[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good games for this thing? Hard mode: no Hudson or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: turboduo.jpg (47KB, 1200x461px) Image search: [Google]
turboduo.jpg
47KB, 1200x461px
Any good games for this thing?

Hard mode: no Hudson or Konami-developed games.
>>
>>4045824
>ask for good games
>NOT GAMES FROM GOOD DEVELOPERS THO
whats the point in this thread again?
>>
>>4045859
Because everyone knows about Bomberman and Castlevania already, ya goof.
>>
>>4045824
Splatterhouse
R-Type
Ys 1/2
Strip Fighter II
>>
>>4045824
Shin Megami Tensei, Dungeon Explorer I and II, Ys I and II, etc. It's a killer console when you add the cd-rom games. Pretty killer without it tbqhfamicom.
>>
hardmode would be no Namco son.
>>
>>4045824
Double Dragon II.
>>
>>4046005
This. Namco was a powerhouse on PCE.
>>
>psycho chaser
>monster lair
>genji tsuushin agedama
>aero blasters
>sinistron
>marchen maze
>shubibinman series
>super darius
>xevious
>mr. heli
>saint dragon
>barunba
>rabio lepus special
>hani on the road
>avenger
>shape shifter

there's a bunch more.
>>
The best port of ninja fucking spirit
>>
>>4045824
>OP
>Hottest girls in the world
>Hard Mode: No 8's, 9's, or 10's
>>
>>4046614
Anything made by IREM and Namco really. Masaya had some pretty good stuff too. And NEC Avenue was technically third-party (the company that made the console was NEC-HE).
>>
>>4046609
>>shape shifter
First time I've ever seen anyone besides me mention this game on 4chan
It was pretty rad
>>
File: download_2_front.jpg (277KB, 1414x1397px) Image search: [Google]
download_2_front.jpg
277KB, 1414x1397px
>>4045824
There's a lot of good games on the PCE, but I'll just post this:
>Have to hack in DA MANEFRAME to defeat Hitlers brain while listening to Black Sabbath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kVnLw5T_n4

>>4046910
>implying homos can't be psycho
>>
Y's 1,2 and 4.
>>
>>4045824
its pretty bad but it has rondo of blood which is the best castlevania game.
it also has spriggan and mad stalker
>>
>>4047282
>its pretty bad
get some fucking taste
>>
File: 81iG0TRXiQL._SX522_.jpg (86KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
81iG0TRXiQL._SX522_.jpg
86KB, 522x392px
>>4046931
The OVA was pretty rad too. The whole thing is on Niconico if you don't mind seeing it without subs.
>>
>>4046908
It was basically the proper follow up to legendary axe. Not that legendary axe 2 was bad.
>>
Splatterhouse

Bloody Wolf

Bonk's Adventure

Motherfucking Somer Assault, which was this awesome game about a slinky with a machine gun who goes around fucking up the zodiac constellations
>>
>>4047282
I heard Mad Stalker is best on the Sharp X68K.
>>
>>4047282
>it's bad
>mad stalker
jesus kid you cant call anything bad when you like shit games like that.
>>
>>4047663
I like PCE's music more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6CDSCoksg
>>
File: Need_to_fix_sound.jpg (776KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Need_to_fix_sound.jpg
776KB, 2592x1944px
>>4045824
That is really difficult since Hudson reprogrammed most games. Similar to how Sega got all those Capcom arcade games like Forgotten Worlds, Chiki Chiki Boys, Strider, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Mercs, etc. on the Genesis by reprogramming the games themselves, just like how Hudson reprogrammed Afterburner, Power Drift, Fantasy Zone, Outrun, etc. for the PC-Engine. Hudson alone practically single handedly supported the console and were damn good at it.

So no Hudson nor Konami. I will go with Naxat Soft's Nexzr. I miss that game, wish I never traded it away.
>>
>>4048418
how is Xak gaiden? would I be able to play it with minimal understanding of moonrunes?
>>
>>4048437
Yes it's just a shoot em up (sorta)
>>
>>4045824
I'm not too familiar with the Turbo line of consoles. Is this the same as the TurboGrafx 16? Or backwards compatible at least?
>>
>>4049162
Same thing, different name. Only the Supergrafx is different.
>>
>>4045998
I tell everyone to get Dungeon Explorer and the 5man-tap to play that game. Not actually that easy of a game but I honestly think we need a current game like that one, it is that good.
>>
File: 71igUCD3iCL.jpg (187KB, 2560x1104px) Image search: [Google]
71igUCD3iCL.jpg
187KB, 2560x1104px
>>4049162
TurboDuo was the TG16 with the CD addon mashed into one console. Sort of like Genesis with the cd addon you could buy, or later buy them combined as one system called the CDX.

The TurboDuo did have the benefit of a built in hucard that allowed for lots (almost all) of the cd games to be compatible off the bat. Where as the regular TG16 with cd addon you needed to also have a certain hucard inserted. Genesis/cdx didn't need any of that nonsense lol.

There were other benefits of the TurboDuo too just more technical.
>>
File: 1493532617652.png (661KB, 785x588px) Image search: [Google]
1493532617652.png
661KB, 785x588px
>someone deleted my post poking fun at Psycho Chaser
did i hurt someone's fucking feelings?

jesus christ, I've probably been here longer than these shitty janitors. eat my dick you peasants, sleep well
>>
>>4049247
>>4049237
Ah thanks.

I wish I could remember the names of the games I had then. Only one I know for sure was Bonk's Revenge.

I liked one with a ninja, mistook it for Shinobi later in life but now I'm sure it was another game entirely.

Then there was this odd one with a kid. Half the levels was playing as him sort of platforming around then the other half you were like a little chibi Gundam looking robot blowing shit up.
>>
>>4049256
>I liked one with a ninja, mistook it for Shinobi later in life but now I'm sure it was another game entirely.
Probably Ninja Spirit. Possibly Ninja Warriors but that didn't get a US release.

>Then there was this odd one with a kid. Half the levels was playing as him sort of platforming around then the other half you were like a little chibi Gundam looking robot blowing shit up.
Definitely Keith Courage.
>>
>>4049774
I wasn't sure it was ninja spirit until I saw the box art. That goofy dog head is definitely it.

And Keith Courage is also def it. Thanks a ton!
>>
File: Had_my_interest_and_my_attention.jpg (663KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Had_my_interest_and_my_attention.jpg
663KB, 2592x1944px
>>4048418
Fray CD? I would say it is simplistic but enjoyable. As >>4049154 said, it is kind of like a shooting game, think Pocky & Rocky, Twinkle Tale, or Mystic Formula with a bit of item management. This video demonstrates the game well:

https://youtu.be/LPBPHmg9Jd4

It's not the best, and there are probably better games to try beforehand, but fun to play.

So long as you know the kanzi for "buy," "sell," and "talk" you should be in good shape, I don't think it gets any more complicated than that. Fortunately you can tell from the icons of items what things are, and there are numbers and English characters which should guide you pretty well.
>>
>>4048437
Whoops, intended >>4051924 to be the reply and not my own post. (I use my pics to identify my posts and connecting replies)
>>
>>4051924
>>4051929
Yeah I have fairly basic knowledge, stuff like legend of valkyrie or bikkuriman world I can make my way through knowing what I'm upgrading/buying and not getting stuck, but Fray looked a bit more dialogue heavy. But it also looks like a really awesome game, and at 40-50 bucks it's definitely worth a go. Thanks for the insight friend anon!
>>
>>4048418
>Hudson reprogrammed

No. NEC Avenue did all of those you listed, as well as any Capcom ports mentioned above. They also did stuff for Taito

Here's some games NEC Avenue did

>Side Arms
>Operation Wolf
>Darius I and II

Here's some of the ports Hudson did, not all but some

>Ys Book I and II
>Pang
>Raiden
>all Wonder Boy games
>R-Type
>Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>4045824
Plenty of good shit. Some genres are definitely lacking though such as beatemups. It's godtier for Shooters and RPGs though

Here's a list of some shit, I won't include ports by Hudson either

>Ninja Spirit
>Legend of Xanadu I and II
>Parasol Stars
>Liquid Kids
>SonSon II
>Download
>Splatterhouse
>Samurai Ghost
>Blood Gear
>River City Ransom
>Chiki Chiki Boys
>Forgotten Worlds
>Street Fighter II CE (no turbo unfortunately)
>Mr. Heli
>Coryoon
>Super Dodgeball
>Devil Crush
>Twin Cobra
>>
>>4054361
What about Alfa Systems and Red Entertainment? Were they a part of Hudson?
>>
>>4054370
those are separate companies but since Hudson published their stuff I try not to count it. Especially since Hudson owned Bonk

Bonk 1 is a great game though, and Bonk 2 is one of the all time greats. We don't talk about Bonk 3.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.