[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /vr/'s thoughts on the Wonder Boy series? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

What are /vr/'s thoughts on the Wonder Boy series? What's your favorite game in the franchise?
Pic related for me. What the fuck is up with that Charm system, though?
>>
>>4047338
It's my favorite as well; tons of personality and not that challenging.

The charm system is a cute way of portraying the "curse" aspect of the storyline, but granted: it's a bit frustrating at first until you stock enough charm stones
>>
I wish I could beat Monster Land, it kicks my ass. RPG elements with a timer was a terrible idea.
>>
>trap
>>
>>4047425
What?
>>
File: monster-world-4-close.jpg (519KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
monster-world-4-close.jpg
519KB, 1000x1000px
>>4047338
Asha a best.
>>
>>4047585
Get out you waifufaggot
>>
>>4047338
its basically a charisma system the more charm you have or the higher the rating the lower the prices at merchants.
>>
>>4047338
Charm gems increas the charm stat. Different equipment has different base charm stats. If your stat is low then you can't buy upgrades in stores and you will just see a question mark instead of the item.
>>
>>4048115
>>4047639
I know how it works, I meant why the hell did they make it like that, because it sucks.
>>
I liked Wonder Boy in Monster World but my file but I never completed it. A little slow paced for all the backtracking I had to do I think.
>>
File: ashabutt.gif (11KB, 136x122px) Image search: [Google]
ashabutt.gif
11KB, 136x122px
>>4047585
Agreed.
>>
>>4047585
>>4048417
You're the reason /vr/ had gone to shit.
>>
>>4049285
>muh pure childhood
>>
>>4049291
>this much of a non sequitur
I'm convinced you're at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence. Leave this place. Leave the Internet as a whole, and never come back. Never try getting into a discussion with anyone, as you won't be contributing anything.
>>
>>4047338
That cover is so misleading. It gives the impression that the game is about mentally disabled retards prancing down the road while neurotypical people jump out of the way, visibly cringing.
>>
I find Wonder Boy in Monster World to be my favorite.
>>
>>4047338
>What's your favorite game in the franchise?

Monster world IV.

>What are /vr/'s thoughts on the Wonder Boy series?

I miss it so much i even started to play the french game yesterday.
>>
>>4049418
Yeah the cover is terrible, at least the face of Wonder Boy. The Japanese cover is much better, though.
>>4049854
I've beaten it just today, what are your reasons for it being your favorite?
>>
where's the last sword in the remake? the one they added instead of the thunder saber
>>
>>4051152
nvm it's just one i didn't buy
>>
I remember playing a Wonder Boy arcade cabinet. That's pretty much the only "Wonder Boy" game I've ever played.

No idea what this Monster World business is.
>>
>>4051437
me too

where do I start with these other ones?
>>
>>4050031
>I miss it so much i even started to play the french game yesterday.

how is it?
>>
>>4051443
Play Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the Master System, then Wonder Boy in Dragon's Trap for the Master System. After that, play the remaining two games in the series, Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV (which has a fan translation), both are on the Genesis.
>>
>>4051460
You're missing Monster Lair.
>>
>>4051475
>implying he wants to play a mediocre SHMUP
>>
>>4051479
Eh, I liked it. Thought it was a fun blend of platformer and shooter.
>>
>>4051449
It is Wonder Boy the Dragon's Trap, they didn't touch the gameplay, only had some button for using items.
I think they really catch the atmosphere, if you liked the original and want to do it again you won't be disappointed.
They also add few dungeons but I didn't find them yet,

Anyway my favorite is the Dragon's Trap, but I really had a good time with Monster World IV when I bought it on my PS3, I can totally see Shantae's inspiraition
>>
>>4050259
I'm not sure what makes it my favorite. There's something about the graphics and its variety.

By the way did anyone try the remake of dragon's trap? It just came out on Steam and I'm wondering if it's decent.
>>
>>4053156
It's the purest remake of a game you can get. The physics and gameplay are completely untouched, to the point where they let you switch between new and old graphics on the fly and your passwords will work on both the remake and the original Master System version.

The new music and animations are great, but if you're a purist or just interested in the game and don't care about the facelift the game has been given you can just emulate the original, and the only difference is a couple of extra bonus areas and the ability to save.
>>
>>4047585
Fuck off with this waifu bullshit.
>>
Wonder Boy in Monster Land for the Arcade, hands down. Maybe its just because I was more of an arcade person than console person, IDK. it had a huge following in my local arcades, to the point that, even though they were all Japanese bootlegs and nobody knew a word of Japanese, people figured out the symbols for the pyramid bar/sphinx mini quest.
>>
>>4053192
>people figured out the symbols for the pyramid bar/sphinx mini quest
Shit nigga that's amazing
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.