[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Trigger: simple, somewhat childish story with broad and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gnarly-dreamers.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gnarly-dreamers.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
> Trigger: simple, somewhat childish story with broad and universal themes of heroism, friendship and adventure
> Cross: muh dreams / muh existential crises / muh ambiguous and or faulty memories / muh alternate dimensions / muh identity / muh fate

Is there a more spot-on example of the thematical shift that jrps underwent in the late nineties than the Chrono series?
>>
Change is bad, I want games to stay the same forever. Hurr.
>>
"Chrono Cross sucks because it's not Chrono Trigger" is one of the worst memes that has ever plagued the gaming imaginarium.
>>
Are you implying that Trigger didn't have the same themes?

Pretty much every character in that story has an existential crisis or has a crisis of indenity, is it any coincidence that over half the characters assume different names? Marle, Frog, Robo, Magus? Trigger fans are the worst at even knowing what their "favorite" game is about
>>
>>4047031
That's development, not a crisis.
>>
>>4047031
>Trigger fans are the worst at even knowing what their "favorite" game is about
It's about turn-based combat and character leveling.
>>
>>4047035
What makes you say that? The characters clearly have a "crisis" at some point in their story and have to address it in a confrontational manner with their "dragon" Marle=her father, Frog=Magus and Cyrus, Robo=Mother Brain, Magus=reliving his past and confrontation with the heroes.

That's more than character development which is usually "I'm scared and run away, oh now I'm not going to run away"
>>
>muh muh meme
Fuck off faggot
>>
>Love Chrono Trigger as a kid - even bought the weird PS1 port with the anime cutscenes
>Love Chrono Cross as a preteen - love it even more as an adult

If you don't like Cross for whatever lame reason you concocted - you need to get over yourself and stop wearing those granny panties your mom bought you.
>>
Why did Square have their own crisis and decide to never do a follow up. Trigger is one of the most beloved games of all time, Cross was acclaimed although it's very design made it lose some mainstream appeal.

A third game would have been popular.
>>
>>4047104
As I understand it, they could never manage to get the DREAM TEAM together again so they decided to make a spiritual sequel.
>>
>>4047098
Can you redpill me on which memes are tolerated around here then?
>>
it's all because sony stole squaresoft from nintendo, those f****** bastards
we'd still be getting comfy, quirky games with spoony bards and sons of submariners if it weren't for them
I hate hate hate hate hate hate them
>>
>>4047138
Uh, they made Radical Dreamers while still under Nintendo jurisdiction.
>>
>>4047138
anon stop youre shitposting into maximum overdrive
>>
>>4047024
It doesn't suck because it's not trigger. It sucks because it's poorly written, the characters are 1 dimensional and the battle music is rubbish.
>>
>>4048118
>It sucks because it's poorly written, the characters are 1 dimensional and the battle music is rubbish.
Sounds like Trigger alright.
>>
They're both good. Fuck Cross tho
>>
>>4047015
Sequels to things that don't need them usually tend to miss it hard.
>>
File: 1496883183334.jpg (93KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496883183334.jpg
93KB, 680x1024px
>>4047015
>adding "muh" in front of serious themes will make them look silly and win me acceptance!

Still, OP might be onto something if he ever stops sucking dicks. The developers were ambitious with the concept for Cross, but were completely unable to deliver anything more than a typical jrpg. The elaborate story just lowered the production values of the game, which were otherwise stellar.
>>
>>4047024
I think even if it was it's own game it would have sucked. Way to many characters to care about and I forgot what was going in the story about the time UFO's came from space with aliens.
>>
>>4048118
so...trigger
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.