine those special options add a whole lot besides the occasional zerk or double job.
>>
>>4047638
Waiting for the days.

I dunno if Ill see my playthrough through, but who knows.
>>
I heard there's a Chaos option that can give you every job for each crystal, has anyone tried such a run?
>>
File: time to wait ff5fjf.png (275KB, 866x813px) Image search: [Google]
time to wait ff5fjf.png
275KB, 866x813px
>June 19th
>>
>>4047712
It broke me last year
>>
>>4048416
What was your party? I had thief/summoner/ninja/dancer and they all seemed to complement each other quite well. I probably won't get so lucky this year.
>>
I played the PSX version that released with Chrono-Trigger.
>>
>>4049594
You're getting confused. FF5 came with FF6. FF4 came with Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>4049606
whoops
>>
>played through FFV recently and decided to look this up
>some online leader thing with tweets and shit
Yeah no thanks
>>
>>4049628
You don't have to do the twitter thing. You can just roll your own. That's what I did last year.
>>
>>4049676
But why is this some kind of yearly competition? Is there just a romhack you can download for the random job thing and just play a single player game like a single player game should be played?
>>
>>4049681
It's just for fun.
>>
>>4049681
It's a something awful thing, they think that everything they do is awesome and funny and deserves to be celebrated. Cucks.
>>
>>4049582
he had the pure chaos option, so it was probably something like Geomancer / Dancer / Geomancer / Thief.
http://fourjobfiesta.com/help.php
>>
>>4049715
this
>>
>>4051318
>>4049582
My party was Mime/Monk/Mime/Dancer
>>
only a week now
>>
>>4053637
Mime without spellcasters must be tough. With them you could imitate rod breaking, right?
>>
>>4053637
Does Sword Dance work with barefists?
>>
>>4047638
We can get RK to play FF12
>>
>>4054147
It does
>>
>>4048416
Same here. Natural run. White Mage, BERSERKER, Beastmastser, Chemist. Got burned out in the pyramid, quit.

Going to try again this year though with a normal run with 5th job. If I manage to finish and have time for a second run, I'll try purechaos just for shots and googles.
>>
What the best version to play this on? And what system? Actual GBA, emulator on phone, emulator on another device (3DS, PSP, etc.), or emulator on PC?
>>
Who the fuck is Krile? I remember Cara. I thought this was a Super Nintendo game.
>>
>>4055803
If you got burned out with a pretty strong run I don't want to know what'll happen to you if you get a shit one.
>>
>>4055945
I'm not him, but FF5 is a great game.

It's fun to be able to shuffle jobs at will, and customize your party.

4JF is so restrictive, that even if you get an "overpowered" party, its boring. I'm watching a dude grind Shield Dragons on twitch right now with his Beastmasters. You don't need to do that if you have access to everything.
>>
>>4055954
I found shield dragons tedious, I'd rather kill the forest enemies in the rift.

With Chemist and WM there's no reason to grind though, they can walk all over neo exdeath.
>>4055898
Kururu, Cara, Krile. First is Japanese, second is SFC fan translation, last is official English.
>>
>>4055898
>Who the fuck is Krile? I remember Cara.
Her name is クルル
>>
>>4049719
>i hate something awful because i had no idea it existed until years after the fact when i read about the history of 4chan
>this means i will never, ever be an "oldfag" and that makes me angry and bitter

Yeah, you'll have that. Probably better to funpost about it on /b/, though.
>>
>>4055992
Did you really need to project this much onto 3 day old bait?
>>
File: no.jpg (31KB, 567x334px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
31KB, 567x334px
>>4056026
>everything i don't like is projecting and bait
>"projecting" is the new "no u"
>>
Hopefully I don't burn out

If I do it's no problem dropping

Maybe I will stream but maybe not

I like Faris
>>
>>4047638
It seems like the most boring way to play through FFV. Why do people do it?
>>
>>4055992
>>i hate something awful
Pretty much.
>>
>>4057058
Because it's not boring unless you get really shitty jobs where the only answer is to grind. It makes it even more obvious how much effort Square put into FFV's gameplay than any of the other games but the MMOs.
>>
File: unnamed.png (1MB, 1412x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
1MB, 1412x900px
What the fuck.
>>
>>4057060
You're almost always given shitty jobs.

If you roll Monk or Thief as first class, you're fucked in the later stages.

If you roll No casters, and get a Red mage, you're fucked. if you get a White or Black, AND a red mage, you're in an incredible spot.

If you get Blue mage, you crush everything.

Basically teh game comes down to whether or not you get a single magic caster.
>>
>>4057058
Developing strategies around your limited options can be a lot of fun
>>
>>4057060
>It makes it even more obvious how much effort Square put into FFV's gameplay than any of the other games but the MMOs.
XIII was better in terms of gameplay
>>
>>4057246
Thief is pretty cool actually since you get easy hipotions and elixirs. And his utility options make ambush game overs impossible.
>>
>>4057235
>mobile version
why, anon?
>>
>>4057589
Thief also lets you get good equipment.
Sure, you get the Thief Knife, but only at the very ass end of the game.
>>
>>4057617
That's a question for the universe. I'm not playing it, I didn't know it existed.

I beat the SNES version (fan translation, I guess) years ago (actually I thnk I quit at Exdeath). If I wanted to replay, should I play the Gameboy version? Or is it dogshit like this mobile trash?
>>
>>4057638
The GBA version is fine, it a better translation and some neat bonus bosses (Although they're basically impossible in 4JF). Just make sure you play the European version since the US version is a bit buggy. There's also a sound restoration romhack that attempts to make it sound closer to the SNES version, but it still sounds worse.
>>
>>4057638
GBA, my boi
>>
>>4057550
XIII was rundown a hallway and use auto for every battle.
>>
>>4057683
V was grind until you feel suicidal, then move to the next area
>>
>>4057638
Fuck the haters. I say roll with the PS1 version.
>>
>>4057684
If you're doing a vanilla play though, you should never need to grind. There are so many OP combos that you can steamroll most stuff, provided you don't run from every battle like a chicken.
>>
>>4057661
>>4057664
Alright, I'm going to try this with pure chaos + fifth job but I don't have a Twatter so I'm going to randomise with dice according to this list:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_V_jobs

Gonna roll a die for each character in turn to determine category (wind, fire, etc.), 6 I choose. Then roll a die within category (wind, water, fire six-sided (6 on fire I choose), four-sided for other two). Characters are nojob until I get their crystal.

Butz: Oracle
Lenna: Dancer
Faris: Dancer
Galuf: Rolled a 6, chose Wind, got Knight
Cara: Gladiator

Am I going to make it, /vr/?

>>4057685
Too late, got Gameboy emulator.
>>
>>4057704
2 of them aren't even available until the game's over. RIP your ass.
>>
>>4057704
You probably shouldn't include the GBA jobs (Gladiator, Cannoneer, Necromancer, Oracle), they're all obtained stupidly late in the game.
>>
>>4057713
>>4057715
Shit, alright.

Butz: Chemist
Faris: Ninja
Galuf: Samurai
Cara: Summoner

There's something wrong with my four-sided die.
>>
>>4057692
the fun part is that running in FF5 actually makes you stronger with the Chicken knife
>>
>>4057743
>Chicken knife

It maybe strong fully powered up, but you still have to put up with it trying to run from battle, unless you have a method to avoid that (i.e. Sword Dance, two handing it in your off hand, ect.).
>>
>>4057768
It's still a damn sight better than the Brave Blade, especially in FJF.

Brav Blade may be the strongest non-post weapon but fucking hell is it not worth suffering through all the garbage encounters, especially in high enc rate areas like Forest of Moore.
It'd be worth it if not for the fact that literally only ONE job can naturally equip it.
Said job also has the SECOND strongest non-bonus weapon anyway so what's the fucking point when everyone and their grandmother can use the Chicken Knife and deal passable damage.
>>
>>4057740
Going to be pretty boring until you pick up Ninja but Chemist will easily carry you through the whole game.
>>
>>4057661
There's also a hack for the color palette which I highly recommend
>>
I just rolled blue mage, time mage, ninja and dragoon. I haven't played this game in a few years, is there anything I should be worried about with this set up?
>>
File: quickleak.gif (18KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
quickleak.gif
18KB, 150x150px
>>4057849
Everything there but Dragoon is really fucking strong.

You also have access to the forbidden tenchique.
>>
>>4057849
Being a little squishy. That party is extremely strong though, you shouldn't have any trouble so long as you remember to grab Vampire early.
>>
>>4057849
You're supposed to wait until you free a crystal to roll the next job. If you roll them all at once, then you can plan ahead.
>>
>>4058012
Oh, this is a pre-run so I can remember how the game goes. I probably should've mentioned that in the initial post.
>>
>>4057784
>It's still a damn sight better than the Brave Blade, especially in FJF.
I'd say if you get a Knight in a fiesta, you shouldn't run until you get a job capable of using the Chicken Knife without running away.
The Brave Blade can be 2handed which gives you much more damage, and when you get the Ragnarok you can simply give it to someone else with Equip Swords. Those equip skills are pretty underrated, they also give the base STR/AGI to a class with lower stats.
But if you do get Ninja, Dancer, Dragoon etc. that's where I would choose the Chicken Knife instead.
>>
>>4047638
What the hell is this game?
>>
>>4060153
can you read?
>>
I'm gonna do a solo character on top of the other rules but im unsure how I want to roll my jobs
Normal, pure chaos, random

I might also go natural though that'd mean I basically just get to pick one of 4 jobs to solo the game with which might be kind of hard/weird
>>
I get blue mage every year, and i've been participating for four years now.

It's easy mode every time I get a blue mage desu.
>>
File: 1465505371822.jpg (59KB, 470x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465505371822.jpg
59KB, 470x720px
I wish they did something like this but with Bravely Default. FFV variants and solos have been explored to hell and back already. It's gotten kind of stale.
>>
>>4061915
the way BD doles out jobs makes it kinda weird unfortunately but I agree I'd love to see it for that game or even FF3 (I havent played it though, no idea how it handles giving you jobs)
>>
>>4061915
I think the biggest issue with that is that it's 3DS exclusive, while FFV is on literally everything and easily emulated.
>>4061917
FF3 hands out jobs all the way into the final dungeon, so it'd be a bit awkward there too. There's also some parts that would be really dumb (impossible?) without being able to switch jobs.
>>
>>4061917
3 gives you jobs at every Crystal, problem is. there's no Job Customization unlike V. Furthermore, you get one, technically two if you include Ninja and Sage that are obtained on a extra dungeon. of the sets of jobs literally right before the final dungeon.
>>
>>4061921
FF3 is also built in a completely different way from FF5. Dungeons where you need to Mini to get in and fight while Minied, bosses like Garuda that want you to abuse a single class' gimmick and is ridiculous bullshit outside of that, if not unwinnable without absurd levels of grind, utterly garbage balance, and so on. It'd be a very shitty experience.
>>
>>4061917
FF3 is not fit for a fiesta, or at least the famicom version isn't (I've never played the remake). For starters, you would be required to use either a white or red mage for the first job, since you need someone who can cast mini and toad for some dungeons early in the game - there's no way around it. Secondly, the game features a number of jobs that are pretty much just upgraded versions of other jobs (similar abilities with better stats), so your early jobs become largely useless by endgame.

I love FF3, and there are other fun ways to play around with its job system, but it's not well suited to the fiesta rules.
>>
>>4049681
It's for charity, dummy. If you want to do it on your own, just get some dice and roll.
>>
>>4055850
Phone, don't fall for the meme that the mobile is garbage
VI mobile is garbage but not V

play on emulated pc for save states
>>
>>4057617
>>4057638
>falling for the mobile meme
See >>4062193
>>
>>4061908
Blue Mage, Samurai, and Chemist are all easy mode.
>>
The worst thing about the mobile version is that it changes Omega, indirectly or otherwise, to the point where just about every standard Fiesta strategy is a shitload less efficient if not non-functional entirely.
>>
File: 100_4095.jpg (652KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
100_4095.jpg
652KB, 2000x1500px
I was looking over my strategy guide and I came across these little gems of info.
>>
>>4062193
>>4062220
It's not that it's mechanically bad, it's the fact that the mobile port of FFV looks like dog shit.
>>
>>4062193
>>4062220
It looks like complete shit, but go ahead and tell me about the most acculate transration of grolious moon speak, weeb.
>>
I've done the fiesta for years now and have beaten FF5 on every version available, they literally all have egregious problems that make suggesting one version as definitive impossible, though most of them seem to involve berserkers and probably dont effect the normal player as much

SNES has weird targeting issues with berserkers and bugs like the chicken knife softlocking

GBA has sound graphic downgrade by comparison but some (but not all) bugs are fixed, it has bonus stuff too not that that's relevant to the fiesta

IOS/Steam/PC has the horrible sprites but moving diagonally is arousing and monsters actually look pretty good too, autosave is kinda convenient too really

If its your first time playing and you care about the story I'd probably recommend the SNES version with the translation patch, it's not perfect and its a little plain in spots but it's a pretty good job all around and SNES is the only way to experience the music and graphics fully in original form, the GBA restoration patches are better but still not quite on par with the original, at least last I checked

IOS is kinda fun/interesting but it'd be a weird way to play it the first time I feel like
>>
>>4063806
>GBA has sound graphic downgrade
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/563/
Emulation enhanced, but still.
>>
So my game's fucked? I beat flying Lonka, Galuf left, I read Cid's note and met them at the first metorite, then went to another (6 bomb fight one) and died. Loaded, I think after reading the note, went and ground out some job points, but now I can't progress. Note's gone, nobody's at any of the meteorites.
>>
>>4063869
You might have sent them into a meteorite and saved and forgot or something, I did that once

Check each meteorite and if that fails go check the secret base for the letter again, failing that it's possible your save was further back then you remembered maybe
>>
>>4063806
What about the PS1 version? And don't say load times because they aren't that bad. The translation is wonky, but that doesn't affect gameplay.
>>
>>4047638
I'm planning to use a hacked version of the rom, where everything can replace attack+item like the mimic can.
>>
I like the hack that unlocks all jobs at the beginning
>>
>have a FF5 file that has most jobs maxed out
>if I get bad jobs, I play until I get bored
>then I just screenshot my easy win team from my other file and call it a day

How 4JF is best experienced.
>>
twitch: rpglimitbreak

The Run is going on right now
>>
>>4064870
two people have finished, one had an ISP fail
>>
1-4 SNES
4-9 GBA
0 Steam
>>
>>4065784
Which one is the best?
>>
>>4065889
Toss-up between SNES and GBA.
PS1 and Steam/iOS versions are awful.

It's actually GBA but people still swear by the SNES version being better.
>>
I would play the SNES version if it had the innate run ability

Also: Black Mage/Zerker
>>
Rolled my jobs.

>White
>Time
>Ninja
>Samurai
Might be ok... I'll probably give it a try. Getting -anything- mage is good, and Samurai, obviously is gonna make Ex-death a lot easier.
>>
>>4066293
You're supposed to wait until you get to a crystal to roll.
>>
>>4066329
It literally does not matter, anon
>>
>>4066293
Almost exactly like in my first fiesta.

Those classes aren't ok, they're fucking broken. Easiest fiesta I ever did.
>>
>>4066329
It makes absolutely zero difference.

I don't use twitter, so I just get it out of the way and forget about it.
>>
BMAG
ZERK
BARD
SMUR
>>
Fighting Garula with all White Mages.
Fuck everything.
>>
>>4066293
dude that's insane luck. They're all solid classes.

Is this fiesta thing doable without a twitter acount? don't feel like making one just for this
>>
>>4066737
Have one or two attack from the back row while the others heal. Once you are out of mp swap weapons and switch roles. His counterattacks can be a real pain.
>>
>>4066803
I relied mostly on luck because I couldn't afford to waste time with the switch-around. Full protect on party made sure the damage was manageable, though I had to do some emergency Phoenix Downs around the middle. I scratched out the last few HPs as I was all around running out of MP.
It was mostly very, very, very long and annoying.

Summoner was the second job which made it an easy ride from then on. Though getting Shiva was also a many-attempts trial. It's very, very cruel that she can't be paralyzed or silenced.

I just got my third job and it's one of the unlucky delayed ones. Ranger. Which mixes well... with absolutely nothing I have. I guess at least I have a halfway decent source of physical damage?
>>
>>4066773
>Is this fiesta thing doable without a twitter acount? don't feel like making one just for this

Just get a list of jobs for each crystal and roll a dice.
>>
I'm playing my own custom four job fiesta involving hacks and stuff.

The rules are:
-!Attack and !Item are removable for all jobs. Yeah, this fucks up the balance, but whatever. I'm doing this for fun anyway.
>Start out with access to all jobs. Roll for each character.
>At getting to a new crystal, roll for each character, taking the jobs from the previous crystal out of the roster. So if I miss something from early on, I'm fucked. There is a wild space for 'stay in current job' for each crystal, and there is a Freelancer space for each crystal.
>Once I can grab Mime, gotta flip a coin. If heads, I have to pick someone to be that mime.
>>
File: Untitled.png (27KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
27KB, 960x640px
>>4067967
Bartz: Mystic Knight
Faris: Ninja
Galuf: Geomancer

After changing classes and going to Tule, one thing is obvious- Snoozy Galuf is pretty awesome right now, since Gaia can kill essentially anything. I bought whatever black magic I could grab, for swordmagicking, but spent too much to get Faris any weapons. doh.

Karl was pretty tough, at first. Feeler took Galuf and Lenna out for a while, I'd packed only fire and cold magic for swordmagicking, and Faris didn't have any weapons. It was only a lucky Jitterbug and a lucky Sword Dance from Lenna that kept me from dying horribly. Job up for Bartz and Faris.

A bunch of dagger drops from the undead in the graveyard made Faris actually useful, while Lenna kept getting hurt by Jitterbugging the undead. Siren was a piece of cake. Bunch of Sword Dances, Fire swords, throwing spare daggers, and that blue flame thing Gaia keeps doing made it easy enough. Job up for Faris and Lenna.

Megissa and whatshisface were easy. Kept stabbing/dancing/gaiaing away, and eventually they died. I got the wind drake, Galuf (and bartz) finally jobbed up, and now we're off to Walse.
>>
File: casthimin.jpg (16KB, 267x305px) Image search: [Google]
casthimin.jpg
16KB, 267x305px
>#regPureChaos
>CAN NOW USE THE WATER JOB 'BERSERKER'. HAHA.
>>
>>4067967
Where do you get these hacks? They work for the GBA version?
>>
>>4068187
From right here;
>http://www.jeffludwig.com/ff5a/download.php

It also changes up what order you normally get classes, and tweaks a few things. Like giving those headstones enough MP to use flash, for example.
>>
>>4068001
After abusing Smoke to get access to the elven cloaks and such in Castle Walse, we went to the water tower. Galuf got access to Wind Slash there, and that made fights a joke. I elected to grind here for a bit, enough so that Faris and Lenna got another job up- so Lenna got Dance, and Faris got Dual-Wield. Garula had a strange fascination with attacking Faris, but I got her back on her feet just in time to win the fight. By the time I got to the end of the water tower, Bartz ranked up one final time- and then we got the Water crystals. Time for more rolling!

>Bartz: Mystic Knight > Ranger
>Faris: Ninja > Berseker
>Lenna: Dancer > Oracle
>Galuf: Geomancer > Chemist

Bartz got nature-loving, Faris's angry, Lenna got divinatory, and Galuf got changed out his comfy snuggly pajamas for a square hat. Oracle should be fun- Predict isn't good, exactly, but I enjoy it. Lenna's outfit is kinda cute too. Here's where things get a big change. Mostly, Lenna and Bartz don't have Attack anymore. Instead, Lenna's got Dance, Flirt, and Item to go with her natural Condemn, and Bartz has Aim so he doesn't need Attack.

The most obvious thing on the walk to Karnak is that Faris is a beast- duel-wielding weapons and dealing 250 damage a strike, crushing everything. While Lenna's less useful. Condemn is just plain too slow, with her current job level. I could still use it to heal people with Rejuvenate, but with Faris around I can't just idle in a fight forever. With the damage she's doing, fights are over in less than that.

I hate the fire-powered ship. I hate it hate it hate it. Bartz ranked up though, giving him the ability to summon bees. But since I hate most of the classes I ended up with I'm not grinding anything for ABP and I'm just going to go for the next round.
>>
>>4068760
If you're using the old job abilities as well, Bartz is inherently broken. Mystic Knight + Xfight is fucking ridiculous
>>
File: Untitled2.png (27KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
27KB, 960x640px
>>4068760
So, the Liquid Flame fucked me. repeatedly. I can't kill it with my current team, at my current level. I had hopes for Oracle's Black Frost to take effect, but the Berseker forces it into a different shape before any Condemns can hit. The chemist, without Mix, is basically entirely useless- Gaia only ever casts abilities that heals the boss- and the Hunter... Well, he's pretty good, once he's got Blizzara stuffed into his sword. But I still can't do it yet. So I guess I'm going to grind these guys for a bit.

(I have been and will be using emulator turbo, because why the fuck not.)

By the time I hit 18, Faris and Galuf both ranked up. Faris got Berserk, and Galuf got Pharmacology. So, both useless. But I figured I'd try, and going back through the Fire-powered ship Lenna and Bartz ranked up too, and Galuf had just gotten a second rank up.

We finally killed the bastard, after the berserking Faris fucked everyone over a handful of times. Lenna's Rejuvenation saved the day, since the delay was now only 15 seconds and while she couldn't do anything to the monster, she's an amazing healer.

The escape from castle Karnak was nothing out of the ordinary, though I fought a bit more slowly than I would with a party I actually wanted, but I got to meet Iron Claw with 2 minutes left. Then Faris turned him into paste.

>>4068775
It would have been ridiculous... Except I just finished up with these classes. Which means I can't switch back to them, can't farm them, can't do anything like that. I missed Xfight, just like I missed both Black and White magic.

As for the new classes... I rolled a Gladiator, a Stay, a Samurai, and a Cannoneer.

>Bartz: Mystic Knight > Ranger > Gladiator
>Faris: Ninja > Berseker > Samurai
>Lenna: Dancer > Oracle > Stay (Oracle)
>Galuf: Geomancer > Chemist > Cannoneer

This should be fun.
>>
Does anyone else love the sprites of this game?
>>
File: 2017 FFVFJF Victory.png (11KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
2017 FFVFJF Victory.png
11KB, 1440x960px
I got my Victory earlier today. I have no idea if Gilgabot recognized it or not but I really don't care
>>
>>4069104
What the fuck is with the aspect ratio
>>
>>4061917
BD has a new game plus where you get all jobs from the get go. I think it has potential for this kind of run.
>>
>first time ever doing FJF, second time playing FFV ever
>just finished the fire hand boss
>Knight
>Mystic Knight
>Ranger
Thanks Gilgabot
>>
>>4069158
I think I took the picture while the image was being stretched, or mayb that's just how the game displays those sprites at the end
>>
>zerker, freelancer, sam, magic knight
I thought pure Chaos fiesta would be more interesting than this.
>>
File: 2017 FFVFJF Shinryu Victory.png (46KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
2017 FFVFJF Shinryu Victory.png
46KB, 1440x960px
got my Triple Crown

I might be done with the Fiesta for a couple years now. We'll see
>>
>>4062153
The remake does a better job of making the classes more unique, but it still suffers from the first problem.
>>
>>4070017
>>4069104
>>4068797
>>4068001
What do you guys emulate instead of playing on an actual GBA?
>>
>>4070621
Because I'm poor as shit, like to abuse turbo, and I'm playing a hacked version of the game.
>>
>>4070621
mGBA, be warned though the latest version of it has issues with saving multiple screenshots
>>
>>4070623
>>4070635
Oh shit, I meant to say 'why' not 'what'
>>
>>4070642
I play on emulation because of the turbo feature.
>>
>>4070621
Because I can?
>>
>>4070675
Not an argument.
>>
>>4070749
Well, you're not wrong. Your question isn't an argument and it doesn't require an argument as an answer.
>>
>>4070776
Not him, but your post is pretty fucking obnoxious. If all you have to say is, "Because I can?" then you shouldn't even reply to his question at all. And what's with the question mark, you unassertive bitch?
>>
>>4070621

Because with an emulator I can just play whatever I want, I can save state which is convenient, and turbo feature.
>>
>>4070783
Holy shit dude, take a chill pill.
>>
Just rolled Blue, Summoner, Bard, Dancer.

How bad is this going to be?
>>
>>4070786
Ok, I am sorry anon. My bad. I was playing Lightning Returns and got killed by the last boss, which is why I'm slightly mad.
>>
>>4068797
>Bartz: Mystic Knight > Ranger > Gladiator
>Faris: Ninja > Berseker > Samurai
>Lenna: Dancer > Oracle > Stay (Oracle)
>Galuf: Geomancer > Chemist > Cannoneer

So now, with Galuf, I've got a ghost in my party instead of a pirate. Maybe he's both, but he has no images at all. When I get Cara/Krile, that will change, but he's a ghost for now. I'm not entirely sure how Open Fire works- it seems to have a lot of variance. Sometimes it'll barely deal a hundred damage, sometimes it'll deal a thousand.

Ianuki doesn't seem to work on bookmonsters in the library, so I've just put Faris on berserk and duel-wield for now. I can take it off when fighting bosses or when I need more control, but for working my way through dungeons it's probably better to have it than not. Bartz' Finisher is awesome, since it's intended for end-game, and 9999 damage is enough to kill almost everything. Except when it misses, but what can you do. Oh, and Lenna is still useless. Condemn takes too much damn time to trigger, so I just have her dancing most of the time.

Something interesting I've noticed is that Faris, as a samurai with duel-wield and berserk, attacks instantly, the moment a fight starts. Always. I'm not sure why that is.

Ifrit was easy. Couldn't Condemn him to black frost, but I could Rejuvinate the rest of my party. Faris, Galuf, and Bartz all did enough damage to do him in. I wasn't sure if wind would heal him like it did Liquid Flame, so I couldn't let Bartz use finisher, like at all. Byblos was pretty simple too. I was able to Condemn him to Brimstone, and he burned to death. Faris kept missing, though.
>>
>>4070813

After we got the ship, Lenna ranked up and got Predict. This ability is horrible. The one time I tried it out, I got Rockslide, dealing over 2000 damage to my own party, and instantly dying. I'm probably not going to use it, not unless I'm desperate. Bartz also ranked up and got Lure, which I immediately equipped. I've been trying not to grind unless I'm really really close to ranking up before I change crystals, but putting on Lure to make more fights totally isn't grinding... right?

I removed Faris's berserk for the sandworm, but I needn't worry- Bartz' finisher took care of it basically instantly, with Elemental Attack. Most fights end up like that. Bosses are instantly taken care of by Elemental Attack, while enemies are all wiped out by Ianuki.

Also, this just in- while exploring Jachol cave, I discovered that Aim always hits skull eaters. Pretty awesome. Basically everyone ranked up while I went through that, since tons of ABP, and Lenna's prediction is down to a 10-tick delay. Galuf got Combine, so now he can Mix and Combine to his heart's desire. I've put Giant Killer onto Bartz- with Aim being an 'always hit' ability, that makes axes actually useful. He can't use spellblade with it, but I can always give him a sword or whatever when he needs it. I did so for Adamantoise, and with Blizzaga, Condeming it to Black Frost, and a messing about with Combine was enough to kill it.

Finally, this hacked version of FFV messed around with some of the abilities earned through leveling- when Faris ranked up to level 3 samurai, she got Lance. Which is completely useless for her, since she doesn't use MP for anything.

Anyway, I'm off to the sky fortress soon. And after Earth Crystal, I'm locked into the jobs my characters have at that point. Since I've got three of the four earth-tier classes already marked, and the rules I made up for it prevents two of the same job, that means that it's very likely my characters' jobs will remain the same.
>>
File: Untitled3.png (28KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
28KB, 960x640px
>>4070819
Oh, and I forgot the picture. Whoops.
>>
>>4070819
It's been a while since I've played with the GBA jobs, but I believe there's a way to tell what Predict is going to do before you use it.
>>
>>4070836
I looked into it- it's some combination of the oracle's last digit of their health and mana, and some complicated in-depth thingy.

>>4070819
The Sol Cannon was tough. Kept killing me repeatedly, but I figured it out eventually. Had Galuf mix up some Hasty-ade for Lenna, then letting Lenna start condemning her party to be rejuvinated constantly. Healed them all up, and kept them alive while Bartz put lightning into his sword and Galuf kept mixing Smelling Salts into people to de-age them.

Archaeoaevis wasn't really a problem. I just kept attacking him until he died twice. I regret buying so many scrolls and buckshot now- the cannoneer's attacks aren't doing much more than Open Fire. I guess it's meant more for fights with large numbers of people. Then King Tycoon died, Exdeath revived, Galuf and Krile left, and now it's just the three of us. Time to roll! Since the other three crystals are destroyed, I roll only on the list of things earned by the earth crystal. And they are...

Gladiator, Oracle, Necromancer, and Stay.

Welp. Since Bartz claimed Gladiator, he's keeping it. Since Lenna claimed Oracle, she's keeping it. So it's up to decide whether Faris stays a samurai, or whether Galuf/Krile stays a Cannoneer, and which of the two change to become a necromancer. Faris with Lance would definitely be useful as a necromancer, since she can heal with that, but at the same time, Galuf could always mix up a poison or instant-death mix for himself. Then again, that all takes Dark Matter, and Lenna can't do shit to heal undead. Even Condemning an undead to Doom still kills her...

What do you guys think?
>>
>>4070791
Blue Mage has tons of great spells. Summoner has Golem and Phoenix. Not too sure about Bard. Dancer's Sword Dance will probably be your main source of physical damage, which kinda sucks.
>>
>>4071036
>Blue Mage has tons of great spells.
Thats the understatement of the year.

Blue Mage is straight up broken if you know how to exploit it. You can kill things with single casts. Tons of bosses are vulnerable to L5Death.

You can do absurd shit, like Dark Spark > Level5Death a lot of enemies.

The magic is powerful. It's diverse. They have decent melee capability with swords. They can equip fucking shields which are OP as heck in FF5.

Blue Mage is probably the single best job in FF5.
>>
>>4071041
>Blue Mage is probably the single best job in FF5.
Chemist exists.
>>
>>4070791
You've got 4 fantastic classes.
>>
>>4071042
Samurai too. Make it rain. GilCannon all day, everyday.
>>
>>4071051
Samurai's good but nowhere close to Blue Mage and especially not Chemist.
>>
>>4071058
FF5 power levels probably go

>Free Space Tier: Freelancer, Mime
>Chemist
Power gap
>Blue Mage
Power gap
>Top Tier: White, Time, Summ, Samurai, Ninja, Mystic, Bard
>Mid Tier: Ranger, Dancer, Knight, Dragoon, Beastmaster, Black
>Low Tier: Thief, Red, Monk, Berserker, Geo

Now that I think about it, the fiesta probably works because so much of the job roster is flat out broken.
>>
>go on twitch
>search up FFV out of boredom
>mfw all the streams with face cams are all pasty white neckbeards

Why is this game so popular among these types of people? Seriously, go on Twitch right now if you don't believe me.
>>
File: your average FFV player.png (2MB, 1646x926px) Image search: [Google]
your average FFV player.png
2MB, 1646x926px
>>4071324
>>
>>4071326
>>4071324
I don't disagree but I mean who cares
>>
>>4071358
Just an observation, that's all.
>>
Can someone explain to me the whole #victory on twitter?

What do i win by completing this, am I getting points on a leaderboard or something? I don't see why you're supposed to tweet after you're done.

This is a serious question, just want to know if there's some sort of benefit, also because apparently using a SFC Eng game isn't considered 'legit'
>>
>>4071374
You get nothing.
It's for fun.

And people donate to charity based on how many people beat the game and such.
>>
>>4063225
was this the guide for the PSX version
>>
>>4071374
>because apparently using a SFC Eng game isn't considered 'legit'
where did you read that? I was planning on trying this out with a english patched rom on a flash cart. Not that it really matters if its "legit" or not.
>>
so if your first job is black mage does every one have to be a black mage once you get the wind crystal? you have to drop free lancer for ever yone once you hit the first crystal?
>>
>>4071668
Yup.
>>
>>4071668
unless you also do a Natural run, yes.
>>
File: 512A59XNK7L[1].jpg (46KB, 341x475px) Image search: [Google]
512A59XNK7L[1].jpg
46KB, 341x475px
>>4071513
Yes. This is the one.
>>
File: pony head doofy smile.png (870KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pony head doofy smile.png
870KB, 1920x1080px
>I'll just spam Shadow Flare
>>
>Second to last boss in Jade Cocoon
>want to do the fiesta but I hate playing JRPG's after one another

I wanna die.
>>
>>4072191
Shadow Flare was a comfy Diablo clone.
>>
>>4072656
>>want to do the fiesta but I hate playing JRPG's after one another
why
>>
>3 of my jobs are the same as last year

I registered for fifth job though, so hopefully dragoon isn't replaced by the only one from last year I didn't get (berserker).
>>
I got Blue Mage/Red Mage/Geomancer/Samurai. This shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>Knight
>Berserker
>Berserker
>Berserker
hm.
>>
>>4071326

Was that not the target audience for this type of game?
>>
>>4061917
There's a handful of job bosses in Bravely that you HAVE to fight, so those could be used. But then there's the matter of how the game's second half works. There's no easy answer to this - BD would need its own set of rules, possibly involving new game plus.
>>
>>4073085
I was looking at the players list and there was one guy with four Berzerkers.
>>
>>4073106
I'm Asian.
>>
>>4070794
Bhunivelze is a fucker, I know that feel.
>>
>>4073118
Finally beat him yesterday. Now I've beaten I-VIII, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2, LR: XIII, and XV.

I tried IX today, but I feel burnt out from the FF series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQxmxJkEkXY
>>
File: 1382099071907.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1382099071907.gif
2MB, 320x240px
I rolled a Berserker, and my god I had no idea how bad this job was. I figured it was just an uncontrollable character, no big deal. Nobody told me their primary weapons never fucking hit anything.

I can't wait until I can teach someone an Equip skill so I never have to see another axe/hammer again.
>>
>>4073170
Better hope you roll a class with good weapons then
>>
>>4073170
I give them knives instead
>>
>>4073170
Berserker gets a lot better once you get Gaia hammers or the Rune axe if you have a caster job.

They can also cheese the crystals fight with instant death.
>>
>>4070904
>Bartz: Mystic Knight > Ranger > Gladiator > Gladiator
>Faris: Ninja > Berseker > Samurai > Necromancer
>Lenna: Dancer > Oracle > Stay (Oracle) > Oracle
>Galuf: Geomancer > Chemist > Cannoneer > Stay (Cannoneer)

So, the meteor bosses were all mostly easy... except, of course, Purobolos. The fuckers wouldn't die, and with no area attacks, the only way I could kill them is by using Lance and Mystery Waltz enough to drain their MP too much for them to use Arise. Only problem is, they kept self-destructing to kill Faris, who can't be revived due to undeadness, and Mystery Waltz was anything but a certain thing. So finally I said 'fuck it, I'll buy a bunch of pheonix downs' and did just that. Kept using one every time a purobolos self-destructed, until there were none left. Lenna ended up the only one surviving, and thus leveling up twice. But who cares? We're going to the second world!

The next parts of the second world was easy and uneventful. The tyrannosaurus was easy enough, but the Bone Dragons in Drakenvale were annoying as shit. eventually I just started running away from them, since Faris couldn't do anything to them, Lenna's dance hurt herself half the time due to undead. Took out the dragon grass pretty easily, while Lenna had constant recovery condemns up on everyone to deal with the debuffs. Also, I don't have Teleport, because no time mages. It's terrible, and I have to take the long way out every time. Fuck bone dragons- they're immune to Condemn for whatever reason, I can't Lance them because they're undead, and Open Fire doesn't deal enough damage. I end up just crossing my fingers and hoping for an Elemental Finisher. But at least now that I have second-world ingredients to mix with, I can make some better mixes.

I have to say, I love Gilgamesh. He's the best character in this game. That... and digging a tunnel underneath the barrier is pretty clever too.
>>
File: Untitled4.png (27KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled4.png
27KB, 960x640px
>>4073421
In the barrier tower, I spent a bit farming up the future chicken knife and also grinding for reflect rings. It took a while, but eventually I got all four of them- including an outrageously lucky two reflect rings in a row, in back-to-back fights. You can bet that after that I ran back to Hiryuu on the deck and saved on the world map after that. Oh, and if you're curious, Condemn does go through reflect as if it weren't even there. Another point in its favor.

Honestly, I'm really liking the ranked-up oracle. I wasn't sure about it before, but Condemn is so weird and it's kinda cool. It can Doom undead, it can affect things through undead... only downsides are that it takes time- 07 seconds at this rank- and doesn't work on certain bosses. I'm not sure why- it might depend on the Heavy tag or something. Looking it up on the wiki just told me that 'the effect will randomly hit either the party or the opponents' which is verifiably false. Oh, and I felt like an idiot running all the way back to the world map to save when I stumble across a save point literally three steps from where I was grinding.

The Yellow Dragon fight for the blood sword was fun, and we got two coral rings out of it. With Faris's Lance, Lenna's Dance, and now Bartz' Blood Swance, we've all got some good drain. Except for Galuf, but he's invisible so I forget he's even there unless I need him to make something for me. So he's kind of like another Mid and Cid. We're going to be shit against undead, but what can you do. Also, Condemn ticks down faster if the oracle was hasted when they cast it. Or maybe that's if the person condemned is hasted? I have no clue.

Atomos, I somehow killed on my first try. Faris was destroyed instantly by meteor, and Bartz couldn't hit shit so I let the two slooowly drift into Atomos's mouth, pirate necromancer first. Lenna and Gid were hasted. With Gid's cannon and Lenna's healing, we somehow made it through just as Atomos was about to eat Bartz.
>>
>>4073423
>affect things through undead

That's supposed to read Reflect. It's reflect that Condemn pierces. Which is pretty awesome.
>>
>>4073423
>Krile would be Kid

... Heh.
>>
Hm. Disappointed that I couldn't completely break the game.
The level up potions had a more significant effect when it was a Knight double-handing swords, reaching 9999 in no time.
No such luck with a Ranger, much less with Rapidfire. After feeding like 8 dragon potions it was still dealing ~2300 per Rapidfire hit. Still decent, specially when it crited. But not as bonkers as I expected.
As usual, Chemist gave me an unfair advantage. My only significant snag was Almagest doing a OHKO even at full health. But I wised up and fed everyone HP up mixes AND the Protect+Shell+Reflect mix.

The White mage cast a single holy when no mixing seemed to be necessary. No healing.
Summoner DID help though, providing some useful AOE on Neo Exdeath.

Fun combo, but the most notable part of the run was still the absolute screw that was ALL white mages at the start.
>>
Good jobs for soloing? No monk please.
>>
>>4074219
http://www.sullla.com/FF/finalfantasy.html
>>
File: Untitled5.png (28KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled5.png
28KB, 960x640px
>>4073423
So down we go into Ghido's cave. Metamorphs are shit and annoying and I hate them. But we get through it, and I have to say- I love Bartz poking Ghido. In fact, I love a lot of lines in this game.

Then I had to get back out. Fuck metamorphs. Did get two staves of light, though. Gave one to Lenna so that she can do actual damage, and the other to Faris to increase her magic stat. Once out, I made a stop back at Bal to go farm the basement for Faris's first dark magic spell, then we're off to the forest of Moore.

Bartz was really feeling more and more useless, where I'd just use him and pray for an Elemental Finisher... Then he ranked up. Turns out, in this modded version of the game, a level 3 gladiator gains Rapid Fire/X-fight. And he also has spellblade. Fuck yes. With that, and me learning more about how and when to use combine, and the normally-annoying enemies in the forest aren't too bad. I gave the Aegis Shield to Gid, since he's more useful than Bartz alive.

The seals are vulnerable to Condemn's Doom. Nuff said.

Then Galuf fought Exdeath, and died. But not before reflecting everything Exdeath was even doing.

One thing I really love a lot about FFV is the scene where Galuf dies. You've got characters casting all of the healing spells they have, raise death, elixers, phoenix downs, etc, and actually *showing* them not work. Then Krile took Galuf's place, except instead of turning invisible she actually put on a hat that's larger than her entire wind drake.

Now, to Exdeath's Castle. I ran out of potions and hipotions, so I've taken to having Lenna alternate between condemning an enemy to Stop and condemning allies to Regenerate, and bringing everyone back to full. Exdeath was rather challenging- though his blasty spells all bounced off my rings, he still insisted on Vacuum Waving Lenna to death, repeatedly, so that I couldn't heal. It was annoying as shit.

Anyway, that's it for this update- Onward, to the third world!
>>
>>4074219
Blue Mage is ridiculously fun.

I said fuck it to the Fiesta for now, and am just playing through for fun.

Grinding in Castle Bal's basement with L.5 Doom.

Blue Mage just makes the game so much fun. One shotting shit, Aqua Raping my way through the desert on the way to moogle forest instead of following the path. Using blow needles on everything for free 1k damage.
>>
>>4075369
I'm actually finding Oracle a lot of fun. Mostly Condemn. It's so strange, works on the oddest creatures. You can Doom Undead (And some bosses), Thundara those with Reflect, heal your party members on a delay, etc. If only there were higher level effects with longer delays...
>>
>>4075723
I'm thinking they didn't balance it properly.
>>
>>4076889
All the Advance jobs are absurdly broken.
>>
>>4076889
You're not supposed to have most of them until world 3, and one of them is a reward for killing a postgame superboss.
>>
>>4075365
Nah, nevermind. I killed a bunch of things, finished the PYramid of Moore without Lenna, then got bored after I got Lenna back. I probably won't finish this challenge.
>>
How does Final Fantasy Dimension compare to V?
>>
>>4077369
I hated it. It has the similar flaws as Bravely Default. Dungeon design is boring as all shit. Job system is fucked, since abilities don't alter stats: what's the point of giving white magic to a thief when his magic/wisdom stat stays low?
And when you play for like 10 hours you still only have basic jobs, not like FF5 which gives you blue mage, time Jahre, magic knight in no time.
>>
>>4077595
So there's nothing as good as V?
>>
>>4077921
thats right. best snes ff
>>
>>4078518
GBA*
>>
File: IMG_3526.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3526.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I always hate damage racing Neo-Ex Death, but it only took 2 attempts this time.

>tfw I didn't even get bahamut.
>>
>>4078992
>tfw you get all your jobs down at one time
>tfw you think for whatever reason you got summoner
>tfw you actually had whitemage

I don't know what the shit went through my mind. I literally did Summoner/Time/Ninja/Samurai when I was supposed to do White/Time/Ninja/Samurai

jtc just shoot me.
>>
>>4079017
How the fuck did that happen
>>
>>4079242
I have no idea. I did my jobs a few days before I started so that was probably it, then I never checked my twitter becuase I dont use it.
>>
>>4079282
Summoner couldn't be your wind job unless you used hax
>>
>>4078992

Bahamut really isn't worth it anyway since an Air Knife boosted Syldra is more powerful.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (14KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
14KB, 426x240px
>Almagest does more damage than your entire party's max HP
>jobs can't counteract it
Time to grind a shitload of levels out.
>>
>>4080081
what jobs
>>
>>4080109
2 Knight 2 Red Mage.
>>
>>4080123
I suppose you could shell one character with the wonder wand, but I don't know where you'd go from there.
>>
>>4079768
If you're on a random or is it Chaos? I can't remember, but it is possible.

>>4080081
This is mainly why I hate Neo-Ex Death in the FJF everything else is fun, but once you hit Neo-Ex Death it's basically a wall.

I can't remember which part uses Almagest, but I think one part of him is vulnerable to break, and another is vulnerable to instant death from Magic Lamp Odin.

>Dual redmage
My condolences
>>
>>4080303
The magic casting part (very back) is killable by Odin and the Almagest part (bottom) can be petrified, but good luck with that.
>>
Just finished with Knight - Summoner - Beastmaster - Dancer. Dancer carried the team so fucking hard that is not even funny.

Knight: Pretty much only good for !Guard. The damage is ok but nothing insane, also being single-target only hurts. It was thanks to him that Shinryu was easy as fuck though
Summoner: Nice for early staff breaking and easy clean up in random battles (Gaia Gear + Titan in world 2, Syldra + Magus Rod in world 3). Doing constant AoE damage is good still, and helped a lot on Neo-Exdeath.

Beastmaster: Really gimmicky. Helped making some bosses easier but the best use was against Exdeath. Two Thunder Dragons (only one non-Beastmaster knew !Catch) made the battle a lot easier. Later on him !Summon and started going crazy with the Fire Lash for 3000+ Firaga, or just used Air Dagger + Syldra Summon for good damage. Only beat Omega thanks to !Tame too.

Dancer: Crazy single target damage with Chicken Dagger + Sword Dance. 50% chance to deal 9999 damage. My only good source of damage against Omega too (~4000 for Sword Dance).
>>
>>4080703
Everyone raves about Dancer but I can't stand it. I guess I just have really shitty luck but I constantly whiff sword dances.

I guess I just prefer consistency
>>
>>4080867
Get the Dancer gear. Failing that, equip a fucking ribbon.
>>
>>4080867
It's not really the best class, but in my case it was the only thing that could do high single target damage.

I also got lucky as fuck on Exdeath / Neo-Exdeath and even got like 4 consecutive Sword Dances.

Oh, and you need a piece of dancer gear otherwise you're going to be useless.

>>4081135
Why Ribbon would help?
>>
>>4081135
I always get the dancer gear. It's still unreliable.

If you get jitterbug or tempting tango 4x in a row, you would've been better off just attacking.
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.