[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoshi's Island thread. This game is incredibly lovely, beautiful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: 62_116531446.jpg (34KB, 400x242px) Image search: [Google]
62_116531446.jpg
34KB, 400x242px
Yoshi's Island thread. This game is incredibly lovely, beautiful, and enjoyable.
>>
File: 1491862532022.jpg (24KB, 314x295px) Image search: [Google]
1491862532022.jpg
24KB, 314x295px
>>4045551
Was Yoshi's Story ever any good?
>>
File: 798299.png (5KB, 198x170px) Image search: [Google]
798299.png
5KB, 198x170px
This game has so many cuties.
>>
Have never enjoyed the game, but the art direction is good for what they were going for.
>>
I've completed it once or twice as a kid, but never got 100% on ALL the worlds. What do you unlock with that?
>>
>>4045551
My favorite platformer. I beat it a couple years ago and also a few times as a kid. Gotta go back and play it again soon.
>>
>YFW Miyamoto-san was disgusted by the graphics in Donkey Kang.
>YFW Yoshi's Island is a reaction to that disgust.
>>
Watched my BF play through it the last couple of days. 2 Days ago it glitched and the SRAM data was lost, all saves wiped. I've never seen a SNES game do this. He had 3 Stages left to 100%. ;__;
>>
>>4045620
No, he was disgusted at the idea of the draw of the game being the graphics rather than the gameplay, which he found simplistic and uninspired
>>
>>4045556
No, every Yoshi game after Island is not worth your time.
>>
>>4045661
Isn't Woolly World good? I never bothered with it since I hated Epic Yarn, but people seem to have liked it.
>>
>>4045661
>>4045661
The GBA port has some merits too, its just that the resolution is too damn small, and can't be properly upscaled.
>>
What's the best version of this game? I want to try it out.
>>
>>4045685
The SNES original. The GBA version has some bonus levels, but the trade-off is a smaller screen and having to constantly hear Yoshi's annoying modern voice.
>>
>>4045691
And since you're probably emulating, you can just download a save file for the GBA version when you're done with the main game on SNES.
>>
>>4045628

He never said that though.
>>
Best looking game on the SNES.
>>
>>
I really love the graphics in this game. It brings the sort of trippy, surreal world of mario to life in a stunning way. It is completely immersive.

Is it just me or did Kirby 3 try to do a similar style of graphics and fail completely? Rather than being full of life, it is flat and boring.
>>
>>4045726
Probably because Y:I is very bright and colorful while KDL3 is very subdued.
>>
I like the cute characters and small details in Yoshi's Island. It reminds me of the NES game Mr. Grimmick, which Shiggy Miyamoto called a masterpiece.
>>
>>4045726
My only complain is the lack of soundtrack. It could've been the perfect audio-visual experience, but not with 10 minutes of music stretched over 6 worlds.
>>
>>4045712
>That disgusting sprite tweening
>>
>>4045661
Wooly World is good, and this is coming from someone who thinks Yoshi's Island is one of the best platformers of all time
>>
Donkey Kong Country is better.
>>
File: steven_l._kent.jpg (12KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
steven_l._kent.jpg
12KB, 262x262px
>>4045628
>>4045620
>[western video game journalism intensificates]
>>
>>4045735
Reminds me of Kirby, only way better.
>>
>>4045551
YI=GARBO
>>
>>4045670
It's really great. It leans a little too hard on the legacy of the original at times (the bosses are all variants on classic bosses) but other than that it's extremely creative and fun, with some genuinely challenging sections. The art style is also used in creative and unique ways like it was in Yoshi's Story instead of just being cute for its own sake.
It's the only Yoshi game that deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the original.
>>
>>4045986

If you prefer barebones platforming, maybe.
>>
>>4045551
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQGZO8--vjk
>>
File: giggle-mk2.jpg (24KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
giggle-mk2.jpg
24KB, 500x313px
>>4045551
>he unironically enjoys literal babby's first platformer
>>
>>4045923
Had to justify the added cost of the SuperFX chip somehow
>>
Yoshi's Island is a bad game. Baby Mario is too annoying.
t. aspies
>>
>>4048106
I think he means how awful the compression of that webm is.
>>
>>4049865
People who say this shit really get under my skin. If you're annoyed by his crying, just stop sucking at the game and you won't hear it.
>>
>>4049872
It isn't annoying to me, but really, if the baby you're transporting DIDN'T CRY it would be a huge game flaw. He's a fucking baby. Besides, if you know what real baby crying sounds like, you'll know baby Mario is fucking nothing in comparison.
>>
>>4045712
Man, that game is beautiful.
>>
>>4049872
You're goddamn right. Besides, when yoshi is skiing, he gets a small winter cap and that's a pretty cool detail.
>>
>>4045556
Story was great, but I was also a child. Something about being an actually useful baby yoshi is pretty great to this day
>>
>>4045691
Also the botched dizzy effect.
>>
>>4045551
give it to me straight, does the snes version have any chance of getting a Virtual Console release?
(assuming that VC actually makes it to the Switch)
>>
>>4050707
No, Nintendo doesn't own the rights to the SFX chip, Argonaut does.
>>
>>4050717
I would say they could try to implement the game without the emu code for it, but I am not sure how hard that would be.
>>
>>4050727
You know it's really weird because the GBA port proves they DO in fact still own the source code. I wonder what is going on.
>>
>>4049872
>If you're annoyed by his crying, just stop sucking at the game and you won't hear it.
That's like saying "don't use the cape in SMW if you don't like it" or "don't get cut off in traffic by an asshole if you don't like it."

Avoiding a problem does not suddenly make that problem nonexistent.
>>
>>4050747
Shit argument mate. Don't use the cape in SMW if you don't like it... I don't know how much more simple it can get.

Your example of "don't get cut off" is shit because that's an outside force that you cant avoid causing the problem. You can just not pick up the cape and platform like a real man.

So stop sucking at Yoshi's Island.
>>
>>4050747
Are you fucking serious? It's just a sound effect that goes away if you git gud at the game. That's many, many levels removed from getting cut off in traffic.
>>
>>4050717
Those rights expired just recently
>>
>>4045551
Is this considered to be a "Mario" game?

If so, would you say it's the best Mario platformer?
>>
>>4045612
Lol Poochy hell scroller ftw. Can't remember desu, I dont think you really get much aside from minigames unlock from what I remember.
>>
Probably one of the best Yoshivanias out there.
>>
>>4050782
>If so, would you say it's the best Mario platformer?
Yes.
>>
>>4050782
The music alone makes it greatest of all time
>>
>>4050754
>Shit argument mate. Don't use the cape in SMW if you don't like it... I don't know how much more simple it can get.
How does avoiding using the cape in any way change that the cape is a brokenly overpowered power-up? How does avoiding using Yoshi in SMW in any way change that Yoshi is overpowered to the point of being broken?

>Your example of "don't get cut off" is shit because that's an outside force that you cant avoid causing the problem.
But you can avoid it. You could avoid it by not driving or driving where there is only one lane in the direction you're going.

>You can just not pick up the cape and platform like a real man.
Yet why would someone do that when that's playing the game in a suboptimal way? The whole time you're avoiding using the cape you're thinking to yourself that you're an idiot for not playing the game in the best way you possibly could, and you'd be right.

>>4050771
>It's just a sound effect that goes away if you git gud at the game
That sound effect is still in the game. Avoiding getting hit or not, the sound effect is still there. Problems aren't solved by ignoring their existence, anon.
>>
Yoshi's Island DS is also an extremely good game.
>>
>>4051107
You should try getting that long, black stick out of your anus sometime, anon.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.